“Not worth the rate we paid”

Cherokee Grand Hotel
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our experience was so different than the other reviews, we could have been staying at a totally different property. Stayed one night prior to starting out on a hiking trip. Room had a musty smell noticeable as soon as the door was opened. There were cobwebs with small spiders in them above one of our double beds. The room just had that "hadn't been really cleaned in a while" look. In room coffee pot didn't work and after a little investigation, found mold which was probably the cause. Yes, the location is right across the street from the casino, so if that's important to you, this is the place for you. However, for the price I booked the room from the website Hotels.com, I expected more. Sorry, I really wanted to like this small, themed motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank cathyd
Lisa B, Manager at Cherokee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. We are currently under new ownership and management, with that said the kinks are being worked out. We understand it is not an excuse. If there is anyway to get your business back in the future please contact the hotel directly. We are going to fix the issues stated and would love to see you again!
Thanks

There are newer reviews for Cherokee Grand Hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff was great they were very friendly and helpful. They gave us discounts which made it easier for us to stay longer. We had rooms on the second floor. It was quite and relaxing. They took us to the casino and when we were ready to go back to the room they picked us up. the rooms were very clean and comfortable .(great pillows) !!! I didn't know that they had a pool, but it might not have been open at the time we were there. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianna K
Reviewed August 30, 2012

When planning a trip to the Cherokee area, I chose this family-owned hotel due to the great reviews by previous clients here on Trip Advisor...and, thank goodness I took their advice!! This motel is perfect in almost every way--great rooms which are sparkling clean, a perfect size, equipped with all of the "extras" (a microwave and large mini-fridge, iron, hair dryer, etc.), and updated nicely, a front desk and housekeeping staff who definately aims to please, and a super location right in the middle of the Smokies area. We usually take at least 3-5 trips per year and, I must say, this is the finest experience we have had at any hotel in numerous differing locations in the last 3 years!! The staff of this motel are too special for appropriate adjetives...polite, helpful, welcoming, and constantly offering to assist guests with directions, extra towels, suggestions on local attractions and dining, and just a simple "How was your day?" as you stroll to the elevator!! The rooms are tastefully decorated and were perfectly cleaned daily. Each housecleaning staff member I saw did not fail to say, "If I can get you anything else, please let me know!!"--and they meant it!! The only improvement I could suggest would be an ice machine on each floor and a more varied breakfast...nothing more!! This is a very special motel and we SHALL RETURN!! Harrah's, in all of it's size and granduer, has NOTHING on The Inn of The Seven Clans...Believe me!! Thanks, Inn Staff....You made our trip to the Cherokee area so very special!! We enjoyed our stay...and you're all great!!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the rear mountainside...a beautiful view which provided a sunny room until nigh...
1  Thank ACH1956
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Staff was tremendous...everything was perfect...we'll be back..the location is close to all important places of interests..the room was exactly what we wanted...very very pleased! ! We were extremely pleased with the price, room accommodations and outstanding front desk staff. Thank you for a super stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank joegivemeapalmtree
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful as usual. Rooms clean and comfortable. Super fast check-in. Shuttle service running every half hour up till 3 AM to the casino which is more accomadating then the last time we stayed. Will stay with them again next time we come for an overnight stay to Cherokee

Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the minute I made our reservation to the time we checked out this afternoon we were totally satisfied! BTW..check out is NooN!! The customer service was friendly and accomidating in ever way. Everyone was always smiling and eger to please! Our room was very clean and had it's own fridge and microwave. We requested a King bed w/ no smoking and were given a room by the pool. Not in the hotel. It was spacious and well kept. So we chose this inn by the reviews and the name that stands out the most is "Chip". Chip gave us his # and was available for pick-up and drop off anytime to the casino, it didn't matter what time it was. His laugh is contagous! He totally deserves all the great reviews listed! When we go back we will plan our stay at the Inn of the Seven Clans! Great family operated buisness!

Room Tip: For couple's I would reccomend the lodge area outside of the hotel. It is a totally different f...
1  Thank CRnMR
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times now over the last couple of years. I would highly recommend this motel. The guy who checked us in is the same one who checked us in the first time, to me that says something for this hotel if their staff stick around that long. My room was clean and comfortable, the carpet could have used a cleaning but I am super picky about carpet in motels. This last stay I was by myself and felt safe. Had no problem reaching staff when I had a question. Loved the fridge in the room at this price. Staff apologized for the the shuttle bus being broken, it had broken down the night before my arrival but that wasn't a problem for me. I am sure it has been replaced or fixed by now. Really don't think I've ever met friendlier staff. That makes a big difference and shows pride in their motel. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo