“Zero customer service”

Ranked #142 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, North Carolina
“Zero customer service”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I hate I had to give this hotel a terrible rating, but it didn't give me the option of going any lower. When we walked in the door, we were never even greeted. Not only that it still took 10-15 minutes to get a room key. There were two people behind the desk and they were both busy supervising each other do NOTHING! The customer service sucked to say the most. It got worse from there. Our room was never cleaned and god forbid walk out of the room and expect your key to work again. It said free breakfast...What a joke. The lady tending the breakfast room stood there as she talked about the burnt waffle on the iron but did nothing about it. This place wrote the book on everything not to do in the hospitalitly industry. What a joke!!! Call it quits!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Super 8 Charlotte University, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
On the behalf of management of the hotel we extremely apologize for not meeting your expectation. We have addressed issues with all the department and taking necessary steps to fix the issues. Waffle machine was down and it has been replaced. We offer all the great amenities with lowest rate possible. To all our future guest please do not have negative impression about our hotel. We have always score 95 and above in cleaning and customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Max Meadows
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not much, but cheap. The room was very worn out looking. It did have a old microwave and frig. Not sure if they worked. Don't expect much and you wont be dispointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelerJohnW
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Me n my Husband are Truckers n got stuck in Charlotte for the weekend,we usually stay in Red Roof Hotels but the one we went in by the Super 8,the guy was very rude n wanted to charge us 79.99 a night cuz of some Race goin in eventhough we told him we jus needed to rest for the weekend,so we walked over to the Super 8 and te guy at the front desk was very nice,n eventhough he was supposed to charge a little extra for the Race he said he wasn't gonna do us like that cuz we weren't on vacation lol!! He charged us 51.74 tax included so we were happy! Pretty much u get what u pay for! They had a washer n dryer so we could do our clothes n they were located next to stores n great places to eat! We'd stay again if we got stuck,for 50.00 bucks it was nice n the bed n pillows were VERY COMFTERABLE!!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Marcnmia
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My first room had a broken switch on one of the three table lamps, and no other light sources. This was taken care of quickly. Then noticed that the flush handle was broken off the toilet, and that the tank was empty. Very nice front desk lady offered me another room--much bigger too. Moved into this to note that the A/C did not work. Third room had a lamp plugged into an outlet that was dead, so I plugged it into the power strip that already had a small fridge, microwave, and TV plugged into it. More band-aids needed in this place! Of course, I chose it for the price, but didn't expect it to be this bad...

Room Tip: Don't unpack until you check that everything you care about is in working order.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Susan A
We are extremely sorry not meeting your expectation. We have done major renovation since last year and keep improving our property and service. Since we had minor issue with you stay we did upgrade your stay to Suite without any extra charge. We do take customer satisfaction very seriously. Thank you for understanding.
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I'm 56 years old and I've NEVER seen the likes of this motel.Our first clue should have been the lobby however being tired after a long day on the road we decided to take it.The hall had an awfull odor and then we entered the room ,just plain DIRTY,the chair was Badly stained,filthy bathroom,cigarette burns on the bed sheets,used fork and knife in the dresser drawer,two dim light bulbs under a couple of cracked lamp shades and the internet did not work.The couple we were travelling with had the room next to us which was even worst,their airconditionning unit was being held together with duct tape and the fridge was not working ( they needed to store insulin in a fridge).I did not feel safe there. NEVER .If I had to rate this dump I'd give it a -10

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank paulette g
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were pleasently suprised and had a great time at the Super 8 Charlotte University site. There were a few little flaws but overall, the room was comfortable,clean and neat, the staff was excellent and the location was safe. We booked 3 rooms, one of our party arrived a few days before us, and she was well taken care of. My niece 25 says " I felt like I was in someones house and I was comfortable."

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The only good thing about this hotel was that it was close to the highway. They also had vending machines, that had certain items in it like ice cream, for my son to eat. The downside to this hotel, they only had 1 washer and 1 dryer! There were bugs (yes, all types including roaches) in my room. The hallway felt like a sauna. The toilet seat looked like it was taken from a gas station bathroom. No, I'm sorry...I'm not going to insult the gas station bathrooms like that! But needless to say, the toilet was nasty! There were cigarette burns/holes in the sheets and the blankets. I had to sleep with the lights on to make sure that I wouldn't wake up with bugs all over me. The air conditioner (along with the old 1970's TV and remote) had missing pieces to it. The tub was nasty and scraped up. I had to lay a towel down to keep my skin from making contact. The breakfast that was served contained warm OJ and apple juice, infant size muffins and the pastry had hair on it! There were two guys that STAYED in front of the hotel like it was a homeless shelter along with a white van! And it wasn't a delivery van! It gave a new meaning to the word HOE- TEL! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family