“Friend visit”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #63 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel when in Charlotte, NC visiting a sick friend. The hotel is nice, clean and has a friendly staff. The cookies they offer at check-in are warm and delicious. My only negative comment is they don't offer free internet to its guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear 99 Harley Rider,
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit in Charlotte. We are pleased that you found our hotel clean and that our staff was friendly. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when we evaluate our pricing strategies. Thanks again and we hope to serve you in the near future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived here with no reservation, and was greeted by a very professional front desk staff. They checked me in very quickly, and made sure I immediately recieved my bottles of water (Hilton Hhonors member) and fresh warm cookie. I think the staff could tell I had just been through a really interesting day, so they also added in a nights free internet access for me. I found my room to be very clean, comfortable. The front desk called my room about 20 minutes latter to see if I was happy, and to ask if I needed anything. After A shower, and starting to feel human again, I went to the restaurant. A gentleman who was obviously the chef, was walking by my table, and stopped to ask if I needed anything, at which point I took his reccomendation regarding dinner. Fabulous! These folks made my day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Dale H,
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our staff. We certainly understand how difficult and tiring travel can be so I am pleased that your found a comfortable resting place at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff as they always like to know when we have exceeded expectations. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you like to be close to the airport, but also close (4 miles) to some good restaurant, this is the place. Nice room, clean, comfortable, nice staff, decent complimentary breakfast, very good value for the price. Several pilots and fly attendants choose this hotel. Yes there is some noise; you are next to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Alfonso M,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and are pleased that you found our location convenient, good food, clean rooms and friendly staff. I will certainly share your positive comments with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travel to CLT frequently for business and have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month. The first time I stayed out of curiosity and the second only because neither Homewood Suites or Hampton was available. This hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly, the cookies are great, and it's conveniently located for airport access. The building layout is circular with a small outdoor courtyard pool and work out room. The problem I have is the "cost" to "value" ratio. Wine or beer is about $8 a glass and breakfast is $13. The Hampton is $20 cheaper and offers all the same amenities, including indoor pool, manager's reception, beer, wine, and breakfast for FREE. Bottom line is hotel is nice and offers a good overall experience, but is not my first choice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Ron S K,
Thank you for your past two stays and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate all the positive comments regarding our hotel, and are pleased that you find our hotel and services to your liking. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when we are evaluating our pricing strategies in areas such as food and beverage and internet. We do appreciate your Hilton loyalty and hope that you will continue to visit our brand. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times and will come back again. The rooms are large, current decor and soft goods, clean and very convenience to the airport. Food services are good quality and reasonably prices, especially for a hotel. It is always a great value.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for visitng our property several times. We appreciate loyal customers like yourself and are pleased that you continue to return time and time again. We are happy that you enjoy the amenities of the hotel and we appreciate you letting us know. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you need to a place to stay cause your flight was cancelled/missed - this would be a place to stay, if you get by 9pm. You will have a chance to get a bite to eat. Never seen pool or any other parts of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cornelius B,
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also our food and beverage outlets. We hope to be able to serve you again if your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel that caters to business travelers and perhaps Airline employees for overnight stays. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly. If you are a family looking for free wifi or breakfast, this hotel isn't for you, because they know business travelers will expense those costs. We stayed 2 nights and got a good price on priceline. If I was making reservations I would probably try some place geared toward couples or families. One negative (at least for me) is we stayed Saturday and Sunday night. We were gone from about 9am until 3pm on Sunday and when we returned the room had not been made up. Housekeeping finally showed up about 5pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hate2stayhome,
Thank you so much for visiting our property on your recent visit to Charlotte. We appreciate the positive remarks and will pass them along to our staff. In an effort to keep our room rates as competitive as possible, we are constanting reviewing which amenities to offer complimentary and which to charge for, and surveys such as yours, are taken into consideration when making these decisions. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.