“hotel nearby airport and easy to go in to town”

Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Den Haag
“hotel nearby airport and easy to go in to town”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here for a few days, because we had a wedding in Charlotte. We have chosen this hotel, for the price, easy to go by light rail up town in to
Charlotte and close to the airport and highways.

The Best Western is a nice hotel for few days. They are very friendly, it's nice to have breakfast in the hotel, allthough it is not very special, the rooms a clean and comfortable, a big bathroom , free internet in the reception and free airport transfers.
Across the street just 2 minutes from the hotel you will find the light rail to go to the centre of Charlotte.

There are a few restaurants across the street (carolina prima and 5min by car Villa Antonio) but there is not much to do around the hotel. If you want more entertainment you could better stay in the centre of charlotte.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed Mid-week here and was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive this hotel was. King room with fridge and microwave was only $63 after all taxes.

This hotel is not perfect though. So if you want the Ritz then this location of Best Western is not for you.

I was in Charlotte for a job interview and all I wanted was a clean comfortable room that was quiet. I got all three.

The room was slightly musty as if unused for a while but once the air conditioning was on the smell went away. As for the air conditioning it is the old through the wall style where the fan runs constantly. I personally like this type as it provides white noise to cover up people walking and talking in the halls, and reduce or eliminate parking lot noise.

Hotel staff was polite and helpful allowing me to check in at 11am to get ready for my interview. When I took a shower the next morning the tub drained slowly. When I notified the front desk they got right on it.

The breakfast the next morning was ok. The sausage and biscuits were obviously getting cold already at 7:30am, however they had make your own pancakes, fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee, tea, boiled eggs, and assorted cereals both hot and cold, along with the standard pastries.

The work out room is not something that probably gets used a lot. The equipment except for the stair machine looks like the same stuff most people have at home that they pile laundry on. They had an ab lounger straight off late night TV commercials. They have complimentary passes to Golds Gym but I was pushed for time.

Remember in the under $70 a night hotels you rarely get one with rooms this nice.

Do yourself a favor and if you just want a nice clean room at a decent price give this one a try.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gpphelps
Bolton, CT
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My mom & I were driving from CT to FL. Charlotte was a half way point.

This place was great. Right off the highway. Lots of restaurants near by. Staff was friendly. Bed was comfortable. Towels soft. My mom loved the pastries. Great price. I can go on & on.

The only bad thing I have to say...you can hear everything that is going on in the hallway. There was a huge gap at the bottom of the door.

• Stayed March 2010
Newnan
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Needed a place to overnight in Charlotte before going to an interview at the airport. Upon arriving at the hotel (interrupted the clerks dinner) the elevator was not working. The maintenance guy had to lead me around upstairs and open the second level door for me. Got to my room and the room key wouldn't work. Luckily the maintenance guy was still at the elevator trying to figure out why it wasn't working and let me in my room. Pleasantly surprised with the room, no funky smell and the room was clean. Walls weren't thin. Bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. After I got settled in, I drove around to find something to eat (within walking distance to hotel are Bojangles, KFC, Captain D's and a steakhouse). After returning to hotel after dinner, the clerk gave me a room key that worked and the elevator was working again. I had a great night's sleep. I also liked the fact that there is a 12:00 noon check out. I would stay here again when traveling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed February 27, 2010

The rooms were great.. Service was awesome. I would most definatly come back again. Oh and the location is the best. Easy access to everything. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My g/f works for US Air so she gets a discount rate here. She was quoted a rate of 29.99 a night. We show up after arriving thru snow and ice and the front desk lady tried to say it would be 48 per night because it was 2 people. We told her that we were quoted a certain rate and she was unwilling to honor it. We asked to speak with a manager, but there was no one on duty, so we waited 30 minutes while she "tried calling him". When this was unsuccesful, we told her we were leaving and going elsewhere when she said they would charge a no-show fee, even though we showed up. The worst part was the lady began to become increasingly rude towards me and my g/f. This utter lack of respect was too much, so we left and found accomodations elsewhere. Hopefully we won't be charged, but if we are, we will challange it to the end. Stay away!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aztecgol4er
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Stayed here for one night on our drive back from Florida to Ohio. Clean hotel, easy to access from the highway. Breakfast was OK, but the eating area was a little cramped. Overall, it served our purpose of a cheap place to stay for a night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family