“Great stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I have stayed here twice now and have had a great experience both time. Rooms are clean and a very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank sexton21

Reviewed July 13, 2008

Everyone was very nice. Rooms seem very clean, But mattress was very bad. I have a bad back and they liked to have killed me, after about 2 hours of tossing and turning I went and slept in my car. I cant stay again unless update beds.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night here during our anniversary weekend get-away to the Smokey Mountains. The room (in building D) was much larger than we expected... included two double beds and a sleeper sofa. We also had a small dining table, as well as a separate sink and counter area for the coffee maker. There was a decent-sized fridge, but no microwave. Despite all the furniture, we had plenty of room to move around... could easily have accomodated a couple more people with us. We did notice that the motel offered adjoining rooms. Our private deck overlooking the river was a nice evening escape and a pleasant way to drink a cup of coffee early the next morning. Customer service wasn't much of an issue for us... although, I have to say we had no problems with our room and the check in/out process went flawlessly. We never did find the free breakfast... found a coffee closet off the lobby area, but no dining area with food. (Signs in the lobby would have helped.) We also didn't use (or see) the pool, so we can't comment on it. It took us a while to find the motel. Never did see a sign or advertisements along the road to direct us. We ended up stopping at Sleep Inn to get directions. All things considered though, it was a relatively nice place to stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilydandy
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We had stayed at the Quality Inn once before on a weekend in Cherokee, but we were not sure about the name. We arrived midday Saturday and requested a non-smoking room with a view of the river. The check-in person was excellent! She gave us a few choices before we selected our room.

We walked around the property and made it a point not to book a room at the far end because of the huge dryer ducts that blew hot dusty air.

We found the room very clean and comfortable. The bed was excellent and the view was more than we could have asked for. If you are in Cherokee for the casino or the mountains the Quality Inn has it all; a great price, super rooms and a beautiful view.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rikrit
Reviewed April 9, 2008

When we checked in, I found some melted "candy?" on the blanket on one of the beds. I went to the front desk to ask for clean blankets for both beds. The 2 clerks on duty were having a personal conversation and ignored me for about 2 minutes. One clerk became very rude and argumentative and insisted on coming to the room to see the "candy" which I was happy to oblige her doing. She continued to be so rude that I wanted to check out, which she invited us to do, but after calling several other hotels, there were no vacancies and we were forced to stay here. I called the manager when I returned home because I have never been treated so badly or had such or horrible experience at a hotel. He basically called me a liar, at which point I told him I understood his want to take up for his employee since they were friends, but he should put customer service 1st and never should he call a customer a liar. He was as bad as the front desk clerk. I tried to contact someone higher up in this organization but was always referred back to this hotel manager. Oh, and our toilet stopped up and overflowed while we were there and we couldn't find anyone to fix it. My husband had to go to the maintenance room, find a plunger and take care of it himself while my children and I mopped up the floor. Did the manager care? Of course not. We travel almost every weekend during the summer and this is the worst experience I've ever had, nothing else compares! Pool was dirty and cloudy. Chemicals were not added the entire time we were there. No one ever checked the water.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jenesaispas
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express when we travel, however we were lured by the beauty of the river to the Quality Inn(which has rooms that overlook this beautiful river). The rooms were standard, there were a few things that I would usually be willing to overlook, like there being NO fitted sheet on the bed, and ciggarette butts all over the ground outside the balconies, and a few small miscelaneous things. However, The customer service was horrorable, the General Manager had a bad attitude, and was rude. I would recomment the destination to anyone, however I would not recommend this as a place to lodge.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2008

What a great getaway. A suite on the river with a private balcony.

Great service during my entire stay. The breakfast goes above and beyond most hotels in the area.

Staff very friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo