“Great Priceline Deal!”

Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Priceline Deal!”
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Booked for $50 on Priceline for a stay on the way home from Disney. It was a great stay. The rooms were beautiful and the bed was comfy. The cookies were great. The staff was very friendly. The bath was roomy and clean. The only issue I had was since I was traveling, it's not very convenient to the interstate. Our mapquest directions weren't very good (they didn't tell us which way to turn when taking the exit) so I recommend calling ahead of time. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingMoMo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Booked this hotel through Priceline for a one night stay--what a bargain! Check in was fast and pleasant, cookies were fresh and warm, room was clean, beds were comfortable and it was super quiet. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — Beautiful clean rooms and convenience to the airport
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This hotel is located close to the Charlotte Airport and a complimentary shuttle runs between the two sites 24 hours a day. The shuttle also services the nearby Harris Convention Center on the hour. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant 3 times and found the buffet to be good. There are no restaurants located within walking distance other than the restaurant in another hotel across the street. There are numerous eating places located within 2-4 miles on Tyvola Road as long as you have a car to get there with. The hotel has a pool, conference rooms and banquet facilities. The hotel is quiet even though the airport is nearby. Check in and check out was painless and efficient and the Doubletree cookie was available on check in. There is in room internet but the charge is $10 per 24 hours. There is also complimentary internet in the business center. It is a good travel hotel but for variety in eating you must have a car!

• Liked — Location near the airport and Harris Conference Center
  • Disliked — Wish there were eating places within walking distance
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I booked the room through Priceline for $60/night (2 nights) and after reading the reviews, was a bit nervous about how our stay would go. Check-in was easy and the front desk person, Sharon, was very helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is located near many restaurants and malls. We stayed here during race weekend at Lowe's and had no problems whatsoever getting to Concord and back.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Having to pay for internet service.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
SC
Reviewed May 1, 2008

The hotel was very nice. Check in was easy and the rooms were comfortable. I almost always stay in the Hilton chain of hotels and very rarely have had any problems, but there was a slight exception with this one. I chose this location, because I was flying out of CLT early in the morning and I could park and fly from the doubletree. The problem I had was a security issue. Our shuttle was at 4:30am. When we went to the lobby to catch it, there were other guests there dealing with car break ins. Four cars had been broken into during the night. From what we heard, this is not a unusual occurance at this property. The lot is fairly well lit and the cars that were broken into were under lights and torwards the front of the lot. The staff said they believe the break ins happened between 7-8pm, but they didn't call the police until 1am. Then, they didn't alert the owners until 3am. There were no security cameras, only a large sign when walking in from the parking lot telling you to not leave any valuables in your car. One of the groups whose suv was broken into had left all there luggage in the car b/c they were catching a very early flight. They lost everything and had to cancel their overseas trip. Granted, they shouldn't have left bags in their car, they should have been able to trust that a upscale hotel would have a monitored parking lot. The staff did not seem helpful or at all empathetic. I was really worried about leaving my car there, after that, but made sure to make it obvious that nothing was in it for someone to bother trying to steal. So, basically, the building was fine, the parking lot was not.

• Liked — location, rooms
  • Disliked — security
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miababyt
California
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This hotel is a nightmare. I've had the misfortune of staying here twice in the last several days, as I booked through Priceline and couldn't change my second reservation.

Reservation #1: Arrived at the hotel at 12:30am only to be told that the hotel was oversold and there "might" be a room at a nearby Hilton. First words out of the clerk's mouth were "when you booked the reservation today..." Uh, no, I had booked weeks in advance. Normally when hotels are oversold, they put you up at a different hotel at their expense. Not this place -- I was told I was on my own to find a place in the middle of the night and could later request a refund from Priceline. Miraculously, they "found" a room for me at the Doubletree when I pitched a fit and would not back down.

Reservation #2: No problems with securing a room, however I am typing this from the hotel at 3:30AM because I can't sleep thanks to the loud party across the hall. I have complained twice to the front desk, which promised to send someone up to resolve the issue. Since I can hear everything, I'm fairly confident in stating that no one has been sent up here.

The service at this hotel is appalling. To add insult to injury, I did not receive my chocolate chip cookie at either check-in.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank CaliforniaBrucefan
Indianapolis
Reviewed March 25, 2008

While this was a very nice, clean, beautiful hotel. Upon checking in we received coupons for cookies that we're suppose to be available upon check-in. They were out of cookies. We had reserved our room well in advance, so it is not like we were an unexpected guest. Hotel was very quiet, 99% of staff was very friendly and helpful. However, when returning to the hotel one night after midnight we found the doors to be locked. Nobody had mentioned anything to us about how to get in. To make a long story short, the woman who was at the front desk on third shift on this night, was so EXTREMELY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL, that I will never, ever give my money to another Hilton hotel. Sad that one person can completely ruin an otherwise wonderful stay, I also think it is a shame that they would have someone with such nonexistent customer service skills to be working with the public.

• Liked — The extremely comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Extrememly rude front desk woman on third shift
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends