“It's an alright place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Georgia
“It's an alright place to stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I travel to Cherokee, NC at least once a month, and we've stayed at several hotels in the area. This was the first time we stayed at the Quality Inn (it was a comped room from Harrahs Casino).

Like others stated, the hotel is a little dated, but clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that I actually booked this room on 9/17/09 for a 2 night stay on 11/6/09 and 11/7/09 and told the booking person that I would definitely be a late arrival (somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:00-10:00 pm. On 11/6/09 I called the Quality Inn and told them that I wouldn't be there until around 10:30 pm, and I was told I could check in anytime up to 7:00 am the next morning. GREAT so far.

Upon check-in we were given a room in the main building on the first floor, but when I entered the room I found that the room hadn't even been cleaned. There was trash everywhere, beds were unmade, and there was soiled towels and washcloths in the bathtub. We immediately called the front desk and were told to come back to get a key for another room.

Anyway, just to let you know - the front desk clerk was very apologetic and he gave us what I think was an upgrade on the room. We were put in a much larger room on the river side for which we were more than grateful for the upgrade and the view.

My concern is this. I know that sometimes things happen for a reason. Maybe there were 2 maids working on that floor and one thought the other had cleaned the room, and this was just an oversite. But, suppose we arrived later than we did, and there weren't any other rooms available at 10:30 pm to put us into. Would someone be called in to clean the room, or would the front desk clerk call around (or call Harrahs) to see if we could get another comped room at another "partner" hotel? I guess I should have asked, but I just didn't even think about it.

Another comment - I went to iron my husband's shirt prior to leaving the room, but even though there was an ironing board, there wasn't an iron in the room. I don't know whether you have to ask at the front desk for one, or if the iron is supposed to be in the room. Needless to say, he wore a wrinkled shirt to the casino, but he really didn't seem to mind. It wasn't a big problem for him.

The free continental breakfast was okay too. My husband and I don't usually eat breakfast anyway, but it was a decent meal. There were the normal doughnuts, french toast, cereals, biscuits and gravy, eggs, etc. that other hotels offer complimentary, so it filled and warmed our stomachs.

The Quality Inn is a little distant from the casino, but they do have a shuttle to take guests back and forth.

Based on the experience that we had, overall I have to say that I would stay at the Quality Inn again. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway, only to sleep and then back to the casino again.

We had a great weekend, a free room for 2 nights, we comped our meals, which gave us a little more gambling money, and at least this trip I didn't have to make additional trips to the ATM. I actually came out with just a little less $$ than I began with, and I played at the casino for 2 days.

Again, in closing, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RonnieDGeorgia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
tulsa
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Staff was friendly, room was adequate and clean. I was expecting a balconey overlooking the river however mine just overlooked the street. It was just okay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed here in September - I am a hotel Manager so stay at quite allot of different hotel chains - I like my rooms to be roomy, tidy and most importantly the bed has to be comfortable and clean - this was all. The hotel foyer is lovely and the staff really helpful we needed a corkscrew - Richard the Manager found one for us - I needed a bandaid - Trip got one for me. The best thing about this hotel has to be the VIEW - it is amazing - handy for the casino and handy to be in a quiet location.
I would definately return to this property.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ATL
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed at the Quality Inn for 1 night. Clean and good to enjoy a short trip to the mountains. It is located by a creek, a little farther from the cheesy Cherokee Downtown, which is a good thing!
Beds were OK and room was good sized. Nice pool . Fred Wi-fi in the room, but I had to go to the lobby to solve a problem with the Wi-Fi and the person there was friendly and solved the problem quick.
Good value, and I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Get a room with a running river just off your balcony for +/- $80! This place has the rooms, and despite an exterior corridor, there were no security concerns as there was no window on that side. We loved the room, and the breakfast room, and breakfast was neat too.

The only problem with the place was that the wireless network didn't work well from the outlying rooms: I had to take my laptop to the lounge area to get a signal. I imagine that the rooms close to the office had good reception?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I was very excited about staying here, as I was looking forward to sitting on the porch/balcony in the evening and in the morning with my coffee. We were given a first floor room at the inside corner of the two buildings--thus no view, and in addition, there was a 6 foot tall bush in front of the porch. So, not only could I not see anything, but because the bush was full of bees, I could not even sit on the porch at all. You would think they could trim their shrubs, if for no other reason than to keep people from being stung by bees. This was our first stay here, and for free, it was OK, but the Fairfield is much nicer and closer.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stayed at the Quality Inn for two days and as far as the hotel itself, the staff was friendly and clean. Nothing extravagant but clean. When we left on 7/4/09, after two hours I realized I left my wallet on the bed. I knew exactly where it was and it had my driver's license and money in it. I called when I got home and they said they did have the wallet and they charged me to FedEX it to my home. I did get it but when I opened it up, I had a $100 bill missing. I knew it was missing because I had only one $100 bill in the wallet. I called them to let them know I got the wallet but $100 bill was missing. They said they were sorry. I told them that someone in their housekeeping or staff took it. I gave my number and said if it did show up (I told them I was sure it wouldn't) to call. I hope they will check with who was cleaning my room on that date. I'm sure they could pin it down but doubt they will. My $100 is gone and I'm sure nothing was done to even check with employees. I've learned my lesson. Triple check the room before you leave because you won't get everything back, even if they do send your wallet back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple