“Bed of rocks” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Danville, Virginia, Usa
“Bed of rocks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The bed was as hard as rocks. After a night sleep our bodies were sore. The room also smelled like stale smoke. We did not even want to shower because the bathroom was so disgusting! I would not stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

sunnysingh7, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello Kbel,
I am sorry to hear regarding the bed. Not all the beds are hard or soft. Everyone has their own choice.
I don't know if you informed the front desk regarding changing the room since bed was hard. We have some rooms with very nice soft beds. We can hold a room with soft bed if you had requested for on your reservation or called me.
I personally take care of the request of my guests and try to satisfy them.
I am sorry again for your inconvenience. Please see me when you are in town next time and I will give you a discount and try to get you a room with a soft bed.
Thanks again,
Sunny Singh, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great! I needed something cheap for several nights and this place had everything I wanted for my stay. I will definitely choose this hotel again for my next trip to Charlotte!

Pros: The room was huge and it looked like everything was relatively new. The carpet was clean, the furniture was nice and the bed was super comfy. There was a new and clean mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and had a nice waterfall shower head. I expected the water pressure to be terrible with it, but the pressure was excellent. Breakfast was great, with waffles, pastries, cereal, yogurt, etc. The hotel itself was clean, well lit and close to several places to eat and only a short drive to downtown and things like the Southpark mall.

Cons: The staff wasn't super friendly but definitely not rude either. The cable tv didn't have the largest number of channels and the channel listing in the room was not accurate at all. The toilet ran on its own every once in a while which was a little annoying when I was in my room. The only real thing that really irked me about my stay was that I had NO view. My view was of an AC unit on the roof....terrible.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great place to stay in the city of Charlotte. Convenient - Great location close to train station with friendly, helpful staff. Good eating nearby. Free breakfast is limited.
Sadly the rate was a inflated for CIAA tournament.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Charleston, South Carolina, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Best Western. We traveled from Charleston to attend the Bobcats vs the Lakers which was also a great game. The breakfast was good, and location. The only thing that I would change is the cable tv service, other than that I would recommend to others and we would stay as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was very impressed with my room, very clean and the perfect temperature for me. Close enough to downtown but not in all the traffic hassle... Will definitely stay here next time I come to Charlotte!! The Staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with anything I needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo