All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanhot buffetstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citymini fridgecasinogravymountains
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Thisi s an older hotel that has been lovingly manitained. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The breakfast is wonderful and the rate very affordable. What more can you ask for?

2  Thank fatcat1415
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Staff freindly, room spacious and comfy, nice hot free breakfast. Close to area attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misty22
Reviewed November 13, 2011

the front desk could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. the breakfast buffet was plentiful and the food was hot. I would do it again!

Room Tip: the cleaning carts do make noise on the pavement so try to ask for an area where there is late cleanup
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAMAJAG
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Good location. Comfortable beds. Good food at complimentary breakfast! We went during off-season (November) so there was not a buffet. Rather, breakfast was cooked to order. While the food was above average for a hotel, the service during breakfast was poor. This was the fault of our particular server, a long haired Indian woman who was not the least bit cordial. Our impression was that she didn't want us there. Or maybe she doesn't want to be there herself. I would have taken her attitude personally, but soon realized that this waitress had the same exact demeanor with all her other tables too. I overheard somebody ask for something and receive a "grunt" as a reply. There were no smiles, no pleasantries... just guests being treated like crap! I'm a very easy person to please, and even I was appalled to see what was going on in that dining room! The most stunning "WOW!" moment came after our server accidentally dropped our butter & jelly packets on the floor. She picked them all up, put them back on the saucer and then placed it on our table and said, "Here is your butter and jelly", and walked away. I asked my wife, "Did she just put those same packets on the table off this dirty floor?" Incredulously, the answer is YES she DID!!! Unbelievable, and by far the worst act of customer service I've ever seen before. Unfortunately, this woman is a disgrace to the Chestnut Tree hotel. Although the food was good, breakfast was not at all enjoyable. I'd say this actually ruined my overall experience at the hotel. I will go back to Cherokee, but not again to this place. Quite a shame.

1  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've never been keen in staying in hotels where the doors open to an exterior corridor. However, I must say our stay at the Chestnut Tree Inn in Cherokee was a pleasure. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The breakfast buffett was a delight. The room was extra clean. The beds were very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more!

2  Thank Michelle S