Best Western Sterling Hotel & Suites
  • Pool
$142
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$139
$109
$89
$85
All reviewslight railboiled eggsroom was cleanfree airport shuttlenorth carolinarestaurants within walking distancedowntown charlotteyogurtclose to the airportwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepfree breakfastdesk clerkchecking outnascar hall of fameconvenient locationstaff was friendly
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was great for the price. With Breakfast included was even better. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The bathroom was a little tired but everything worked well. The room included a huge flatscreen TV, Microwave and a larger than average bar fridge.
The only real criticism would be that the staff were not as enthusiastic with their service as compared to the other places within the Charlotte area that I visited, I felt I had to initiate the conversation to get the reception staff to open up.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brenden M
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hello Mr Brendon M,
Thank you your kind words and we learn and try to work on our mistakes and your suggestions by reading your reviews.
Thanks again for staying with us. Hope we will do better and make your stay much happier than the previous one.
Sunny Singh

Reviewed May 23, 2013

so bad i dont know where to start.i have stayed in other best western plus hotels and this one failed everywhere,outdated rooms un comfortable beds electric sockets/lights that did not work,rude uncarring staff. they ran out of sample shampoo.breakfast was cheap.airport shuttle driver could not drive one block out of his way to get me to my rental car company so i had to be dropped off and walk the block with no sidewalk over a train overpass.The blessing here was that on my walk i found Embassy Suites and spent the rest of my stay there as soon as my 2 days at bwp was over.my wife complained numerous times and left her number but the gm never returned her calls.as a us airways flight attendant told us its close to the airport but at the lower end of where there used to staying.

Room Tip: stay at Embassy suites south tyron rd
1  Thank Steve R

Hello Mr Steve R,
I am sorry for your inconvenience at our Hotel. I did talk to your wife and heard everything she had to say. Maybe you got the room which needed some work. We could have moved you to any other room. I don't know if you had asked the front desk.
We are a very busy Hotel with the Pilots and Crews staying with us and we have to go to Airport very often. Steve asked the driver to drop him off at the corner of Woodlawn and Tryon Street. The driver did not know where your rental car place was and he had to run to the Airport to pick up someone at the same time you asked.
I don't mind driving someone in my car and drop them off . I was not at the Hotel that day.
I am sorry again that you feel about our Hotel this way. We are always there to help our guests in any way. Yes we fixed the socket in the room you stayed.
Our breakfast is great. We everything but the meat item since the health department won't let us serve it. We tried in the past and was written up and fined by the Health Dept.
We are a very valued and a great Hotel for the price and location. Everything is free besides the room , tax and long distance phone calls.
I apologize again and hope you stay with us in the future.
Sunny Singh

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This plus property is convenient to the airport. The check attendant was efficient and friendly. I had called ahead to request a not so firm mattress and a room away from the street. My husband and I both have some health issues and the mattress comfort is important for us. The staff was very accommodating. The motel was very clean. The breakfast was complimentary basic continental fare. We did have a problem with the iron so you may want to check it out in advance of the morning rush. We requested a wake up call for 6:30 and the phone rang at 5:45 which was very disappointing. Those things aside we had a good stay and would recommend it if your in the area and are looking for comfort, cleanliness and a good value for the money.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is a great value for this area. The breakfeast was as expected. The eating area was kept exceptionaly clean throughout our stay. There were always seats and everything seemed well organized. The Female Desk Staff was friendly and courtieous. The rooms were clean and fresh. The bathroom could surly use an updating and the air conditioning unit worked fine, but if you need total quiet it won't work for you. Overall I would return.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on a very busy street.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The day before(@4pm) we checked in I needed to change my room from a king bed to two doubles, on the phone the guy was short with me and there was a $10.00 upcharge. I called the 877# and did not get any help from there. The lady was clueless on what to do! she said I had to talk to the hotel. When we did checked in(945pm) the guy was short again. Checked out the bathroom and it was fine but we needed one more set of towels and he was just RUDE, did not put his phone down and kind of threw them on the counter. The room was clean and neat bed and pillows were fine we all sleep well. The breakfast was what I was expecting, she was nice and asked how was everything. lady at check out was fine(6AM) over all the hotel was fine for a one night stay If you need something to eat and drink McKoy's smokehouse just a cross the street two thumbs up!