“Awesome for a Great price!!”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #30 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Awesome for a Great price!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Simply beautiful!! Centrally located! Everything in walking distance!! Above and beyond clean and efficient!! Safety a plus!! You have to use your key just to get to your room floor on the elevator!! Will stay again!! Price was great for such a wonderful stay!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Ashanti F., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and the city of Charlotte. Charlotte is an amazing city and offers our guests lots to do and is a great walking around city. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

2 days of returning to the room not being made up. Day 1 not so bad because of the extra towels. 1 day of miss is not that big of a deal to me...a second day, not so great. Tried to phone guest services but the line wouldn't connect so I went to the front desk to let them know. Manager on duty asked what I wanted done and I asked that the towels be exchanged. Back to the room; housekeeping shows up and hands me a stack of towels. When I asked if she was going to remove the dirty towels, she said she couldn't do that. I asked, "so nobody is going to remove the dirty towels?" One word reply, "no." Wow! Back to the front desk (phone still not connecting to guest services). Manager on duty did come up personally and remove the towels...totally agreed that two days of no housekeeping was unacceptable. Offered if there was anything else they could do. Hint for good customer service...offer the guest something such as "...if you'd like, we'll get housekeeping here immediately and clean the room while you go to the lounge and have a drink on us." Other than that the property is ok...dated and tired and poorly decorated (purple and red furniture...feels like it was decorated by the Joker from Batman). Great location...but in the future my stays in Charlotte will be at another Hilton family property.

Stayed April 2014
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear pdxdavidb, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am truly sorry and embarrassed to hear of the poor service you experienced during your stay. I promise that this is no way typical of our hotel and our team here in Charlotte. I am aware of the situation and have already spoken with my Executive Housekeeper and Guest Service Manager and we are researching exactly what happened to ensure that it will never happen again. I would like to discuss in further detail, please contact me at Lee.Taintor@hiltoncentercity.com so we can discuss your review in great detail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and our room was very nice. I didn't try the restaurant but met a friend in the bar and the bar was great.

My one complaint is that the pool is actually a lap pool that's part of the YMCA (in same building) and kids are not allowed to use it on weekdays. Anyone traveling with kids knows that a pool is mission critical, and my 4 year old was in tears about this.

That said, the hotel staff really took our complaint seriously and sent us a nice food tray with a handwritten note to apologize, and offered to reimburse us if we wanted to take him to an offsite swim facility. This was too much running around for us and we didn't take them up on the offer, but I was impressed by the staff's sincere show of concern.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cambridgejen
Dear cambridgejen, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry that the YMCA is not available to children under 16 during the weekdays. The YMCA is a great facility that we are able to offer our guests and we are working with our partners at the YMCA to remove their restriction on children. I am glad to see that the front desk offered alternatives but I completely understand the frustration of not being able to use the pool adjacent to the hotel. I do hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here for Four nights during ADDR in the Charlotte Convention Center in March 2014.
The Hotel was good in perfect location in the downtown, just 5 Min walk to the Convention Center, 5 min walk to Epic Center (a lot of Restaurants, Lounges , Bowling , CVC Pharmacy & Cafes ).
Spacious , Clean & Comfortable Room, you’ll find all a maintains you need. We reserve a room in Family packages with comes with free WIFI & Breakfast was served in the lobby by coupons was give it to us when we checked in.
The self-parking & Valet Parking was with a fee 19$ & 24$. The Hotel was 15 Min from the biggest mall in Charlotte by car South park Mall, 25 Min from the Concord Outlet by Car.
You’ll find a lot of Restaurants & cafes surrounding the Hotel.

The only negative was slow service & you need to call many time to answer your call from the reception & valet Parking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Thamer-Awliya, Shukran, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities that the city of Charlotte has to offer. I am sorry to hear you experienced issues calling to the front desk and valet. I will be sure to review your comments with our Guest Service Manager and front office team to ensure we are able to answer our guests’ phone calls in a timely manner. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.
Wintersville, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Room was spacious. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. The amenities available were extensive. The location was convenient to airport. The food was very delicious without having to leave the building.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Tracy Y., Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your comments about our team here in Charlotte. I will be more than happy to share your comments with them in our morning newsletter. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Charlotte!
Durham
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I went for a conference so my job paid for the hotel. I was checked in under someone else's name and my debit card was checked in under her name for incidental charges as well. Luckily she didn't rent or break anything because I didn't find out about the situation until the following day.
Secondly, House keeping walked in on me because my room was in the system as "dirty" and because I was never actually checked in officially.
The front desk person was rude for no reason to me and others checking in for the conference and I can only guess that her hateful, mean, Mr grinch personality is the reason she failed to notice that she didn't check me in correctly.
The manager was nice and my complaint was followed up with apologies but I will never return, even if it's free.
The room was nice, I liked the view of downtown. The Only thing to point out is that my room didn't have a tub so showers only and the mirror offers a full view of yourself while showering..that can be good or bad I suppose.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Regina V., Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. First, I am sincerely sorry of the confusion at the front desk. We take the safety and security of our guests extremely important and I have spoken with the manager you are speaking to get the exact details of he has assured me that he has communicated with the agent who assisted you and this should never be an issue in the future. Secondly, we would love the opportunity to earn back your loyalty and trust. Please contact me at Lee.Taintor@hiltoncentercity.com so we can offer you the opportunity to experience a True Hilton stay.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed there for only one night to attend the Springsteen concert at the Time Warner Arena. This location could not have been better. Very easy to find. Plenty of parking. Restaurant was very good. Staff was very, very friendly. Room was nice appointed and spacious. Comfy beds. Great bathroom. There is no reason to stay anywhere else as long as price is reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gramps25
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Gramps25, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely glad to see you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time seeing the Boss. I will be more than happy to share your review with our team here in Charlotte and we hope to see you again on your next visit.