“Great hotel for airport travel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, SC
“Great hotel for airport travel”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here in early June 2012 to pick my daughter up from the Charlotte airport late at night. At check-in, you are given fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. They are fantastic! The staff are friendly and quickly arranged for a late night shuttle to take me to the airport. The nice shuttle driver waited outside for us for fifteen minutes! What a stress reliever!
The rooms were very nice, the counters are granite, and there are many comfortable, fluffy pillows. The room seemed quite modern.
What I really like is that there is a restaurant, lounge, pool at the hotel. All of which were very nice. The food from the restaurant is ok, the appetizers are quite tasty. I recommend the crab cakes and the potato soup :). There is a breakfast buffet that you pay for, and it is extensive...custom omelets, waffles, fence toast, pancakes...
The online prices for this hotel are very reasonable, but remember that you need to pay for breakfast, and internet if needed.
I saw a conference going on, those great cookies were served, with some pastries, and various drinks. Conference room looked quite large and tasteful.
There are some shops and restaurants within walking distance.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the many conveniences offered.

Room Tip: Bottom floor towards the back was great (room 120)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eastcoastannie34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Doubletree near the airport several times and have always felt it was a top notch property with first class service. The breakfast buffet is always great, fresh, and has so much to offer. the entire staff at this hotel truly understands what great customer service is.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I happened to find this place after my flight was diverted to Charlotte and I was so pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The price was right. The check in staff was gracious and fantastic and my room was 100% fine. it was clean, and comfortable and spacious and the bed was very nice. I was in a bit of a tough position that night and I'm lucky to have stumbled upon a place nearby that turned out to be more than "just fine."

Very friendly staff. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Bonsai35,
Thank you so much for taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that your found our hotel staff very friendly and the hotel clean and comfortable. We do take pride in our service and I will certainly pass along your comments to our team. We hope that if you find yourself in Charlotte again, we will be your first choice of hotel accommodations. Thanks again for your feedback!
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I love Doubletree Hotels and I always look for them in any city. This one had all the conveniences of the others minus free Internet. I called the desk to ind out why it wasn't working and was informed it would be an extra $9.99 a day. I refused to pay that since I had already paid plenty for the room! I will never stay at this one again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ro256
Dear Ro256,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel over the many choices for accommdations in Charlotte. I am pleased that you found that we offer all the conveniences that guests appreciate when traveling. I do apologize if our staff did not inform you that internet is complimentary in the lobby, poolside and also in the restaurant and lounge. We will be starting a renovation consisting of replacing carpeting in public area corridors and guest rooms, as well as in our meeting rooms. We will also be renovating our lobby, as well as our restaurant and lounge. I do hope that the next time you are in Charlotte, you will visit us again to see what improvements have been made. Thanks again. Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Advice: Always call ahead to see if the peoperty has been through the Hilton renovation. This one has not and lacked many of the amenities of lower priced options. My flight was delayed so the snack bar was my only option for food. What a joke! I'm Diamond with Hilton and thinking about switching to Marriott after too many suprise properties like this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 36GRANT
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and I apologize that your stay at our property was not satisfactory.

We have just been approved by DoubleTree for our renovation which will include public areas, restaurant and lounge, as well as guest rooms and corridors. This work will begin in the next several months and should be completed in the 3rd quarter.

We do have a restaurant that is open from 6am until 11 pm, serving breakfast lunch and dinner on weekdays and opening one hour later on Saturday and Sunday. In addition to our restaurant, we do have 7 different restaurants within walking distance.

We do hope that you will return in the future so that you can experience the upgrades to our property. Thanks again for your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon.
Windsor, California
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, very good food for a hotel restaurant. Clean and quiet. Good rates.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear longingforord,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff friendly and our food delicious! We hope that the next time you are in Charlotte, you will allow us to be of service to you.
Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager
Greenville, SC
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous of how my stay would be. However, my stay was fantastic. Every employee I encountered was helpful and very friendly. The hotel is an older property so the lobby and bar area are not quite as up to date as you would want for the price, but are extremely clean and comfortable. You can tell by the doors and elevators that the property is older, but my room was very clean and had absolutely no complaints about it. The bathroom was updated, the furnishings were very nice, and my bed was extremely comfortable. I had no problems with it. I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and we had two breakfasts and lunches catered by the hotel and all were quite tasty. I could not find a single complaint during my stay. This is a great hotel for business travelers. For the age of the hotel, I might expect the prices to be a little lower to compete with some of the newer properties, but otherwise I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Michael T,

Thank you so much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you found our hotel friendly and welcoming!

Please know that we are in the process of updating several areas of the hotel that you mentioned, including the lobby, lounge, restaurant and public hallways. We will also be replacing carpeting as well as some of the furniture in our guest rooms. This will all be completed in 2012 and will offer the fresh look that is inviting to guests.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the near future!