“A very pleasant staff and general manager”

Motel 6 Charlotte NC Airport
Ranked #163 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stay here quite often and I am always greeted warmly.

This location is undergoing a renovation, with flat screen
TVs, new furniture and flooring, and it should be even
more appealing for travelers.

The rates are the lowest in the airport area and they offer
transportation to the airport.

The general manager, April, is a real sweetie!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fussytravellerman

Reviewed January 22, 2014

the rooms had not been upgraded however the manager stated that they were in the process of upgrading....the front desk clerk lavonda was very professional, quick, and had a great attitude. I am a person if the service is good than i would come back, she did make my stay comfortable through surrounding conditions.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our stays at previous Red Roof Inns have been great. Then we stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Charlotte Airport, 3300 Queen City drive, Charlotte, NC. We stayed there on 1/14/2014.
We requested a non-smoking room on the first floor. We did get a first floor room 104. This definitely was not a non smoking room. As soon as you walked in you could smell the stench of cigarette smoke also there was an ash tray inside the room. There was no remote for the television, the micro-wave was missing the knob to operate it and the final piazza de resistance was the brown turds left floating in the toilet which we did try to flush down but was not successful due to some kind of stoppage. I went to the desk clerk and shared my findings with her and she gave me a room upstairs since there were no more on the first floor. She stated this room has more amenities. Room 202; there was still the heavy smell of cigarette smoke upon entering, well since we had a meeting to go to we turned on the fan and left, I noticed there was a light bulb missing in the lamp by the bed so I went down to report it to the desk clerk, when she first saw me she said is this room bad too? The desk clerk said she was doing a room examination in a few minutes and she would put in a light bulb. A few hours later we returned to find no light bulb had been added and the room still stunk. We stopped and picked up a can of air deodorizer which did help just slightly. While looking for an electrical outlet I noticed the dresser drawer was not up against the wall because of the television sitting on it, well you can see by the attached photos there is trashed left behind the dresser and the outlets did not work. On the bed cover there was several stains as you can see in the attached photo, so we just removed it from the bed. I know we could have left but it was very late so that is why we just decided to stay the night. This room did have a remote that was missing the battery cover and there was no clock in the room. The only positive was a nice hot shower with excellent water pressure. Our clean clothes smelled like cigarette smoke for the rest of the trip until we were able to wash them. I will not be recommending this location to anyone and I will not stay at this place again. I guess we were spoiled from our prior stays at with your Inns.
A disappointed traveler

Room Tip: Stay away we tried 2 rooms both smelled of smoke
Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 06-07 Jan2014 and what a mistake! I arrived at 745PM and attempted to call the hotel for the shuttle van for over one hour and 45 min's without anyone even picking up the phone! I even had the airport vistors aid people attempt to call for over 15 min's without anyone picking up. I was finally picked up by a van driver from a different hotel next door to the Red Roof who felt sorry for me after seeing me outside for almost two hours!
The non-smoking room smelled of smoke and had burn marks on the dresser. The room had 4 light fixtures but only ONE actually had a light bulb in it.The heater control box for the bathroom was ripped out of the wall and actually had a LIVE wire exposed which sparked when moved. N o heater in the room when the temps outside dropped to 11degrees completed this survival exercise. I have stayed in Red Roofs across the country and this was the worse. I did 30 years in the Navy and this made me want to go back to sea!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank johnbI6808NT
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Agree with other reviews on here and wish I had read them before I booked. Lady at desk was playing loud music while we were checking in. When we got to our room, we noticed that the smoke alarm was DISCONNECTED from the wall and lying on the table. There were no chairs in the room. Bed skirt and carpet had suspicious white stains. The remote didn't work, and when we turned on the TV, the screen was fuzzy and green. Despite booking the room for 4 people, there were only 2 towels in the room...and since there was no phone in the room so we couldn't call the lobby. Our room was right above the lobby and we could hear the phone ringing, often for a long time before it was answered. People were running around and yelling outside at all hours of the night. One of the amenities listed is free breakfast, but there was only coffee and we had to wait for it to be made. The "professional pictures" shown online are FAKE and from another hotel...this will be apparent as soon as you step into the lobby. My advice: if you want to stay somewhere cheap and simple (like we did), go elsewhere. I've never complained about a hotel before but I feel people deserve a fair warning before staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennniferrb
Reviewed December 18, 2013

After a bad Red Roof experience in Indianapolis, followed by a very conciliatory apology from Red Roof management, I decided to give the chain another try when stranded at the Charlotte airport. Never again, not even if they paid me. 1, the vent cover was missing from the AC, revealing an amazing array of dead, cooked bugs ranging from 2-inch long cockroaches to goodness knows what else; 2, cigarette ashes on the fridge and smoke-stinky bedding; 3, 12 inches of toilet paper on the roll and no spare. When I called for me, I was told I would have to come to the lobby for it. I was already in my nightie. Too bad. The clerk was busy smoking outside. 4, the carpeted floor was dirty and there were mysterious stains on the bedding. Not the fault of the hotel, maybe, a refrigerated 18-wheeler parked 40 feet away idled its engine and generators all night. Last but not least, my 5:15 a.m. wakeup call came at 5:45. The shuttle came at 5:50. Thanks but no thanks.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Perhaps you will look over inconveniences in exchange for a low rate and close proximity to the Charlotte (CLT) airport? Are you looking for something with a basic bed and shower for a bit of travel relief? Here's my advice:

RUN! The other way! FAST!

Terrible, regretful, unbelievable, unsafe, dangerous, loud, unclean, these are some the words I would use to describe my stay.

The room was beyond unacceptable; dirty, filthy and in need of repair. The surroundings were unsafe. I actually took my luggage into the bathroom with me! I was asked to buy drugs on my way to the room. My neighbor was sitting naked in his room- his card key on the balcony rail. The neighbor on the other side appeared to be renting by the month.

I had computer work to do along with a 13 hour layover. I stayed until my work was finished and checked out ASAP. I never used the bed. The toilet overflowed, the shower backed up. I was happy to escape that place in one piece.

There was no point in discussing the matter with management. It is apparent that these unsavory elements have been allowed to fester for a long time. I certainly do not recommend this property.

Room Tip: Stay directly over the office so that when folks drive through with their guns they may be less apt...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo