“Good to very good”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #28 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Friendly staff, quiet rooms but the physical internet connection in my particular room was disabled and covered with electrical tape. The staff as a whole was very friendly and that is refreshing in a world where good or great customer service is becoming a lost craft.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Ken L., Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks about our team. As for the internet connection, we recently converted to the new AT&T wireless network which offers our guests a very high bandwidth and connectivity reliability. The connection you are referring to has since been disabled and replaced with covers. I am truly sorry that this particular input was missing its cover and has since been replaced. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Recently stayed at he Hilton Charlotte Center City for a business trip. Was very close to both work locations, which was a plus. The breakfast buffet was fair and pricey. The drinks at the bar were pricey as well. That said, my room was clean, and it had an in room safe to house my laptop.

Don't leave the hotel late at night. Drunks and vagrants line the streets looking for hand outs and in some cases - trouble.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors myself. Hotel does have a YMCA free for guests to use, which is a plus.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Phil A., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate your comments about the hotel and our team. As for the vagrants, with any downtown location there are a few homeless but being the second largest financial city behind New York we have an extremely diligent police department that maintains a great presence in the downtown area. It is an extremely safe area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The rooms are typical hilton, but very disappointed with the stuff that turns a hotel stay from fine to lousy. 1. bad technology for room key cards. magnetic strip goes bad, get to room and can't get in, have to go back to front desk (too few elevators for a 22 floor hotel so long ride) to get into room. 2. no fitness center in the hotel (crazy for a big hotel chain) but attached to the ymca through the mall. unfortunately the health club has limited hours (for example not open at 730 am on a saturday morning. 3. staying on the executive floor-- the executive lounge coffee machine is broken, no coffee available. and no one working in the lounge. called front desk from l and was told nothing they could do. Really?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear brizillatravel, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We take great pride in our 4-Diamond service and it is extremely upsetting to see we did not make your stay an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments with our operations team so they can address each item with their team to prevent these types of issues happening in the future. In regards to our fitness center we have partnered with the YMCA as our fitness center for our guests to use complimentary. It is a great facility that was just renovated last year and offers our guests an amazing selection of equipment to use. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to show you a true Hilton Experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Rooms and service are fine. Centrally located for daytime or early evening activities. No snack shop available in the wee hours. No sleep timer on the TV. Weird lobby/restaurant configuration. It's fine but nothing to write home about. When traveling to Charlotte the Hilton is not my first choice.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear joshuac24v15, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide 4-Diamond service and accommodations and I am truly sorry this was not the case in regards to your stay. We have a great gift shop open until 11pm then we do offer snacks and drinks for sale at the front desk after hours. I apologize this was not mentioned to you upon your arrival and will work with our team to communicate this to our guests. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to show you a true Hilton Experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great location, friendly staff, wonderful stay! I called the day of to see if a room was available, when I arrived they treated me like they we expecting us. Hotel was impressive and they offered to valet park or I could park myself. I parked myself and it was easy to do and had quick safe access to hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 392dianem, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding our team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I enjoyed the Hilton very much. It was very accomdating. The atomosphere was very welcoming. I used the work out facilities and really enjoyed the many different workout stations and also the other excersize options.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Joseph J., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the YMCA. It is an absolutely great facility and we are proud to offer that amenity to our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent room with great service. I was pleased with all aspects of the stay with the exception of the slow internet speeds, especially in the conference rooms and suites. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Staff was helpful and attentive.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Thomas B., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however I am sorry for the internet speed. We were able to identify a bad router that was reset and the system is currently working at 100%. I am truly glad you brought this to our attention so it can be fixed immediately. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.