All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanhot buffetstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citymini fridgecasinogravymountains
Reviewed November 13, 2011

the front desk could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. the breakfast buffet was plentiful and the food was hot. I would do it again!

Room Tip: the cleaning carts do make noise on the pavement so try to ask for an area where there is late cleanup
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAMAJAG
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Good location. Comfortable beds. Good food at complimentary breakfast! We went during off-season (November) so there was not a buffet. Rather, breakfast was cooked to order. While the food was above average for a hotel, the service during breakfast was poor. This was the fault of our particular server, a long haired Indian woman who was not the least bit cordial. Our impression was that she didn't want us there. Or maybe she doesn't want to be there herself. I would have taken her attitude personally, but soon realized that this waitress had the same exact demeanor with all her other tables too. I overheard somebody ask for something and receive a "grunt" as a reply. There were no smiles, no pleasantries... just guests being treated like crap! I'm a very easy person to please, and even I was appalled to see what was going on in that dining room! The most stunning "WOW!" moment came after our server accidentally dropped our butter & jelly packets on the floor. She picked them all up, put them back on the saucer and then placed it on our table and said, "Here is your butter and jelly", and walked away. I asked my wife, "Did she just put those same packets on the table off this dirty floor?" Incredulously, the answer is YES she DID!!! Unbelievable, and by far the worst act of customer service I've ever seen before. Unfortunately, this woman is a disgrace to the Chestnut Tree hotel. Although the food was good, breakfast was not at all enjoyable. I'd say this actually ruined my overall experience at the hotel. I will go back to Cherokee, but not again to this place. Quite a shame.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've never been keen in staying in hotels where the doors open to an exterior corridor. However, I must say our stay at the Chestnut Tree Inn in Cherokee was a pleasure. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The breakfast buffett was a delight. The room was extra clean. The beds were very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed at Chestnut Tree Inn in Cherokee NC Oct 25,2011. Everyone we came into contact with at the hotel were very nice and helpful.
The price is about 1/2 of the price as the Casino's or the hotel's located around the casino and Chestnut includes a full hot breakfast.
Chestnut Tree is 1.5 miles from the Casino. There is a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour from the hotel to the casino. Be warned...the last shuttle is at 10:30 pm. There are no Taxis in the area. If you miss the last shuttle you will be walking.
There is ample free parking at the casino.
The Chestnut Tree Inn was a Holiday Inn in the past. This hotel is older, but the beds were very comfortable & clean. The decor is dated. This hotel has the doors outside, good if you want to be able to drive right up to your door, not so good if you feel safer entering from an interior hallway. We felt for the location and price we did really well. We went to gamble and really only spent about 6 hours at the hotel . That was when we slept and then ate the next morning. If you want clean, comfortable, and a hot breakfast and a good price stay here. If you want high end decor and a newer hotel ,don't. You can always pay double, stay at the casino or at one of the hotels around the casino plus pay about $20.00 for 2 for breakfast, For me, and this trip, Chestnut Tree Inn was just fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank flowernc
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a line at check in, but it went quickly and efficiently. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a nice view of the surrounding area and the mountains. The prime rib/crab leg buffet was not only delicious but convenient as well. It is worth a visit whether you are staying there or not. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our stay) was an excellent way to start our day off. Overall, we had a wonderful experience here and recommend you visit when you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple