“Not One Complaint!”

Cherokee Grand Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had the fortunate experience of staying here in June of 2011. My mother and I, along with my 5 year old daughter, stayed here for 2 nights. The room was exceptionally clean, the decor was fabulous and fit with the theme of the location, staff were always helpful and friendly and the shuttle service to the casino was wonderful. The van was of a recent model and always clean and the driver was super friendly. The rest of the facility was clean along with the lovely little pool. I honestly cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel. I was thoroughly impressed and couldn't have asked for a better rate for the room. If you don't wish to deal with the busy casino, then please opt to stay here for cheaper and utilize the casino shuttle service. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Lovesgrace

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We took a rather large group to Cherokee, and we stayed at the Inn of the Seven Clans. We had three rooms that were all clean and in pretty good condition. The driver of the shuttle was very helpful and was more than willing to pretty much drive us anywhere really and never charged us once. They were even considerate enough to come pick us up after the shuttle had stop running for the night. We had no problem getting extra towels as long as you catch a housekeeper with her cart out. And yes with a lot of people staying at the hotel we did get a little out of control and the fine folks were very friendly and understanding when it came to noise complaints from other customers. The biggest problem I had with the place was the door slammed every time you closed it unless you paying attention. I will return to this establishment and would recommend it to any of you that read this. Very well priced compared to other hotels in the area around the casino.

Room Tip: fourth floor=cool floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Joshua R
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here everyone was sooo nice and friendly.and when our room key didnt work.when we arrived they where very apologetic and courteous about the situation. chip the shuttle driver was very helpful and gave us a little insight into the history of the land and native american way of life and he even stopped by the store on the way back from the casino so we could get a few snacks. I would most definitely stay here again and recommend to everyone i know!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jameliabigby
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Wonderful staff very clean hotel great service felt like we where at home wonderful rates and lots of great decor in the hotel

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank jeclark49
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Gracious - I cant even believe that the happy travelers listed below even stayed at the same motel that we did. Synopsis of our visit goes like this - checked in at 7:30 PM and the check-in worker, who was EXTREMELY rude to my husband, took my husbands cash payment for the stay but also charged our credit card that we had listed (we discovered that the next day). Had same remote/tv problems as others have listed but we were there to go to the casino so no worries. Woke several times during our nights sleep to a bothering,itching sensation. In the morning I pulled back the covers to find a bedbug feasting on me as I slept. We then pulled back the bed and bedding. Disgusting dirt that had not been cleaned in months behind/between beds. Found no more bedbugs crawling but mattress and mattress cover were all covered everywhere with pee colored stains. I freaked out! They asked me to meet management in the upstairs hallway. While reporting my find to the maintenance guy they had asked to talk to me - I was then verbally berated by a woman in a nightgown, in the doorway of a neighboring room, who said she lives there and said that she was the General Manager (which it turns out that she was not). They discounted our $105 that we paid for our stay and made a lot of really lame excuses and also implied that bed bugs are "not that big of a deal". I am worried that we will have brought bedbugs back to our home. A fun night away from home turned into the nightmare from hell. Now I am off to find someone with a deep freezer that they will allow me to put my bedbug luggage and purse into to decontaminate it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank LazyDaisy12
Seven C, General Manager at Cherokee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Once our hotel staff was made aware of the situation, we immediately sent our Chief Engineer to inspect the room and clarify the situation at hand. I appologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. A complete refund has been issued to as a courtesy to you for your bad experience. This situation does not occur on a daily basis at our hotel. As you can see from the other reviews, the major of our guest are happy and feel like family. A complete inspection of the room showed no indicators of bed bugs on the mattress, bed boards, pictures frames, etc. Speaking from 12 years experience in the hotel industry and indepth training on bed bugs, the room does not have bed bugs. Professional inspection of the room also confirmed no presence of bed bugs in the room. Please rest assured you were not exposed to bed bug infested room....Best wishes and please accept our appolgy for bad experience at our hotel.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

What a plesant surprise! Had to go to Cherokee for a conference and this was one of our options for motel. I wasn't expecting much, but the new owners have really made a difference!
The rooms are comfy and clean. The staff struggled to keep up with the flow to the conference, but they adapted and did their best to handle the flow of a bunch of folks checking in at the same time. They have some issues to work out, but overall a great experience. The evening shuttle guy was a fantastic asset! Chip want out of his way to make sure we got to where we needed to be and was fun to talk with. They really went out of their way to accomodate a bunch of folks that needed to be at Harrah's for a conference. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family recently stayed here for a short trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and elevator were also very clean. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to hosting you and your family next time you visit the Cherokee area.