“Epic Fail”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Epic Fail”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is off its game. Not sure what is wrong with the Sheraton brand these days. The most annoying issue to me was the least significant overall, heavy use of air freshener and no way to feel I could get a good breath of air. The bathroom flooded overnight so I awoke to a lot of water in the main part of the room AND (can you believe this) no maintenance on duty. Used most of my towels for the flood. The pre-scheduled breakfast was 45 minutes late. This made the fitted sheets not fitting the mattress barely noteworthy. Wow!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize for the lack of service you experienced at our hotel. We pride ourselves on being engaged with our customers even during the evening. I have forwarded your comments to our Food & Beverage and Engineering Manager in an effort to prevent similar circumstances from happening to other guests. We thank you for your review and again apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We hope that you stay at the Sheraton Charlotte the next time you are in Charlotte so that we can show you a true Sheraton experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Recently renovated lobby with some hotel rooms overlooking a lovely indoor/outdoor pool. Restaurants and meeting rooms look great but I didn't eat in the hotel. The rooms have been fairly recently renovated, too, and offer Starbucks brand coffee, which is nice. Hotel is a good deal for a restful, overnight stay without hallway traffic noise. Super easy access to I 85. Staff is very professional and friendly. It's not a remarkable hotel and doesn't offer complimentary anything but it's a good deal for the price and is close to the highways. Great for business travelers.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask that you don't get the room next to the housekeeping supply room. The banging...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
alberta canada
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spend 2 nites on my way to Pinehurst....Room had a funny smell to,but as I was travelling on my own this was not a issue.Enjoyed the club lounge and the food selection was fine.the hotel is about 20 minutes from e great malls and they were easy to get to.Saw the pool but did not use it....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Room Service sucked a hole in our wallet- high food prices, a high service fee attached and a delivery fee, plus you had to pay the gratuity at the door. Not worth it.

Room- had no microwave, no refrigerator. This is a 4 star, but the smaller hotel chains have them beat with that.

Water pressure - slow drains and low pressure

Comfort - Room wouldn't heat up

Internet - You have to pay by the hour

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel and want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our guests are close to our hearts and we always appreciate and heed any suggestions you may have for our property. As a point of clarification, we do offer complimentary refrigerators and microwaves upon request, as well as, complimentary internet in the Sheraton Link powered by Microsoft. I would love the chance to speak with you about your stay – please contact me anytime so that we can assist you further.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was traveling on business and a bit hesitant about a hotel near the airport but this hotel is very nice. I booked on line and was able to upgrade by pre-paying and was on a very quiet, card access only floor. I agree with another reviewer that free wi-fi should be a given these days. Mine was free because of the upgrade. The rooms were very comfortable and the lobby/bar dining area had all been freshly updated and made a great first impression. Staff was very pleasant. I would stay again!

Room Tip: Book on line and pre-pay if your travel plans are firm and you can get an upgraded room for a huge d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Charlotte and sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to know our convenient location and customer service made your business trip more enjoyable! Our business center the Link @ Sheraton powered by Microsoft provides guests with all of your business needs including, copying and faxing services. As well, guests who upgrade to the Club Lounge or are a member of our loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) receive complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. We value your business and look forward to the opportunity to connect with you the next time your travels bring you back to the Sheraton Charlotte!
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Cosy Place to stay near Charlotte Airport. for this short Trip, we did went there for 2 Nights and we can say, that it is a good hotel with a nice and friendly Customerservice there. Room was clean and good outfitted. Not far away from Hotel, have been few very good and typical Restaurants. On our Stay there, there was a very friendly Service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
On behalf of the Sheraton, we are delighted to know our services exceeded your expectations and our staff provided a memorable experience during your visit with us. We are proud of our Sheraton Charlotte team and delighted to provide excellent service to wonderful guests like you! Safe Travels~
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Sheraton used to mean a really 5 star experience, at least to me. I think I was treated well and so was my mother, so I have no fault with the staff. I certainly have no fault with the meal I shared with my mother. We found that to be a highlight, despite its somewhat high price. Why then can I only give it an average rating?

1. THE NOISE LEVEL!!!! IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT DON'T GET A ROOM ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE END OF THE HALL OR THE DRUNKS GETTING OFF THE ELEVATOR WILL STAND OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR AND DRIVE YOU NUTS!

2. I think free internet should sort of be a given these days. If I am paying top whack for a room and they want an additional 10 clams to give me access to the world wide web for a few measly hours, I find that a bit, well, miserly. I chose not to bite.

3. Lastly, I chose not to bite for an additional bunch of bucks for a buffet breakfast for my mother and me. That was almost ridiculous in my book.

These issues are all in themselves kind of small, in all likelihood, for the average businessman, on the padded business trip with a business expense account. For someone like me, used to hotels like Hampton Inns who offer the above amenities included for a similar bottom dollar, it means maybe I will reconsider my choice next time.

On the plus side, though, and there are plusses, here, the staff there was exceedingly friendly. The beds were comfy. Eating at the hotel can be a plus if you do not want to leave the grounds. They even offered to let me leave my car there as I was flying out of Charlotte and returning within a few days, rather than the expense of parking it in long distance parking (a nice gesture I turned down as I had arranged prepayment elsewhere.) The toiletry amenities were nice and my senior citizen mother and I (of nearly senior citizen age) felt safe there and well looked after.

I guess this is where you weigh out what you need. If you ask for a room at the end of the hall, are leaving early in the morning and don't need breakfast and don't need internet, you may have your Shangri-La. Good food, good pool, good bar, good folks.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hall because the doors are paper thin and folks coming off the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad you felt welcome and refreshed by your experience at The Sheraton Charlotte. It is regretful however that you felt your stay was less than a five star experience. While, full service and limited service hotels often vary in the amenities they offer and the price they charge for those amenities we always welcome any suggestions our guests have for our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Charlotte!