“great for travelers”

Ranked #64 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, SC
“great for travelers”
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Stayed there for 1 night back in November 2006. This is a perfect hotel if you are traveling from out of town & are catching an early flight...Tip - you can leave your car at the hotel and catch the shuttle to/from. This will save you some $ & time -you'll be dropped off at your airline terminal (and avoid having to cart your luggage through the long term parking lots!!!!!)

The staff at the hotel were very friendly. The rooms were clean & comfortable. We enjoyed a few drinks down in the bar . There is also sports bar/grill not far from the hotel. Looking forward to staying there again next time I travel.

• Liked — location to airport
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mooky217

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed January 22, 2007

Booked the hotel through priceline, stayed Jan 13th through 20th, 2007 and I have absolutely no complaints...ok just one, they only give out those GREAT cookies at check in and I had a real difficult time getting reception on my cell phone. I was there with a co-worker (rms. 107 and 109) and let me just tell you how excited we were at the size and comfort of the beds and rooms. CLEAN!!! Great Services by everyone, very friendly. We never had room service or ate at the hotel restaurant, but the food always smelled great. Flat screen tvs!!!, big clean restrooms. The fitness center is ok, two treadmills, only 1 worked the week I was there, 1 elliptical, 3 bikes and 3 stairmasters...it'll do and a separate room with free weights. It's adequate for a quick run if the weather is bad outside. Hotel is in a good location, easy to find and easy to maneuver to downtown.

• Liked — The bed!!!
  • Disliked — Cell phone reception
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank zerimar007
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 17, 2007

I actually phoned the hotel toll free # to book the reservation. I like to stay in a hotel that I know will consistantly have nice beds and comfortable bedding. I had nothing but a pleasant experience the entire stay. I had a 2 room suite at the end of the hall and it was a very quiet room. The room it self was immaculate. The bathroom was beautiful. Granite countertops with furniture style vanity. Both the bedroom and the LR had large flat panel screens. Room included a small fridge and microwave. We booked the hotel to have a romantic getaway and it was absolutely the best decision I could have made. I will go there again and again and again. The hotel van drivers were wonderful. The front desk staff were very nice. We were checked in quickly and given our cookies and 2 bottles of water. And the room had 2 more complimentary bottles of water. We could not have been more comfortable had we been in a high dollar hotel. Room was $89 + taxes.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank steelflying
North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2006

I've stayed at many other hotels at this level(2-3 stars), but this one was probably the worst so far with the overdelayed and poor service.The moment we entered the hotel lobby, we noticed the messy floor renovations. I thought I saw a post about the renovation being completed but apparently it was not. We requested a non-smoking King room, but could definitely smell the strong smoke from the room. The overall decor was okay, except that the TV was rather small with black tape all over and the radiator looked very old. One of the lights in the room made a annoying noise when it was on. Being a Wyndham ByRequest member, we were supposed to have our choice of drink and snack prepared in the room but there was nothing. So I called the guest services to get this fixed. After making 4 more calls and waiting for 4+ hours, the front desk staff who checked us in finally came in with the lukewarm beer and a small bag of nuts. We couldn't blame the front desk staff though b/c obviously the hotel was understaffed and she was the only one carrying out all the requests.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank cygnus07
WIlson NC
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I booked this hotel for $45 for a Saturday night through Priceline. When I read some of the reviews I was a little concerned, but I was very relieved when I arrived. The hotel had no double rooms left, so they gave us a n/s king for $45! The hotel has just under gone renovations and is super nice. Our room was next to the ice machine/ vending room, but I never heard any noise coming from the area. I did however hear my rude neighbors at 12am, and front desk was on it once someone notified them. There is no free breakfast here, but several restaurants within a few miles. I was less than 10 miles from Carowinds, and close to the airport, so all was easy access. I recommend this place to anyone interested in a good night's sleep. Very clean, quiet and nice staff.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank kmfleet
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We stayed here for 1 night on our way home from a southern vacation in May, 2006 and boy was it a mistake! From the minute we arrived it was not a good experience. The hotel entrance outside was under construction and all blocked off so we had to go around the construction to get in the hotel. The people at the desk were not too friendly. The elevator we got in to go to our floor was very run down and dirty inside. The room itself was all the way across the other side of the hotel. The room was terrible! The rug was dirty, the room was smelling like smoke (even though it was supposed to be non-smoking), the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom had minimal lighting over the sink and none over the shower area. The sink itself had all cracks in it and it looked like it should be replaced. We would not recommend this place for anyone!! Maybe the hotel is better now - it seemed like they were in the midst of remodeling or something but it was terrible. The worst place we ever stayed in!!!

1 Thank mrsblue