“Beautiful, clean hotel worth the price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #66 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Denver, United States
“Beautiful, clean hotel worth the price”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I will stay here again. The hotel looks new, modern and the staff is beyond professional. The room appeared to be clean beyond my expectations and the furnishing s were luxurious. For $120, I would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Dawn W,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your positive comments regarding our hotel. It is our desire to exceed each guest's expectations and we are pleased that we were able to do so. Thanks again and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Charlotte. Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed here many times before or after traveling from/to Charlotte Douglas Airport. They will pick you up in their shuttle van quickly and very pleasantly. I have even left my car there before a stay and then stayed there after a trip. The suites are large and very comfortable. From the outside, it doesn't look like much but don't judge a book by its cover.
The breakfast is cooked to order or there is a buffet which is nice too. On my most recent stay the airline delayed my baggage and they had a nice survival kit for my overnight stay with full size toiletries.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded from a room to a suite if you are Hilton Honors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear PLC55,

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and the feedback that you offered. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you in the near future. Thanks again.
Foxborough MA, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Staff were friendly, helpful & gracious. Room was quiet with respect to outside noise but room heater blower noise necessitated turning up the volume on the TV to a level that concerned me that I would disturb others. Perhaps a room set up that put the lounge chair away from the room heater would obviate this issue. Overall a fine experience, my last business trip as I am retiring!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Gary,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your wonderful comments and suggestions. We appreciate when a guest can offer suggestions to make stays more enjoyable.
Happy Retirement!
Orlando, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This location is one that I stay at for business, and it was perfect as well for our trip to CLT for the ACC Championship game. Staff was very friendly, room was nice, and met several other FSU fans which made the stay extra special

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Phyllis D,
Thank you for staying with us over the ACC and during other times on business. We certainly appreciate loyal customers like your and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Have a great holiday and we hope to see you in the new year!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip. Conveniently 10 minutes away from the airport. While picking me up from the airport on a Friday night I was told the shuttle would take 15 minutes, however ended up taking almost half an hour to arrive. However the driver (young man with black hair and glasses) seemed nice. When I arrived at the hotel the woman wearing glasses was very nice and helpful. I had forgotten my tooth brush at home so she gave me one along with some water and the complimentary Doubletree cookie (which I absolutely love!!) One thing that bothered me was that when I made my reservations over the phone they told me it would be $274 for the 2 nights, when I arrived that Friday night the woman with the glasses told me $360!!! At that moment I almost had a panic attack because I had planned out all my expenses prior to arriving, I was very upset but did not make a scene, thankfully she was very sincere, explained all the fees, and helped me out a bit.

My room was very well put together however I found quite a few stains on my sheets and the mattress. The coffee maker was dirty so I decided not to use it, I addressed it to the man at the front desk and he said they'd replace it. Instead I got free coffee from the kitchen. This may sound funny but the cookies they give out are really really good! I must have had 5 in total my entire stay, I might even just stay at Doubletree hotels just for the cookie! lol. The breakfast buffet was good except its $14 so take advantage.

The lobby decor is beautiful, had a warm Christmas vibe to it. Loved the red and white couch next to the Christmas tree, whoever designed it needs to give me some tips! Oh and thank you to the house keepers who cleaned and maintained my room while I was away. Wish I could of used the pool but it was cold while I was in Charlotte. Majority of the staff was nice, especially the woman at the front desk lobby while I checked out. No attitudes, all very nice and helpful. My only complaints were a stain in the bath towel, and stains on the mattress and bed sheets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kristin U,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share them with our team. We appreciate your business and hope that our cookies will bring you back time and time again. Happy Holidays!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I utilized this hotel en route to Costa Rica for an overnight layover. The shuttle service is a bit sketchy (in that it takes a while for pickup and you HAVE to call), but I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and they especially take care of their Hilton HHonors members. The bar is overpriced, but the complimentary breakfast was great. A reasonably priced option that is really good for the overnight stay for shower, sleep, and food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SouthernAZTraveler
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Southern AZ Traveler,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your kind comments. Our shuttle service typically runs every half hour, but we ask people to call to try to eliminate long waits at the airport. I apolgoize if there was confusion in this area. I am pleased that once you arrived at the hotel, you received the services and amenities that exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for your comments.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel was fine, but their fire alarm went off while sleeping. Of course the fire security system is extremely important, however it was a false alarm and made for a miserable and traumatic wake-up. I would expect a gesture from the hotel such as a complementary night, a discount, free breakfast or some free Hilton Honors points. But the hotel would offer nothing. Leaves a bad taste and no interest to return to a hotel that doesn't respect its customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Joshua O
Dear Joshua O,
Thank you for staying at our hotel during your visit to our area. I certainly apologize that the fire alarm did go off during your stay, however, I am pleased that is was not an actual fire. I know this can be very frustating and frightening. Again, our sincerest apology and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.