“One of the best!!!!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Doubletree near the airport several times and have always felt it was a top notch property with first class service. The breakfast buffet is always great, fresh, and has so much to offer. the entire staff at this hotel truly understands what great customer service is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I happened to find this place after my flight was diverted to Charlotte and I was so pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The price was right. The check in staff was gracious and fantastic and my room was 100% fine. it was clean, and comfortable and spacious and the bed was very nice. I was in a bit of a tough position that night and I'm lucky to have stumbled upon a place nearby that turned out to be more than "just fine."

Very friendly staff. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Bonsai35,
Thank you so much for taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that your found our hotel staff very friendly and the hotel clean and comfortable. We do take pride in our service and I will certainly pass along your comments to our team. We hope that if you find yourself in Charlotte again, we will be your first choice of hotel accommodations. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I love Doubletree Hotels and I always look for them in any city. This one had all the conveniences of the others minus free Internet. I called the desk to ind out why it wasn't working and was informed it would be an extra $9.99 a day. I refused to pay that since I had already paid plenty for the room! I will never stay at this one again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ro256

Dear Ro256,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel over the many choices for accommdations in Charlotte. I am pleased that you found that we offer all the conveniences that guests appreciate when traveling. I do apologize if our staff did not inform you that internet is complimentary in the lobby, poolside and also in the restaurant and lounge. We will be starting a renovation consisting of replacing carpeting in public area corridors and guest rooms, as well as in our meeting rooms. We will also be renovating our lobby, as well as our restaurant and lounge. I do hope that the next time you are in Charlotte, you will visit us again to see what improvements have been made. Thanks again. Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Advice: Always call ahead to see if the peoperty has been through the Hilton renovation. This one has not and lacked many of the amenities of lower priced options. My flight was delayed so the snack bar was my only option for food. What a joke! I'm Diamond with Hilton and thinking about switching to Marriott after too many suprise properties like this.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 36GRANT
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and I apologize that your stay at our property was not satisfactory.

We have just been approved by DoubleTree for our renovation which will include public areas, restaurant and lounge, as well as guest rooms and corridors. This work will begin in the next several months and should be completed in the 3rd quarter.

We do have a restaurant that is open from 6am until 11 pm, serving breakfast lunch and dinner on weekdays and opening one hour later on Saturday and Sunday. In addition to our restaurant, we do have 7 different restaurants within walking distance.

We do hope that you will return in the future so that you can experience the upgrades to our property. Thanks again for your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, very good food for a hotel restaurant. Clean and quiet. Good rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear longingforord,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff friendly and our food delicious! We hope that the next time you are in Charlotte, you will allow us to be of service to you.
Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous of how my stay would be. However, my stay was fantastic. Every employee I encountered was helpful and very friendly. The hotel is an older property so the lobby and bar area are not quite as up to date as you would want for the price, but are extremely clean and comfortable. You can tell by the doors and elevators that the property is older, but my room was very clean and had absolutely no complaints about it. The bathroom was updated, the furnishings were very nice, and my bed was extremely comfortable. I had no problems with it. I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and we had two breakfasts and lunches catered by the hotel and all were quite tasty. I could not find a single complaint during my stay. This is a great hotel for business travelers. For the age of the hotel, I might expect the prices to be a little lower to compete with some of the newer properties, but otherwise I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Michael T,

Thank you so much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you found our hotel friendly and welcoming!

Please know that we are in the process of updating several areas of the hotel that you mentioned, including the lobby, lounge, restaurant and public hallways. We will also be replacing carpeting as well as some of the furniture in our guest rooms. This will all be completed in 2012 and will offer the fresh look that is inviting to guests.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Doubletree Hotel near the airport in Charlotte is a very reasonably priced hotel for the business travel or for the tourist who needs a nice place to stay for the night. The front desk staff are very helpful, the rooms are updated with great linens and beds, there is a nice lounge, and good workout facility.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear CaryTravler,

Thank you so much for posting comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the positive feedback and are happy that you found our hotel to be welcoming and friendly. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte, we will be your first choice for accommodations.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.