Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Park Rd.
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
$127
$116
$89
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Pool
$339
$259
  • Room Service
All reviewsgranola barsgrab and goclean roomsfront deskcoffee potgreat customer servicethree nightsfree wifia great staykitchenettetoastermattressaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in a standard room, which was booked through Hotwire. The hotel is set back from the road, so it felt like a very safe area, with no through traffic. The main street near the hotel was very busy, and there was everything from a hospital to a Chipotle within about a mile of the hotel, so the location was great.

The staff of the hotel were all very friendly, and the common areas were nice and well maintained. The room was a pretty standard extended stay room, with one bed, a recliner, a dinette with a chair, and a desk with a chair. The kitchen had a full fridge, two burner stove top and a host of cabinets, but did not have an oven or dishes in the room (a sign said they are available upon request from the desk - I did go request some glasses, and it was no issue to get them immediately). Breakfast is included in the room rate, but is limited to muffins, granola bars, fresh fruit, oatmeal packets and hot drinks.

Overall, I had no concerns with anything about this hotel, and would gladly stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Made a reserveration 2 weeks in advance for a non-smoking room. At check-in (8:00 pm) was informed there was not one available. No recourse offered by staff at the desk. As I am asthmatic, needless to say - this was not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Its nice if you have no other pace to go, In this case me and my fiancé had to stay at this extended stay< they never had a sign up saying you can only have 1 or2 granolas a piece of fruit> it says none of that so I called corporate and they said we could have all we wanted. we paid for two weeks with our two dogs.They are rude and disrespectful I would never stay again.

Room Tip: we had the deluxe which is a two bedroom suite. it gives u space if needed
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashlyn s
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Overall I was very pleased with my stay there in 2013. Checked out in December, returned in January. Long term pricing went up a few dollars mid-month.

Wanted to add comments regarding recent staff changes. Apparently the manager was transfered to another property, several of the staff also transfered. One of the newer staff told me that corporate was making this a "training" property. When I inquired about one of my favorite front desk people, was told they "were no longer with Extended Stay". Sorry to hear that.

Noticed multiple visits by what I believe was corporate management the last few months. The new desk staff were very friendly and helpful, though obviously less polished or knowledgable. One or two perhaps a little too casual, observed them "hanging out" with guests during what I presume was their break. Was also told by a new staff member that they were "no longer providing dishes and silverware" (?) - maybe they are still available upon request, but that wasn't explained.

I must add that I am a fanatic about customer service. I will go out of my way to praise a great customer service attitude, even if things aren't all perfect. One evening I overheard a new (inexperienced) front desk person complaining out loud (in front of check-in guests) about being left on their own when expecting a lot of check-ins. Not a good first impression to the guests standing there.

They did not put out enough salt on the front walk during the recent ice/snow storms.

Housekeeping was very good but not perfect. I could tell the difference between the regular person and when someone different did my room. Housekeepers also did not move personal items on flat surfaces, and I watched dust collect behind the TV during the months I was there.

3rd floor had both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Not a problem for me, but going from elevator to my non-smoking room I had to pass (and could smell) smoking rooms.

Broken card reader on back door took several months to get fixed. Repairs to laundry machines also seemed to take a long time.

In summary, I'd recommend this Hotel for a long term stay at a great price and location. A strong 4 1/2. I realize that change by its nature is disruptive - hopefully my recent observations are temporary bumps in the road. I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor, away from the freeway at the back of the property. If you are staying short-term, stop down the street at the I-Hop for one of those travelers hotel coupon books - there is usually a coupon in it for this property.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our stay at this really nice inn was great! The facility was immaculate with everything working and in it;s place. We slept well and enjoyed the amenities provided. Our only point of agitation was the loudness of the bathroom fan (One switch controlled the light and fan). came on .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple