“Rude Front Desk - Didn't hold our room reservation”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed October 21, 2007

Being a property owner myself and understanding the trade of vacation client service, I normally would not write a negative review unless there was something very wrong with a vacation rental. In this case, the rudeness and negative attitude of the male manager at Sleep In ruined one of the two nights of our weekend getaway - our first visit to Cherokee this October. We stayed our fist night at Sleep Inn-Cherokee - very nice and accommodating staff. The second night, we needed to move to Quality Inn-Cherokee who had availabilty and was to be rated a higher class hotel, higher rate, for Saturday night. When we went over to check in at Quality Inn, the front desk clerk was on a personal call and did a few things to 'check us in,' however she failed to do the most important thing, which was to actually check us in the computer (although it appeared that she did). It was 1:00 pm when we arrived to check-in. We spent 15 minutes on this process. She said she'd have the room available at 3pm for moving our things in - she didn't offer to store our luggage. We advised we'd be going to Pigeon Forge for the afternoon and be back after dinner time to move in. She said 'you are all set.' When we came back at 8pm to move in, to our shock, we were told by the evening desk clerk that our room was rented to someone else. The clerk was very rude and non-understanding. She put us directly to the manager - by phone. He did not come to talk to us in person, which was poor client service. He voiced loudly 3x that we should've known that we were'nt checked in if it was before 3pm. While we explained and asked him to look at earlier front desk video or something to understand that we did come earlier to check-in and were told, we were all set, this fell on deaf ears of a vocal manager, who went vented over the phone, which was non-deserving, as we were the ones with no room during busy October. With no room, we went back to Sleep Inn who had been fully booked for Sat. per the Reservations Line, we were fortunately accommodated, which helped us tremendously, as there were so many No Vacancy signs that popular weekend.

On a positive note b/c Cherokee and the Mtns are absolutely wonderful - Gambling at Harrah's is fun - be sure to get a Total Rewards Card. Going to the Apple Barn and eating at The Old Millhouse, Pigeon Forge, was a trip highlight as was Country Vittles in Maggie Vallie. Beautiful scenery and so many very nice people! Just avoid Quality Inn in Cherokee. It is unfortunate - it could be a nice place.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank STTNC

Reviewed August 27, 2007

we had a great stay at Quality, the people were friendly and the hotel clean.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 8, 2007

I'm 51 years old and this is the first time I have made a formal complaint so I don't write this lightly.
My family and I have stay here at least 10 times in the last 5 years and have never had any problems until the last 3 visits. We discussed the problems that we had encountered , some minor some major, and decided unless we brought it to the managers attention he couldn't fix them. With this in mind I went to see him to nicely point out the problems that had occured and instead of getting, were sorry for any inconvenience you have had and we will do our best to see it doesn't happen again, which is all I was wanting I was basically called a liar and was informed if I didn't like it we could just leave and in fact he would prefer we do so!
I informed him we would not be leaving due to the fact that 2 of our family members had handicaps and had chosen to sleep in . He then informed me if I changed my mind we had 30 minutes to leave{it was 10:30 am} or we would be charged for the 2 rooms for that night.
I left almost in tears and was so upset that I had to take a nerve pill to calm down.
Vacations should be restful not stressfull so be warned if you stay here and you have any problems don't tell the manager!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank autumn13
Reviewed July 31, 2007

The Quality Inn was very clean, our room spacious (Try to get a jacuzzi suite on the river!), and the staff very pleasant. It appears they have done quite a bit of upgrading, and they seem to be continuing! My boyfriend and I stayed here to attend a local wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with our accomodations. No, it's not a Ritz Carlton or a Hyatt, but everything from the front desk to the pool to the helpfulness of the staff was top quality! The setting is lovely, too. The hotel is just a bit out of the center of the bustling town, so it was quiet and serene. We will never stay anywhere else when we visit Cherokee!!!!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 25, 2007

Stayed here for one night courtesy of Harrah's. The place was pretty quiet and the front desk check-in was quick, no hassles. The room overall was nice and clean when we got there. We were given a room in one of the end units facing the river, which was great! We sat on the balcony and watched the river flow before heading out for an evening at the casino. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Dont stay here unless you like people being rude to you.The manager is very unfriendly and unprofessional. I pulled into their lot to take off my fishing gear before I checked in. Within 5 minutes the manager was in the parking lot being rude and trying to run me off the property-I guess because I was a fisherman-who knows. Needless to say I got in my SUV and found my lodging somewhere else. I would urge you to do the same thing!

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank TheHappyFisherman
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My husband and I chose this hotel due to it's "three star rating"; believe me - there is nothing three, two or even one star rated about this dump. We asked to move within the unit, but were not allowed. Our room was old, tired, and dirty. Carpet color was undistinguishable. Two broken down queen beds with thread-bare sheets and flat pillows. Bathtub filled with hair and clogged drain, light bulbs out and no stopper in the sink. The only good thing about this hotel is the view of the creek, but not visible through the dirty sliding glass door or from the never been cleaned balcony. This place was a three star dump!

Stayed: June 2006