“Nice hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #63 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was in a great location and very close to the airport. As usual, good hotel with comfortable beds. Front desk agent was nice, white lady that worked around 7:00 pm on a Tuesday. Van full of flight attendants just walked in and she took care of everyone very quickly. The A/C our room was very loud, only bad thing about the room. Would recommend to anyone staying near the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Kishan1982,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel during your recent trip to Charlotte. We do agree that we have a very convenient location, near the airport, uptown Charlotte and within walking distance of many restaurants. I do apologize for a noisy AC unit and we will be having our maintenance staff make adjustments to the units. Thanks again for being our guests and if your travels bring you back to Charlotte, we hope that we will be your first choice for accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent service, clean room, and welcoming staff. The breakfast food could have been much better and was not hot enough. Otherwise, great hotel!! The hotel is located in a very convenient area, as well.

Dear Ramius44,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for writing such nice comments. We strive to have friendly service and a clean facility and it was wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations in those areas. We will share your positive comments with our team. We were sorry to hear that the breakfast was not up to your standards and by knowing this, we can implement some changes to improve our temperature of food. Thanks again for staying at our property and we hope to see you in the near future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in previous double tree hotels, so I was expecting a nice modern hotel. This was just plain.

To be fair, from the entrance you can see the pool and garden towards the back of the hotel. I guess the lobby and receptions are were ok and just like any other hotel. The cookie is always a plus but the staff didnt even indicate where the elevators were (not even after we looked confused where to go). After we asked, there was only one elevator on each side of the building.

The room was spacious, but the lighting was very poor even thought it had like 5 lamps in the room. The decord was bland and dark. The remote control was disgusting. I had to grab a face cloth and wipe it - I didn't want to get sick with all this flu going around.

The hotel didnt wow me which I was very disappointed because I typically have a nice time in double tree hotels. Especially when they are newly renovated.

The hotel is close to the airport and the shuttle is available on demand. Also across the street are other hotels and some food shops.

• Stayed January 2013
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear CecibelB,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and we will address our staff in regards to the other issues you mentioned. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you'll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements. Thanks again.
north myrtle beach, SC
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Winter weather kept me in Charlotte for the night, but I got a room at this hotel and found it to be surprisingly good. Front desk staff are very friendly, rooms are comfortable and quiet, and room service is tasty and reasonable in price. My only complaint is that when I asked for a cabernet at the bar, they didn't offer options--just gave me the most expensive, a $10 a glass wine. Shuttle to the airport was quick and convenient. So...if you happen to find yourself near CLT and need a good place to stay, I'd recommend the Doubletree. Obviously, it was too cold to use the pool area, but it looked well-landscaped and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Jimatthebeach,
I am sorry to hear that the weather did not cooperate with your travel plans but happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel when you were not able to get home. I will certainly pass along your compliments to our front desk and food and beverage teams. We always enjoy hear ing that our service is friendly and our food is delicious. I will certainly pass along your recommendation regarding wine choices. Thanks again for your visit and I hope you were able to get home safely.
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lacking in many ways. It's obvious some renovations have been made, but overall it's shameful to be named a Doubletree. First impressions: the pickup time at he airport was insane. I was advised the driver would pick me up between the A & B section of baggage pick-up in 15 minutes. I actually had to wait 45 minutes in the freezing cold as the pickup location was not visible from inside. I later discovered that two people were so tired of waiting they took a cab. I observed the Hampton Inn, Homewood, and discount hotels make several pickups in the time I waited. Once the shuttle did arrive I had to walk to the D section to meet the shuttle. The other passengers had similar concerns about their wait times. Upon arrival, the hotel appears old and small. The entrance is anything but grand or welcoming. The check-in process was great but the elevators are few and generally speaking they are a ways from the common areas. The farmhouse Doubletree cookie was burnt and not edible. The rooms are not well maintained. The wall paper is tore or peeling in several places (see photos). There was several areas that had not been cleaned, even a large cob web near the celling. The room was dark and the main lamp was unplugged. The shower head was not functions correctly and the shower head leaked. The AC & heat unit in the room did not function well at all. It was always hot or cold, but never comfortable. I did eat at the restaurant and was surprised at how slow the service was. Almost an hour for a sandwich to come from the kitchen. The in-room menu is old and several of the drink options are no longer available at the bar.

I've stayed at the Hampton-Inn & Homewood suites in this same area. I recommend those much more than this location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brandon M,
Thank you for your recent stay at our property and for notifying us of some issues that you had during your stay. I would like to apologize for the confusion at the airport when you arrived. Unfortunately, due to the snow storm, there were many flights that were cancelled and although we ran 2 shuttles continously throughout the night, it was difficult to keep us with the weather related delays and cancellations. I also would like to apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues in your guest room. Please know that these areas have been addressed with both our executive housekeeper and maintenance engineer. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to be able to serve you again in the near future so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations our regular guests have come to expect and enjoy.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week as it's close to one of our clients. The rooms desperately need a refreshing- the wallpaper is peeling, the carpet shows wear, the furniture is a bit banged up and the bathroom was scruffy. The positives is that there is plenty of parking and the morning breakfast buffet was well appointed. I may opt to book elsewhere on my next business trip.

Dear ATLGIRL06,
Thank you for staying at our hotel while doing business in Charlotte. As a management team, we utilize information such as yours as a means to improve upon our hotel. As you might have noticed, we are making improvements to the condition of our property and carpeting is an area that has just recently been completed. We are also expecting some additonal in room improvements to be made in the upcoming year. On a positive note, we are thrilled that you found our breakfast to exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will give us another try when working in the area again and I hope to meet you on a future trip to Charlotte.
Wayzata, Minnesota
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Looks great on the outside, breakfast and food were good, but watch out for the noisy hallways, and thin walls. I had rain both nights, and a drip that kept falling on a tin roof outside my window, drip , drip ,drip all night long. Every time it would rain , it would wake me up, and nearly suffocated under three pillows.
Other than that, the beds were super comfy, food was good... and great staff made the difference.

AND to their credit -- when I recorded the annoying drip sound on video and showed it to the manager, they credited my whole stay ! Nice move!

Room Tip: Don't get the room near the elevator, put a towel over the 2' gap under your door to minimiz...