“International Motorcycle Show at charlotte expo ctr”

Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
Ranked #68 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 1, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Best Western. We traveled from Charleston to attend the Bobcats vs the Lakers which was also a great game. The breakfast was good, and location. The only thing that I would change is the cable tv service, other than that I would recommend to others and we would stay as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was very impressed with my room, very clean and the perfect temperature for me. Close enough to downtown but not in all the traffic hassle... Will definitely stay here next time I come to Charlotte!! The Staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with anything I needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Hello Jolena,
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review.
I really appreciate it. Thank you for your kind words and staying with us. Hope to see you soo.
Sonny Singh, GM

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Bedding old & worn, woke up around 5-6 am to noisy people in front of lobby. Desk clerk would do nothing. I was on the third floor and could still hear their ignorant, loud mouths. Slowest elevator in the world. Stairs are located outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not at this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at a Best Western Plus not long ago, had a great experience, and decided to give this Best Western Plus a try. I was very disappointed with my stay. There was no comparison between the two properties.

First, I had requested a non-smoking room. The room I was assigned was labeled as non-smoking, but it was extremely evident that there had been smoking in the room; even in the bed. I had a terrible night's sleep because the smoke smell was so strong. Wouldn't laundering the sheets remove the smell? It was late and I was tired so I didn't bother calling the front desk.

I noticed as I went to my room, there was a towel stuck in the exit door leading to the stairs at the end of the hallway keeping it open; I removed the towel and closed the door (ensuring it latched). I also noticed that the first floor door leading to the stairs had a "do not use stairs" sign.

I did not enjoy my stay and will not stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hello,
I am sorry for your inconvenience at our Hotel. We are a 100% non smoking hotel and we charge people for smoking in the room.
I don't know what happened but I am really sorry. We could have changed your room if you had requested.
It was snowing in Charlotte last week, that's why there was a sign not to use the stairs.
Thanks again for staying with us and please come back again and I will try to make your stay better.
Sunny Singh, Gm

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent location to the airport. Reasonable room rate and car storage rate. Prompt shuttle service to and from the airport. Bacon or sauage at breakfast would be nice. Will definitely stay here again when using the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel. I am very much obliged for your kind words and the marks you gave us.
Thanks again and have a great and safe trip.
Sunny Singh , GM

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel was dirty and melt like mould! Our first room smelt so bad that we had to change to another which was just bare-able. The bathroom was even worst- maybe a fan should be invest in to dry the room out. We spoke to the front desk twice and was told to pick up some air freshner to pour over the floor. There was also not enough towels and the evening staff had no interest in helping out we ended up going to physically find some towels at 10:30 at night. The breakfast was good and the location was suitable if you have a car or are happy to catch the train into charlotte central. Very unhappy with our first stay at a best western but we won't be staying with them again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emma P
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. I am going to check the rooms you stayed and will fix the room. I will talk to the Front Desk regarding the towels.
I am sorry for the inconvenience you had. Please give us a try again and please look up for me when you visit us.
Thanks again and hope to see you again.

Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Eagle Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
East Forest
Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel
Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
#118 of 180 in Charlotte

Been to Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites

Address: 242 E Woodlawn Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217-2202 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Hotel & Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte > Montclaire South
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#64 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range: $80 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Sterling Hotel Charlotte