“Get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Tried to get a rm at the casino but it was full. The Casino gave us a discounted rate at this place. Not what we would have picked out for ourselves but it was a lot cheaper than the casino but no comparison. The place was a bit older and wasn't as conveniently located to the casino as some of the other places but they did have the shuttle. We ended up just driving just because it was more convenient plus casino parking was free & the drinks weren't free so no worried of drinking & driving. If you are just looking for a clean place to lay your head then this place will do & the money you save you can use to gamble with. Wouldn't really recommend it if you were going to be in your room a lot because it was far from luxurious. We were only in the rm to sleep so that made it tolerable. The pillows were hard, bedding a bit cheap but it was clean.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows. Also North side of the hotel had views of the river. South side looked out i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Compared to the Harrahs Hotel Resort we are a smaller property and cannot offer the same amenities. Everything we carry in our rooms is required by Choice Hotels so we have to comply. Bedding, etc. We are centrally located to most attractions in the Cherokee area. The casino is just 1 1/2 miles from us. We do have a lot of guests that request our hotel instead of staying at the casino hotel. I'm sorry you feel like we let you down.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

You can tell that this hotel and this area mentality is back in the 1960. This is our final trip here. Going back in time to a non divers era is what it is like with this hotel and this entire area. We will never come back here again. Hotel is old and some people get better rooms than others. We meet a couple in the parking lot that had a wonder suite and we had check in at the same time, and asked for a upgrade and did not get it. We visited with the folks later and they had gotten phone to be moved to upgrade although we were the ones that asked for it. Just overall 1950-1960 service at this hotel. Not very friendly and we will not come back to this area again. My wife and I hated our visit and was happy to leave today. Terrible breakfast, terrible stay. Television work on premium channel came in at time but out most of the time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
I'm sorry you feel like our hotel mistreated you and did not give you the proper service. The hotel is about 15 years old but we are suppose to be doing some renovations at some point in the coming year. We have just changed out our mattress sets in our suites with all new ones and the owner has plans to do more. I'm not sure who checked you in because I wasn't here to know what rooms we had available, but if the other couple took the last upgrade room we had open then the front desk probably wasn't able to upgrade the both of you. Like I said though I can't be for sure if that's what happened because I wasn't there to see what was going on. We honestly don't pick and choose who gets one and who doesn't. I'm sorry you feel like that was the way it worked. We try to do them in order of who comes in first or calls ahead of time on the day of arrival. The breakfast usually gets a lot of good reviews. We have some guests that stay here just for the breakfast. They stated that it was the best they have had at a Quality Inn. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. You seem to have made up your mind about not coming back to the area or our hotel so I'm not sure if what I say will change your mind, but I wanted a chance to explain the procedure and our plans to renovate.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here the first week of December and I had a good stay.
The positives- room was clean, bed comfortable, breakfast was good and it's convenient to harrahs.
The cons- I stayed 2 nights and my second night there my room keys didn't work(this is at 2am in the morning). I was told by the night shift that the day shift doesn't always program the keys for multiple nights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your room. I understand you had some issues with your keys. The front desk may not always code keys in for the correct number of nights but they will go dead also if you have them next to a cell phone or other cards. Sometimes they will just go dead on there own. I have made keys before and I have had guests come by and say there keys have went dead. You just never know. Sorry this happened while you were here and especially at 2am. Hopefully this will not deter you from staying with us again.
Georgia Mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The casino in Cherokee, NC gave me a stay at this motel which is not far from the casino. Not walking distance, but they have a free shuttle to and from the casino. Check-in was good. The room was clean and had a small balcony with 2 chairs. The a/c was quiet and the bed was comfortable. They had coffee and hot water for tea in the lobby 24/7. Breakfast was adequate, if not very luxurious. No hot foods, just cereals, toast, juice and coffee and fruit. Also donuts and bagels. I think the advertised rack rate is too high, but it is in a tourist area, so I guess that's what they can get. The front desk girls were friendly and helpful.
I took the shuttle to the casino and was told that it runs every 30 minutes until 11 pm. When I left the casino at 7:50 pm, I waited outside for the shuttle until after 8:30. I was then told that the drivers go to "lunch" between 7 and 8 pm. It would have been nice for someone to have told me that before I waited out in the cold for over 45 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. Sorry the breakfast was a little disappointing. We do have a couple of hot items such has biscuits and gravy and egg patties. Other than that it is just regular items like you stated. I'm sorry about the shuttle. Yes they usually do run about 30 minutes to an hour at the casino but the front desk should have told you about the dinner break at 7pm. Other than that there is the Cherokee Cab service. I think they charge $20 to run from our hotel to the casino. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as well as your room. Hopefully when you are in the Cherokee area in the future you will stay with us again. As always the business is greatly appreciated.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

A nice, non-smoking room, comfortable bed, good continental breakfast, very nice people. Mark, at the front desk let me stay a little past check-out and got me signed up on choice hotels.com. Betty, in the dining room was very knowledgeable about the local area. A good over-night stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. It's always nice to get positive feedback from a guest. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was nice able to help you with information about the local area. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the Cherokee area.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

At the end of Oct. 2013, My wife and I and Her sister and Husband were going to HH Island for vacation. I got a one night reservation at Harrahs Casino for Nov. 8th comp., but they had no other rooms, so they booked a room for my relatives at Quality Inn for them at $69 for the night. When they got there because I was not with them, they would not give them room for the $69, but would charge them $129 plus tax, etc. even though everyone knew when I booked it, it was for them. They would not stay there at that price, so on Nov. 14 th Quality Inn charged me $69 to my charge card. They must really need the money. I will never use them again or any other Quality Inn. I go to Cherokee, NC. at least four times a year. The Casino is great, with excellent service and super staff and just a totally great place to stay. I will also be posting this on Facebook for all my friends to see how Quality Inn treats their Customers.

Room Tip: Any room at another Hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I'm sorry this incident happened. If it was a Harrahs reservation we have to go by there rules. They always tell us not to let anyone check into there rooms unless it is the person the reservation is under. In order to avoid this the guest can call Harrahs and have them to add a name to there reservation so that the other person can check into the room. I'm sorry but when you book through the casino we have to go by what they say since it's not a direct reservation through us. However if they did not want to pay our rate, which I don't blame them since they could get a cheaper rate through Harrahs, the reservation could have been cancelled with the casino up till 4:00pm on the day of arrival. That is there cancellation deadline. Since the reservation was never cancelled then that's why you were billed the $69. Just for future reference if you book again through the casino just add there name to the reservation so the other person can check in if your not here.
Lexington, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Outside a stream runs behind the hotel in the Great Smokey Mountains, check in was smooth and everything was looking good... then we entered our room. First impression was the room was dark. Well, that's because several light bulbs were burned out. The bathroom had ants swarming on the counter and floor. The beds were bedbug free, but in my opinion, uncomfortable.
The free breakfast was what you get anywhere, but they did have two varieties of hot gravy.

I would suggest you shop around before deciding on this one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abr0610
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. Housekeeping obviously didn't check the lights very well when they were cleaning. I'm not sure if front desk was aware of the light issue but they have extra bulbs and they could have changed them out for you if requested. As far as the ants, we have had Terminex here on the property to spray so hopefully we have that issue under control. They seem to be worse this year for whatever reason. Maybe because we didn't have a very cold winter last year. The bed situation is tricky. We have some guests that love them and want to take them home and then we have others that are not so fond of them. It's like a 50/50 shot we have. We try to have clean comfortable rooms that our guests enjoy and that please everybody but sometimes it's just not that easy to do. I know the owner is planning some renovations and maybe doing some upgrades in the near future so hopefully you will give us another try down the road.