“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Athens, Georgia
“Stay Somewhere Else”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is an old Holiday inn that is outdated. Beds NOT Comfortable. The Free 'Full' Hot Breakfast Had No Pancakes, No Bacon. No Lowfat or Skim milk. The website is NOT Accurate as far as pictures, etc. No 'Free' Paper, as advertised. NO elevators, you must walk up Multiple layers of Steps. Very Dissapointing. Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a party of 20 people for a family reunion. The rooms were adequate and the food was fine. Unfortunately, while paying for my dinner, I somehow misplaced my debit card. The next day three charges were made to a nearby gas station. I left a phone message for the General Manager to call me, including the nature of my call. Several days later, the Sales Director for Group Sales returned my call.

In addition, my mother left her computer cord in the room. My cousin went to the front desk and they didin't know anthing about it. She sent her husband back to the front desk and they were able to come up with it.

Room Tip: This hotel is on a hill so there are several sets of steps to access your room. If you have a probl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, Small double room!! Small double beds . Very small and not like the website pictures...
Curtain falls apart, some of the lamps and the electrical outlets don't work, hair dryer didn't work.
No elevator!
Need good renew for the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Thumbs up for the staff's friendliness and the bed was very good. The room in general was okay, but not great. We were led to believe that the entrance to the rooms were all indoor as that is what we always look for in a hotel, but they were all outside entrances. A huge thumbs down on the Sat. night buffet ($18.99 ea.). The choices were sparse, the prime rib was tough, and the baked potatoes weren't done, plus I think ours were leftover from Friday night's dinner and just reheated, at least that's how they tasted anyway. Another thumbs down on the breakfast buffet also. More or less tasted like hospital food! And, there was no bacon in sight, just over-cooked sausage links! If there is a southern breakfast buffet I expect me some bacon! lol We'll give another hotel a try if we ever visit Cherokee again. This one was just not good enough for what we spent on the room and the food. btw - I'm giving it a poor rating based mostly on the food. If we hadn't bought dinner there or bothered with breakfast I would have given it a 3 for average. What you don't know can't hurt you as the saying goes. ;-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We sayed here for 2 nites.The beds were so comfy we missed the breakfast buffet.Well,the first day,I got the times mixd up.The second day,I woke up in time,but must have went right back to sleep.The wife said he tried to wake me up,but I only grunted.So,with that infomaton I guess it had to be the bed.....Room was clean and comfortable.
Will stay here again if there is a room available....

Room Tip: Seems like the upper rooms are the newer ones and the even numbers are the best as you are staying o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jomosmojo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We brought my daughter's second grade class to Cherokee for a field trip in early June and stayed at the Chestnut Tree Inn. The hotel gave us excellent prices on lodging and dinner and bent over backward to take care of us. They were incredibly patient with 21 eight-year olds and stayed perpetually pleasant and cheerful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank letsky
Dobson, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife here for her birthday. We stayed in a king smoking room. Room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. The cleaning people done an excellent job and all of the front desk staff were very polite. Free breakfast every morning was good. Will be back again.

• Stayed August 2013