“Not a great business hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #66 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Glenburnie
“Not a great business hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Hate when you are at the bar and they don't change the snacks in the bowl as patrons leave and others join yucky! My profile says feather free but of course I have feathers. No lunch what is with that. Horrible breakfast buffet, went down at 9 and just a bit of eggs and no bacon. Then went to meetings back at 1:30 and hungry but all is closed until 5. Had to ask for room to be cleaned at 2. I really don't like those air con blowing from the window level. Hotel smells very musty. Staff is nice but scratching this place off my list as a Hilton Diamond member. Power went out and not one staff member bothered to comment while many were in the lobby!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mamo64,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are sorry that we did not provide the high quality of services that you derserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experierence a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was delayed in Charlotte overnight because I missed my connecting flight. The Hilton customer service line as well as hotel staff were extreemely helpful to get me a hotel room and shuttle from/to the airport. The hotel was clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sara H,
We are pleased that we were able to make something as frustrating as missing a connecting flight, into something positive for you. Travel can sometimes be difficult and we are pleased that our staff made that a little easier for you. Thanks again for your stay and for your comments. We hope to see you again under better circumstances.
Lynchburg
Reviewed July 7, 2013

When we arrived, we were not given what we paid for and requested. The staff seemed a little rude. Once we got to our room, it smelled of dampness. Come to find out, the AC unit had leaked all over the carpet. When I went to report the incident to the staff, te front desk lady was rude. She moved us to one room over and still didn't grant us our request! As a Hilton member, I expect better. Te front desk lady made the statement that whomever gets to the hotel last could have that room!! How rude. Won't stay here ever again.

Should have known when I read someone else's review about how poor this hotel was. I'm not one to be knit-picky but this one serves itself up with disaster.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Quest Rider,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for expressing y our thoughts and opinions. I apologize that we did not have your request available upon arrival and the inconveniences you experienced while here. I will certainly address your concerns with the appropriate departments and appreciate your honesty. Thanks again.
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It's a standard business hotel. Clean and spacious rooms. We also used the conference room facilities for business meetings. We were well attended to by the staff. Close to airport and has shuttle, so if you are visiting local businesses you can save up on car rentals.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dinish 1973,
Thank you for your recent visit for your business conference. We are pleased that you found our hotel condusive to business use and that your meeting was well serviced. We hope that you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to the Queen City.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a standard hotel - nothing special. The workout room is small with three treadmills and two bikes plus some free weights but at least a little bigger than in most discount hotels. The fitness center overlooks the pool, so you aren't staring at the walls, which is a plus. The hotel has conference rooms and a restaurant. It is convenient to the airport and businesses but not near many restaurants.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear JPE54354,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We are continually making improvements and we use surveys such as yours to gauge what areas we need to concentrate on. We hope you enjoy the summer and that your travels bring you back to Charlotte.
USA
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in June of 2013. I was greeted by two ladies working the front desk, both of them looked extremely preoccupied and very busy. They checked me in very fast and provided me with a bottle of water.
My room was on the 5th Floor and was in pretty bad shape, the wall paper was coming off in several locations in my room, and carpet looked worn and dirty. The bed as in good shape and was comfortable to sleep in.
Returning to the hotel the next night, front desk greeted me and said welcome back, even though they were preoccupied the night before they still remembered I was a guest at the hotel.
I did eat at the onsite restaurant and was not impressed at all. I had to find my own seat and was never greeted by anyone, food was ok, if I stayed here again, I would not eat at the restaurant.
Over all the hotel stay was nice, I think the hotel needs to invest some money into new wallpapering and carpeting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chargers Rule,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to relay your opinions regarding our property. I am pleased that our front desk team welcomed you back. We are making continual renovation improvements and we will use your suggestions for future improvements.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again.
Hamden
Reviewed June 18, 2013

First I was met by the shuttle driver with an iced bottle of water that he kept in a cooler in the van for tired & thirsty travellers. As I was exhausted, hot & thirsty I was very grateful. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and pleasant and the menu selections in the in-house restaurant were varied, tasty, and reasonably priced. The pool looked inviting but due to the inclement weather (hail the size of golfballs!) I was unable to take advantage of this amenity.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the airport side as I could hear the planes landing & taking off but it wa...