“Non caring employees”

Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
Ranked #70 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff at this hotel proved that they do not care about the guests comfort. There was construction going on at hotel which is fine but they set up to cut tile right outside my room window. They were cutting tile until about 7 pm each night. The first night I called the front desk to stop the noise and they said they would have it stopped. The cutting continued for three days never stopping before 7 pm and the last night there they started cutting at 4 am the entire time outside my window. Very poor management to allow the construction to continue to bother the guests especially after complaints. This was by far my worst stay at any Best Western. They should take the plus off the title and insert a minus. Never again would I stay there and may not even stay at a Best Western again.

2  Thank t y

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The construction crew and the cleaning staff were noisy and you cannot sleep after 9am. Hopefully the remodeling will provide curtains that cover the window to darken the room. I only asked my room be cleaned 1 day of my 6 day stay , I returned to my room at 4pm after a day on the water to find my room not serviced and no dry clean towels to shower. the maids that were still on the floor cleaning had no towels and advised me to call the front desk for towels. after 10 minutes and 2 calls to the desk i finally stopped a women wandering the floor with towels and told her they were for me . i'll stop here ..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank elle c
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had stayed at this BW on a previous trip to Charlotte 2 years ago and had had a decent experience, so we chose to stay again for the 2 nights we would be in Charlotte on our trip before flying home to Dallas. What a mistake! After taking in a movie and a late dinner, we had returned to the BW to relax and sleep before visiting the US National White Water Center. A party was occurring in the breakfast area which was just a short distance from our door on the first floor. We thought it a little strange to have a party in an area so close to guest rooms after 9 pm at night, but everything seemed under control. That thought lasted for only a short time. We began to hear shrieks and screams from young voices and the pounding of small feet up and down the hallway from the breakfast area to the end past our door. This happened repeatedly. My husband went to speak to the front desk at 11 pm to see when the party would be over and/or if something could be done about the noise. The desk clerk referred him to the general manager WHO WAS THE ONE HAVING THE PARTY (his 50th--I guess the venue wasn't costing him anything)!!! The manager couldn't understand what the problem was. He told my husband, "It's Friday night! Let them (meaning the children, I guess) have a little fun, " and then said to give them about 10 - 15 minutes more. My husband let him know that this was a hotel and not a playground and returned to the room. When the disturbances continued past 11:15 pm, my husband returned to speak with the general manager (at 11:20) about the situation and possibly changing to a different hotel, he was dismissed with a "Where are you from? . . . I don't care what you do. . . . Just go away." We spoke with someone at the Best Western phone number who had the manager come apologize (which happened about midnight) but he really didn't apologize. It was more of an explanation that it was his 50th birthday party and he couldn't just ask people to leave. We considered changing hotels for our 2nd night but decided that surely we wouldn't have the same situation again. We were partially wrong! After spending our day at the USNWWC (be sure to check this out!!! Thumbs up!!) and then having dinner, we returned to the hotel to find another party occurring in the breakfast area. Luckily there were no shrieks, screams or pounding feet outside our door, but the noise from the party could still be heard in our room. At least they were gone by 10:30 pm or so as we had to get up early to catch our flight home. If you are fortunate enough to get a night when a party is NOT being held however, the rooms are nice, internet connections were good, the front desk staff were as helpful as they could be in most situations. Unfortunately the one the first night probably wasn't comfortable telling her boss that the party was disturbing guests and that they would need to quiet down, corral their children or leave. Understandable.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here (as the proximity to the airport is a plus--you can get there in about 15...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amathteacher
Reviewed June 27, 2014

the hotel was very easy to get to off the highway and a light rail stop was close by which made driving in uptown Charlotte unnecessary. It was less expensive than the hotels in the heart of Charlotte, but there was a lot around within walking distance. (good food!!) If you like the city, but don't want to be in the heart of the city - I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you have ever been to a best western plus and then you stay here you will agree.. this is a three story knights inn. Clean- parking wasn't horrible, Didn't say for breakfast though- I am being told that my review inst long enough but i have not other good words for this place. They have cribs available but we didn't use them. Hopefully this is enough characters.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tyler L
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Attentive staff. Clean. Courteous. Airport shuttle. I am partial to BW for Business travel, because they meet your needs without breaking your budget. That always looks good to the boss. I hadn't stayed at this location before, but I'll certainly be there the next time I'm overnight in Charlotte. It's pretty close to the metro, but ideal for the airport.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a conference this June. One of the nice things about this hotel is location. The Blue Line LYNX train station is very accessible and it will take you to Uptown or all the way to I-485. The hotel is very basic but maintains very good cleanliness and friendly service. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel with free airport shuttle, free breakfast, and close to Uptown and Southend, consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a quiet room away.