“Quality hotel close to airport with excellent service and good value rooms.s.”

Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
Ranked #52 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Quality hotel close to airport with excellent service and good value rooms.s.”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in late September 2010. The staff was very welcoming when I arrived from California. Nice bar/restaurant area with good waitstaff. Indoor pool right off the restaurant. Very nice feel to the indoor areas. I had a fair sized room with standard amenities. The room was plenty large. I worked in my room quite effectively. I had several conference calls and then reviewed materials on my laptop. Good internet connectivity. There was a bit of noise from the airport until early evening, but the noise was not objectionable.

I traveled to downtown Charlotte after my one night stay. Seemed to be a bit of a problem getting a taxi, so the staff van driver offered to take me downtown. Again, excellent service. I would stay at this hotel again on my next visit to Charlotte and I recommend it to fellow business travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Bad things about this Sheraton:

- Room had a damp feel to it, and a musty, smoked-in smell
- Internet costs $10.00 per day!!! (a huge pet peeve of mine)
- Internet is horribly slow...almost unusable.
- Exterior is old and dated.

Great things about this Sheraton:

- The people here are very nice, warm, and go out of their way to be of service.
- The common areas (lobby, bar, etc) are modern and renovated.
- Overall, it looks like the interior received some sort of renovation. The rooms do have newer wall paper, decor, bathroom tile, etc.
- Gym is quite nice.

Sydney-Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This hotel has been a favourite each year when we make our mammoth flight from Sydney to Charlotte to visit my husbands family.

Rooms are comfortable and clean. Beds are really comfortable and the staff really obliging.

Breakfast provided for members which was adequate.

I have NO hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone. Very very pleased with everything that it provides.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Two tired sisters, looking for good place to eat, sleep and laugh....
My sister and I found everything we were looking for in a hotel and more. The room was comfortable, clean and convenient. We ordered food from the restaurant and got wonderful service, excellent and appetizing meals and drinks. The only problem, which turned out to be the laugh of the trip, was the quanity of the food. We expected tiny portions, and got ample ones. You should have seen us laugh about all that food. We told the staff the next morning we should have had a party... Makin' memories at the Sheraton in Charlotte...Now a favorite place....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My Company frequently has events for groups of 25 and more at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel. We receive better than competitive rates for our functions. The staff (from Sales Managers to the banquet personnel) is always professional, friendly and accomodating. If you are having a catered event, you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food the banquet staff provides.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I've noticed lately the Sheratons have been getting nicer and nicer, and so I've started to stray from my usual Marriott. However, after this most recent experience, I'm not so sure I'll be doing that any more!

It all started when I got to the airport. I called the hotel shuttle, and the desk clerk told me that the shuttle would be there very soon. Well "very soon" turned out to be over half an hour. I actually saw multiple other hotels and rental car buses go by two, sometimes even 3 times before the Sheraton bus finally came. Image my surprise when the hotel was only 3 miles away and it took us a mere 5 minutes to get there. I'm not sure what the hold up was, no apology or explanation was given.

When I finally get to the hotel, the lobby was nice but it all ended there. The second you stepped out of the lobby and near the elevator, it smelled like old, stale, musty cigarettes. I was completely disgusted, it actually made my stomach turn, but thought "surely, my room won't be the same!"

I was wrong. I got up to my floor and the smell only intensified in the hallway. My room was no exception - it REEKED of stale cigarettes, and for some reason the temperature was set somewhere between "freezing" and "North Pole." It didn't matter how high I turned that thing up (78, if you're curious), it never warmed up. Between that and the awful smell, if I would have had a rental car, and/or if I had been there for more than one night, I would have absolutely left.

I'm not done though! To escape the elements, I decided to go down to the (fresher smelling) lobby and have dinner. The staff there was very nice, and the food was good for hotel food. I'm not a drinker though, so I truly could only stay down there so long. After my meal and a few glasses of water I headed back up to my smokey ice box and decided to crawl into bed. Yet another big mistake.

I travel about 50% of each month for work, and I have been in a lot of hotels. I have never in my life experienced a bed like this. It was hard, it was creeky, the sheets and comforter were stiff, the pillows were flat.....it was awful. I hardly slept, which made my 8 hour meeting the next day (the reason I was there to begin with) extremely difficult to get through.

I hate to be cliche, but I would not send my worst enemy to this hotel. Sadly, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole chain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GiSpin
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2010

i enjoyed the stay everything was so nice room service was great look fordward to coming back soon thanks

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business