“Beware”

Cherokee Grand Hotel
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beware of what you sign at this hotel. I chose this motel because it was pet friendly and booked on a pet friendly site. When I checked in they had me sign a paper stating I would not smoke in room.
When I got home I had a charge of $200 added to my bill. I called and they said it was for having pets in the room and when I signed that paper I should have read the fine print. They said the find print stated a $150 cleaning fee and $25 per day for pets.
Please read all of what you sign for, I had took for $200 because I didn't.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobbyC474
Patrick L, revenue manager at Cherokee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will continue to make improvements on our Hotel on a daily basis.

There are newer reviews for Cherokee Grand Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter, her friend and myself stayed there for one night. The room was large enough and clean. At check in, I asked for a rollaway. When we rerturned from dinner, it had not been delivered. I had to call the desk. It was finally delivered around 10:30 PM. You could feel the coil springs through the mattress on the rollaway. There was mold on the shower walls and the water temprature in the shower was either too hot or cold. The included breakfast was okay. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, breads and pastries, a waffle maker, several juices etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Patrick L, Manager at Cherokee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments and the review. We do apologize that your stay was less than exceptional. We are currently in the process of renovations and are striving to complete them all in a timely manner and will continue to make improvements on a daily basis. We hope that you do consider us for future visits.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our main reason for booking this hotel was because they offered a free shuttle to the casino. When we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly and courteous hotel staff. Our room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. We stayed in the main hotel section. After speaking with some of the staff, the hotel had recently changed hands and the new owners are working really hard to renovate the hotel. Since the hotel is not completely renovated yet, that might account for some of the negative reviews.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent. They offered eggs and sausage, as well as the normal continental breakfast items. The shuttle service was excellent as well. Chip was our driver, and bent over backwards to accommodate everyone.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick966
Management response:Responded August 11, 2013

We would like to thank you for your review and comments. It is good to hear that our shuttle driver did an excellent job with accommodating the needs of our guest, as well as the rest of our staff. We are glad to hear that your room was just the way you wanted, and you enjoyed our new deluxe continental breakfast. We are continuing with our renovations all in a timely manner, and we do hope you continue to keep us in mind for your future visits.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am completely appalled at the room at this hotel. First of all, they show a picture of the hotel that is a newer part. This was not the room we got. There was an area that was very old and out dated on the side not even attached to the new part. The room was musty, smelled of smoke but posted nonsmoking room, The floor was dirty, the bathroom facilities had a paper stating it was clean yet when I lifted the toilet seat it looked like an outhouse it was disgusting!!! The sheets were dirty and when I asked for clean ones they were very thin. They did not even offer to come change the sheets. I had to call to get them to come clean the bathroom. When I went to complain about the room and it was not as advertised they only said "sorry". I was not offered anything else saying "they were sold out". I planned this based on other reviews which it was obvious those persons did not get a room like we had. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! I traveled six hours and had no choice since it was so late. We didn't even stay the night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bjtalorlongpre
Patrick L, Manager at Cherokee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were very disappointed with our visit. We were given an adequate room on our first night and then woken up early the next morning and made to leave the room we booked for the weekend and given a dirty, musty smelling, out dated room. The staff was unapologetic and blamed the booking mistake on hotels.com. The room was so disgusting we left that day and drove home. They did not comp us or give us our money back. There are much nicer places to stay, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leisha W

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Cost was $89 for the room, room smelled old and musty, dirty towels in rooms, signs clearly state no smoking, however there were burns on sink, mold in bathroom, stain on sheets, spider in bathroom. If it wasn't midnight and I didn't have the super sleepy kids, I would have left. Not sure how they got good reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank S1977

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent one night here on our Blue Ridge trip and really enjoyed our room. It was spacious, very clean and neat, and very comfortable beds. We stayed in the lower section and it's only a few steps from the main hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple