“Arrived Late-Quickly In Room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Arrived Late-Quickly In Room”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Arrived late.Around 11PM.Given warm chocolate chip cookies & sent to our room.Room was clean.Had a small microwave & refrigerator,desk,& 2 queen beds.Told free breakfast would be served from 6:30 am through morning,but we were leaving at 5:30 am..we were on a Priceline rate and treated very well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Where to start.before I got there my GF called to make sure I Could check in without her there.They said no problem and left a note on the reservation stating that guest with credit card would arrive later. When I checked in, they made me pay cash. We where there for a wedding and the whole wedding party was staying at the Doubletree. The first night we hung out by the pool and waited for everyone to arrive. The bar normally closed at 11 but they offered to stay open until 1:00. My friend and his girlfriend arrived around 1:00 and they came and hung out by the pool. They left their luggage in the car and would get it later. They walked out to the front of the hotel where their car was parked and found all their stuff was gone. From their jewelery to wedding clothes to shoes and checkbooks, gone! They called the cops and attempted to reach the hotel manager. They were told that the manager was sleeping and could not be disturbed. The cop arrived with a poor attitude and pointed to a sign posted to the hotel that said do kotbleave valuables in car; hotel is not responsible. When seeing our shocked faces, he said " you don't have robberies in New York? " My friends had to go to the mall the next morning to buy clothes and shoes to wear to the wedding. We went down to breakfast at the hotel and found a buffet style continental breakfast. After filling our plates and sitting down, a waitress appeared and informed us it was 11.95 per person. Feeling decieved but not wanting to make a big deal, we agreed to pay. She took our drink orders and came back. She poured my friend a glass of orange juice from a pitcher and a fly appeared floating at the top of the glass. The waitress said "oh it was in the glass" and offered a new clean glass. We finished eating and paid our bill. Later on we found out that the buffet was supposed to be complimentary as part of the wedding rate the bride and groom arranged with the hotel. We were supposed to have decieved coupons upon check in. Only two out of 12 rooms recieved these. The hotel was pretty empty and we were the majority of the guests, you think they would have asked or informed us. After the wedding, everone went back to the hotel for the after party. This was prearranged with hotel and they even kept bar open later. (normal operating hours being 4pm to 11pm). We were asked by security guard several times to keep it down so we moved inside the hotel bar area. Later on, we went back to the "bridal suite" to hang out with the newly weds. Right outside the door entrance, was a suspiscious large dark stain. We joked around that it looked like a blood stain, but the more we looked at it the more suspicious it seemed. The following morning we checked out. My girlfriend saw thehousekkrping cart in the hallway and took a sample size bottle of lotion. The housekeeper came from around the corner and yelled down the hallway " do you need something ma'am?" my girlfriend replied that she just neededotion and took a bottle. The housekeeper cursed under her breath and gave my girlfriend a dirty look. The radio in our room was nailed to the table and our screen sliding door was broken. Upon check in, one of the employees warned my friend about leaving stuff in their car. If only everyone had recieved the simar warning and courtesy. When asked why they didn't have video surveillance, they stated they didn't want to be redpondibleif something happened in the adjacent hotel parking lots. It's safe to say that you are safer not staying at the Doubletree Charlotte Airport Hotel. On the up side, they did have complimentary coffee and tea inthe morning with a nice selection of Tazo teas. This made everything slightly easier to swallow.

• Stayed September 2010
SHALLOTTE
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Good quality stay, no issues, quiet, clean rooms. Would stay there again if I have a meeting in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
DoubletreeCharlotte, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and will look froward to seeing you again soon!
North Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I arrived at this hotel from the airport and it was so close! Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and inviting. Big, warm cookie at check-in – yes please! I got a wonderful corner room with courtyard views. The courtyard and all the surrounding grounds were just beautiful. It made me feel very relaxed. And yet the location couldn’t be more convenient. It was just minutes from everything, including downtown Charlotte, off of Billy Graham Parkway. The bed was very comfy and the room was spacious. The ergonomic chair came in handy while conducting work. I also thought the vanity area was awesome, with lots of space and beautiful counter tops. I’m a girl though … Now as far as food, I would have to say the dinner was exceptional (I got some steak) and the cafe had a nice, quaint atmosphere. The lights were dimmed and it was easy to have a nice dinner, alone. The waiter was very courteous and quick with refilling my water. All in all, the experience was great. The breakfast buffet the next morning had everything you could need. Delicious.

The rates were great, the staff was courteous, the surroundings were beautiful yet convenient, and the food was great. Definitely give them a shot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and service. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I agree with some of the other reviewers that this is a good value. I personally received good service here--nothing exceptional, but nothing bad. My room was "ok"--but the air conditioner was VERY VERY noisy. I would have to adjust the TV volume every time the air conditioner came on or off. For a Doubletree, this hotel seems poorly constructed (room was very noisy--was disturbed by the sound of plumbing from above and on each side of my room. Was also disturbed by guests in the hallways and the noise of doors closing...much louder than in other similar hotels). I was very surprised at the cramped entryway and the ho-hum lobby; not what I have experienced before with this brand. Also...very surprised that there are no automatic doors at this hotel...shocking, actually. Getting in and out with luggage is difficult for every guest. The food was "ok" at best...several menu items were not presented as described on the menu. The bar is a complete rip-off; $8 each for a Guinness can and $8 each for decidedly sub-par margaritas (tiny margaritas!) really, really left me with a lingering distaste for my entire experience at this hotel. Also...was not happy with the daily charge for internet access--very sluggish access at that. I guess this was a good value, but by the time you add the inflated drink prices and internet fees, I could have stayed somewhere much nicer for less money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel accommodations. We appreciate both the compliments and criticisms. We are reviewing your suggestions with our management team to see what we can do to overcome these issues and better serve you in the future. Please feel feel free to contact a member of our sales or management team for your future reservation so we can personally assist you with your needs.
CA
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I used Priceline and got a room here for $50 ($65 with taxes/fees) while staying overnight in Charlotte. This place is a DUMP! $125 normal price for a room? Are you kidding me? There's a reason they accept the $50 bid. They are barely worth that. I had found a nice place for $75 on Orbitz but tried Priceline instead because of good luck in the past. Unfortunately, I got this place. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and thought, crap. They were right. This hotel is way outta the way from the airport, and there is nothing nearby - no stores, restaurants, etc. The hotel is really old and in a state of disarray, and it smells bad. The lady at the desk was nice at first. She asked if I wanted two beds or a king and I told her I had already called days earlier to request a king nonsmoking. Obviously, I had not been reserved one like I was told on the phone. When I was going to my room, I passed a huge disaster in the hallway where water was dripping from the ceiling into a bucket on the floor surrounding by caution signs. I went down the "nonsmoking" hallway, which reeked of smoke. I got to my room and tried both keys and they didn't work. I had to go all the way back to the front desk with all my stuff in tow. I told the lady the hallway reeked of smoke and she acted surprised. I told her it wasn't from someone just passing through smoking. She told me that was the nonsmoking floor, but I could tell the smoking was ingrained in the walls and carpet. I mentioned I had read online that someone got a nonsmoking room and it smelled like smoke, and then found out the rooms used to be smoking. I told the lady I was allergic to smoke and the rooms better not be smoky, and she would neither confirm nor deny they used to be smoking rooms. She said people weren't supposed to smoke in them, but if they do, they can't do anything about it. Wait a minute. What??? She redid the keys and I went back to the room. I got there and the room was indeed smoky. I went to adjust the a/c unit ( an older by the window deal) and the knobs were missing! I had taken off my shoes though, and as i stepped to the unit, my socks were suddenly soaked with water. The carpet was completely drenched in front of the unit. I called the front desk and told her about the missing knobs and she sarcastically remarked that "that's because the control is on the wall" and then I told her about the wet carpet, and she said I would have to come back to the front desk to be given a new room. So I went all the way back with my stuff and I told her it was smoky and she said nothing but was now rude. She gave me a new room. I went to that one and it wasn't as bad smoky-wise, so I said ok. I was too tired to complain, and there were not any other options. The room was old and the furniture was odd - really a mishmash of stuff. Kinda like when you decorate a room with stuff you collected through the years that doesn't really go together. The cable signal for the tv was awful as well. The only thing comfortable was the bed. I inquired about a hot tub and the lady said they had removed the hot tub 2 years ago. HUH???? This place sucked in my opinion. I would never stay here again. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank misterburns
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry that you experience what not was expected. Unfortunately there are some things that we can not overcome, such as our location to the airport and city center attractions, but you other comments have been reviewed with our team and we are researching ways to improve the issues you addressed. Thank you.
Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Great Hotel and super clean rooms and comfy beds. Got a great nights sleep. The only problem we had was when I went out to our vehicle the next morning, our van had been broken into. When I went back into the hotel, the front desk acted like this is a usual occurence. They told me I could call the police and gave me the number. That's it! When being asked by the police if there was security or security camera's the answer was "not on weekends, only on weekdays" Are you kidding? Got a great rate on Priceline and the cookies were great! However, if you are on your way to the ocean or elsewhere, take everything out of your vehicle and put it in your room if you want it with you. I would also highly suggest just leaving your vehicle unlocked and maybe even just leave the window down. That way nothing gets broke like the door lock or window.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family