“This is no plus hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Erlanger, Kentucky
“This is no plus hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

so bad i dont know where to start.i have stayed in other best western plus hotels and this one failed everywhere,outdated rooms un comfortable beds electric sockets/lights that did not work,rude uncarring staff. they ran out of sample shampoo.breakfast was cheap.airport shuttle driver could not drive one block out of his way to get me to my rental car company so i had to be dropped off and walk the block with no sidewalk over a train overpass.The blessing here was that on my walk i found Embassy Suites and spent the rest of my stay there as soon as my 2 days at bwp was over.my wife complained numerous times and left her number but the gm never returned her calls.as a us airways flight attendant told us its close to the airport but at the lower end of where there used to staying.

Room Tip: stay at Embassy suites south tyron rd
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve R
sunnysingh7, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello Mr Steve R,
I am sorry for your inconvenience at our Hotel. I did talk to your wife and heard everything she had to say. Maybe you got the room which needed some work. We could have moved you to any other room. I don't know if you had asked the front desk.
We are a very busy Hotel with the Pilots and Crews staying with us and we have to go to Airport very often. Steve asked the driver to drop him off at the corner of Woodlawn and Tryon Street. The driver did not know where your rental car place was and he had to run to the Airport to pick up someone at the same time you asked.
I don't mind driving someone in my car and drop them off . I was not at the Hotel that day.
I am sorry again that you feel about our Hotel this way. We are always there to help our guests in any way. Yes we fixed the socket in the room you stayed.
Our breakfast is great. We everything but the meat item since the health department won't let us serve it. We tried in the past and was written up and fined by the Health Dept.
We are a very valued and a great Hotel for the price and location. Everything is free besides the room , tax and long distance phone calls.
I apologize again and hope you stay with us in the future.
Sunny Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This plus property is convenient to the airport. The check attendant was efficient and friendly. I had called ahead to request a not so firm mattress and a room away from the street. My husband and I both have some health issues and the mattress comfort is important for us. The staff was very accommodating. The motel was very clean. The breakfast was complimentary basic continental fare. We did have a problem with the iron so you may want to check it out in advance of the morning rush. We requested a wake up call for 6:30 and the phone rang at 5:45 which was very disappointing. Those things aside we had a good stay and would recommend it if your in the area and are looking for comfort, cleanliness and a good value for the money.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is a great value for this area. The breakfeast was as expected. The eating area was kept exceptionaly clean throughout our stay. There were always seats and everything seemed well organized. The Female Desk Staff was friendly and courtieous. The rooms were clean and fresh. The bathroom could surly use an updating and the air conditioning unit worked fine, but if you need total quiet it won't work for you. Overall I would return.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on a very busy street.
Lester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The day before(@4pm) we checked in I needed to change my room from a king bed to two doubles, on the phone the guy was short with me and there was a $10.00 upcharge. I called the 877# and did not get any help from there. The lady was clueless on what to do! she said I had to talk to the hotel. When we did checked in(945pm) the guy was short again. Checked out the bathroom and it was fine but we needed one more set of towels and he was just RUDE, did not put his phone down and kind of threw them on the counter. The room was clean and neat bed and pillows were fine we all sleep well. The breakfast was what I was expecting, she was nice and asked how was everything. lady at check out was fine(6AM) over all the hotel was fine for a one night stay If you need something to eat and drink McKoy's smokehouse just a cross the street two thumbs up!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is a very nice hotel to stay in for business. It is conveniently located right off I-77 and has many nearby places to eat. The value for this hotel was in my opinion excellent as the rooms were large and comfortable, clean and well kept and the continental breakfast did offer a good selection. The hours for the breakfast were also convenient as we had to get an early start and were still able to get a bite to eat before heading out. Would I stay here again? Definitely!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank James K
Eatonton, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was very happy with the Best Western Motel. I slept good, enjoyed breakfast and the employees were very helpful with check-in and check-out. I have stayed there before and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

sunnysingh7, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks for the nice words Robert. You are always welcome at our Hotel.
Please let us know if we can improve further in any area.
Thanks again,
Sunny Singh, GM
Ashland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nothing to complain about, just convenient, clean, quiet, with comfortable king size bed, at an affordable rate, exactly what a long distance traveler needs. The breakfast is not what I liked, too many carbs, the boiled eggs sealed in plastic bags could not be fresh, I guess.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank UdoGo
sunnysingh7, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Thanks for nice comments and you are always wellcome.