“Terrible housekeeping”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel on 10/2/2013 and the room smelled musty. Upon inspection we found mold in the cabinets of the bathroom vanity. I wipe a lot of it and gave it to the front desk. There were a couple of other items that also indicated poor housekeeping in the room, and hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Ron E,
Thank you for your recent stay at our property and for allowing us to serve you as our guest. We do appreciate your comments and feedback and will share them with our team so that we can continue to improve upon the service and product that we share with our guests. Thanks again and we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Sharon is Doubletree of Charlotte as evidenced by her Southern Hospitality. She makes you feel welcome and at home. She is wonderful!!!! The hotel was clean and was beautiful. You are treated as if you are the only guest there. Transportation to and from the airport was scheduled and was on time with no waiting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear PJM,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. I certainly will share your thoughts with our team and we do hope that you will visit again in the near future!
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful. They did have an issue with their fire alarms but that was a technical glitch and could happen anywhere. All in all it was what I have come to expect from the DoubleTree hotel in Charlotte, NC. When I return for business there again I will be staying there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Chris M,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel during your recent business trip to Charlotte. We are pleased that your found our property clean and our staff friendly and helpful. We are also thrilled that you will visit us again on your next trip to Charlotte. Thanks again and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We flew cross country and had several stops along the way. Needless to say, with a long trip and time difference, we were tired when we reached this hotel. However, from the first people at the front desk, to the outstanding waitress in the hotel restaurant, we were treated exceptionally well. We arrived hungry and with only fifteen minutes left and no one else wanting food, we weren't expecting much. Our waitress treated us kindly, quickly, and even offered us a dessert not on the menu! Needless to say, she was given a nice tip! The room was more than spacious and quiet and we have NO complaints, only praise. When you fly into Charlotte, stay here. We will the next time we visit family.

Room Tip: Higher floor seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jane C,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and team. We certainly try to provide service that will be pleasing to our guests, and I am happy that we were successful. I will share your comments with our food and beverage team as well as all employees of the hotel. Thanks again and happy travels!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived Charlotte Airport 1:00pm and was finally checked in at the hotel 4:51pm due to lack of concern of hotel Sales Mgr. who was manning the reception desk that day. Called hotel immediately upon arrival at airport and spoke to reception who told me a shuttle would be on the way. After one hour called back to reception to only hear the phone ring 20 times, after that I quit counting rings. Called back again after 15 minutes and the phone was answered only to inform me the person on the desk had people in front of him and hung up. When I did get to the hotel I was checked in by reception given a room. Had dinner at the hotel and found it very good and quite reasonable. Room was good but had to call down to front desk for items listed on my profile which were not in the room. Bed was ok, and room was comfortable. Made early check out for an early flight.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jere J,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting your honest comments regarding your stay. I am disappointed that our staff fell short in several areas and I do apologize as it is always our desire to exceed your expectations. We do use comments such as yours as a training tool to help us improve upon our service so again, thank you.
We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel when in Charlotte, NC visiting a sick friend. The hotel is nice, clean and has a friendly staff. The cookies they offer at check-in are warm and delicious. My only negative comment is they don't offer free internet to its guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear 99 Harley Rider,
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit in Charlotte. We are pleased that you found our hotel clean and that our staff was friendly. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when we evaluate our pricing strategies. Thanks again and we hope to serve you in the near future!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived here with no reservation, and was greeted by a very professional front desk staff. They checked me in very quickly, and made sure I immediately recieved my bottles of water (Hilton Hhonors member) and fresh warm cookie. I think the staff could tell I had just been through a really interesting day, so they also added in a nights free internet access for me. I found my room to be very clean, comfortable. The front desk called my room about 20 minutes latter to see if I was happy, and to ask if I needed anything. After A shower, and starting to feel human again, I went to the restaurant. A gentleman who was obviously the chef, was walking by my table, and stopped to ask if I needed anything, at which point I took his reccomendation regarding dinner. Fabulous! These folks made my day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dale H,
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our staff. We certainly understand how difficult and tiring travel can be so I am pleased that your found a comfortable resting place at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff as they always like to know when we have exceeded expectations. Thanks again.