“Fly In, Enjoy Your Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Cloverdale, California
“Fly In, Enjoy Your Stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We flew cross country and had several stops along the way. Needless to say, with a long trip and time difference, we were tired when we reached this hotel. However, from the first people at the front desk, to the outstanding waitress in the hotel restaurant, we were treated exceptionally well. We arrived hungry and with only fifteen minutes left and no one else wanting food, we weren't expecting much. Our waitress treated us kindly, quickly, and even offered us a dessert not on the menu! Needless to say, she was given a nice tip! The room was more than spacious and quiet and we have NO complaints, only praise. When you fly into Charlotte, stay here. We will the next time we visit family.

Room Tip: Higher floor seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Jane C,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and team. We certainly try to provide service that will be pleasing to our guests, and I am happy that we were successful. I will share your comments with our food and beverage team as well as all employees of the hotel. Thanks again and happy travels!
Karen Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived Charlotte Airport 1:00pm and was finally checked in at the hotel 4:51pm due to lack of concern of hotel Sales Mgr. who was manning the reception desk that day. Called hotel immediately upon arrival at airport and spoke to reception who told me a shuttle would be on the way. After one hour called back to reception to only hear the phone ring 20 times, after that I quit counting rings. Called back again after 15 minutes and the phone was answered only to inform me the person on the desk had people in front of him and hung up. When I did get to the hotel I was checked in by reception given a room. Had dinner at the hotel and found it very good and quite reasonable. Room was good but had to call down to front desk for items listed on my profile which were not in the room. Bed was ok, and room was comfortable. Made early check out for an early flight.

Dear Jere J,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting your honest comments regarding your stay. I am disappointed that our staff fell short in several areas and I do apologize as it is always our desire to exceed your expectations. We do use comments such as yours as a training tool to help us improve upon our service so again, thank you.
We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Maryland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel when in Charlotte, NC visiting a sick friend. The hotel is nice, clean and has a friendly staff. The cookies they offer at check-in are warm and delicious. My only negative comment is they don't offer free internet to its guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear 99 Harley Rider,
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit in Charlotte. We are pleased that you found our hotel clean and that our staff was friendly. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when we evaluate our pricing strategies. Thanks again and we hope to serve you in the near future!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived here with no reservation, and was greeted by a very professional front desk staff. They checked me in very quickly, and made sure I immediately recieved my bottles of water (Hilton Hhonors member) and fresh warm cookie. I think the staff could tell I had just been through a really interesting day, so they also added in a nights free internet access for me. I found my room to be very clean, comfortable. The front desk called my room about 20 minutes latter to see if I was happy, and to ask if I needed anything. After A shower, and starting to feel human again, I went to the restaurant. A gentleman who was obviously the chef, was walking by my table, and stopped to ask if I needed anything, at which point I took his reccomendation regarding dinner. Fabulous! These folks made my day.

Dear Dale H,
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our staff. We certainly understand how difficult and tiring travel can be so I am pleased that your found a comfortable resting place at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff as they always like to know when we have exceeded expectations. Thanks again.
Pompano Beach, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you like to be close to the airport, but also close (4 miles) to some good restaurant, this is the place. Nice room, clean, comfortable, nice staff, decent complimentary breakfast, very good value for the price. Several pilots and fly attendants choose this hotel. Yes there is some noise; you are next to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Alfonso M,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and are pleased that you found our location convenient, good food, clean rooms and friendly staff. I will certainly share your positive comments with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future!
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travel to CLT frequently for business and have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month. The first time I stayed out of curiosity and the second only because neither Homewood Suites or Hampton was available. This hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly, the cookies are great, and it's conveniently located for airport access. The building layout is circular with a small outdoor courtyard pool and work out room. The problem I have is the "cost" to "value" ratio. Wine or beer is about $8 a glass and breakfast is $13. The Hampton is $20 cheaper and offers all the same amenities, including indoor pool, manager's reception, beer, wine, and breakfast for FREE. Bottom line is hotel is nice and offers a good overall experience, but is not my first choice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Ron S K,
Thank you for your past two stays and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate all the positive comments regarding our hotel, and are pleased that you find our hotel and services to your liking. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when we are evaluating our pricing strategies in areas such as food and beverage and internet. We do appreciate your Hilton loyalty and hope that you will continue to visit our brand. Thanks again.
Los Angeles, Californie, États-Unis
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times and will come back again. The rooms are large, current decor and soft goods, clean and very convenience to the airport. Food services are good quality and reasonably prices, especially for a hotel. It is always a great value.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for visitng our property several times. We appreciate loyal customers like yourself and are pleased that you continue to return time and time again. We are happy that you enjoy the amenities of the hotel and we appreciate you letting us know. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the near future.