“Shocked at other reviews-not a winner”

Hilton Charlotte Executive Park
Ranked #77 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Shocked at other reviews-not a winner”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is not a property that I would recommend, though it appears travelers encounter a number of different room experiences. I switched rooms 3 times and after the third room I stayed put but huddled fully clothed on the bed. If I was not attending a business meeting that evening I would have checked out in search of cleaner options. The rooms were dirty and dusty with black dirt falling out of vents when the fan activates. In my final room the ceiling was falling down near the window and the musty smell was overwhelming. Hilton did provide compensation based on this experience but I am shocked at the affiliation and is not up to standards unfortunately. I won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGM_11, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I understand the condition of multiple rooms were of concern, I again apologize for the inconveniences and I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience. I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 1, 2013

For those looking for great value and great location, I highly recommend this property. Close to the airport and only a few miles from DT Charlotte. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely welcoming. Overall, a great and clean property. I'll be staying here again.

1 Thank BizTraveler19
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed.
This time though, I feel I must give a special shout out to the folks on the front desk.
I arrived with a gift that I bought at Newark airport for my daughters 9th birthday. I was flying back on the day of her birthday and being on the road, had no way of wrapping this for her before I got back. The front staff folks took care of this for me and went way beyond the call of duty..

Thanks so much..

Room Tip: Honors floor 6/7th
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a great hotel that is very clean and all of the staff is extremely friendly. My wife refers to it as her "home away from home" when traveling to our through Charlotte. We have used their airport shuttle on numerous occasions. The vehicle is a Mercedes, do I need to say more? Also, it is only 3.2 miles from South Park Mall.

Room Tip: Do not worry about a quiet rooms. All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RiverJ1
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've stayed here several times and will be back. The rooms are clean, the staff is terrific, and the parking is FREE! A winning combination. See my comments on the parking to make your entrance and exit easier.

Room Tip: The parking is FREE but I always try to park on the right side of the entrance. Parking in the lot d...
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with three adults in the party. Had a KB suite which was very roomy but the sofa bed was not made up even though we were not a walk in booking. In addition the package of bedding material for the sofa bed was incomplete with no sheet to go under the blanket. Our adult daughter found the sofa bed less comfortable than others she had slept in on this trip. Room and linen was clean. There was bass music coming from somewhere nearby pr in the hotel until late in the evening. We were concerned with the signs in the car park including signs from the Charlotte Police regarding the danger of leaving valuables in vehicles. As this was a one night stop for us we had planned to leave our main luggage in our vehicle but the signs frightened us enough to make us take it all to our room.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as it was not complimentary and we wanted to be on the road. Staff at check-in and check-out were pleasant and efficient. Wi-fi worked fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Papa_Panda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding and it was an ok hotel. We were expecting it to be a bit nicer given the Hilton name but we were let down. The property appeared as it had not been upgraded in some time. Also, the bar area was clearly dated.

• Stayed April 2012
HiltonGM_11, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms and bar are areas we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.