“No disappointments. Beautiful, immaculate, confortable in every way!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #62 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, NC
“No disappointments. Beautiful, immaculate, confortable in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2007

I actually phoned the hotel toll free # to book the reservation. I like to stay in a hotel that I know will consistantly have nice beds and comfortable bedding. I had nothing but a pleasant experience the entire stay. I had a 2 room suite at the end of the hall and it was a very quiet room. The room it self was immaculate. The bathroom was beautiful. Granite countertops with furniture style vanity. Both the bedroom and the LR had large flat panel screens. Room included a small fridge and microwave. We booked the hotel to have a romantic getaway and it was absolutely the best decision I could have made. I will go there again and again and again. The hotel van drivers were wonderful. The front desk staff were very nice. We were checked in quickly and given our cookies and 2 bottles of water. And the room had 2 more complimentary bottles of water. We could not have been more comfortable had we been in a high dollar hotel. Room was $89 + taxes.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank steelflying

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2006

I've stayed at many other hotels at this level(2-3 stars), but this one was probably the worst so far with the overdelayed and poor service.The moment we entered the hotel lobby, we noticed the messy floor renovations. I thought I saw a post about the renovation being completed but apparently it was not. We requested a non-smoking King room, but could definitely smell the strong smoke from the room. The overall decor was okay, except that the TV was rather small with black tape all over and the radiator looked very old. One of the lights in the room made a annoying noise when it was on. Being a Wyndham ByRequest member, we were supposed to have our choice of drink and snack prepared in the room but there was nothing. So I called the guest services to get this fixed. After making 4 more calls and waiting for 4+ hours, the front desk staff who checked us in finally came in with the lukewarm beer and a small bag of nuts. We couldn't blame the front desk staff though b/c obviously the hotel was understaffed and she was the only one carrying out all the requests.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cygnus07
WIlson NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2006

I booked this hotel for $45 for a Saturday night through Priceline. When I read some of the reviews I was a little concerned, but I was very relieved when I arrived. The hotel had no double rooms left, so they gave us a n/s king for $45! The hotel has just under gone renovations and is super nice. Our room was next to the ice machine/ vending room, but I never heard any noise coming from the area. I did however hear my rude neighbors at 12am, and front desk was on it once someone notified them. There is no free breakfast here, but several restaurants within a few miles. I was less than 10 miles from Carowinds, and close to the airport, so all was easy access. I recommend this place to anyone interested in a good night's sleep. Very clean, quiet and nice staff.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank kmfleet
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

We stayed here for 1 night on our way home from a southern vacation in May, 2006 and boy was it a mistake! From the minute we arrived it was not a good experience. The hotel entrance outside was under construction and all blocked off so we had to go around the construction to get in the hotel. The people at the desk were not too friendly. The elevator we got in to go to our floor was very run down and dirty inside. The room itself was all the way across the other side of the hotel. The room was terrible! The rug was dirty, the room was smelling like smoke (even though it was supposed to be non-smoking), the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom had minimal lighting over the sink and none over the shower area. The sink itself had all cracks in it and it looked like it should be replaced. We would not recommend this place for anyone!! Maybe the hotel is better now - it seemed like they were in the midst of remodeling or something but it was terrible. The worst place we ever stayed in!!!

1 Thank mrsblue