Hilton Charlotte Center City
$169
$142
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
$139
$109
$89
$73
1,548 results
All reviewsthe executive loungewithin walking distanceself parkinglight railcity viewnascar hall of fameroom keybank of america stadiumhotel barcorner roomtime warner arenafront desk stafffitness centerthe room was nicevery nice hotelbusiness tripbed was very comfortable
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I like staying at Hilton properties because they are very clean with high standards. This Hotel meets those standards but for a downtown Hotel I find that several amenities are only mid range. The internet is amazingly slow. I would expect that a business hotel would have a better system. The executive lounge is nice but the food served has much to be desired. The breakfast always has link sausages and potatoes along with some egg variation (never changes). The evening snacks can vary but does not seem to be at the standards of other Hiltons that I have stayed at. The Hilton is also pricey by comparison to the other Hotels in the area. The positive is the staff, they are all very nice and professional.

Room Tip: stay on the executive floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Clark W, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Eddieme,

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor and your great comments about our Hilton team members. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience in our signature executive lounge. We will address the breakfast selections and ensure there is a variety to get your day started right. I will also share your review with our IT department to ensure your floor internet speed is to our standard. I sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention so they can be fixed. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Hilton Charlotte Center City continues to provide a top-notch experience. I have stayed here on at least three trips to Charlotte and I will continue to stay here during future business trips. It has a prime location uptown-right next to the EpiCentre and TWC Arena, walking distance to plenty of restaurants and bars, and an amazing staff. This hotel is very good at keeping everything up to date and and going the extra mile. Parking is $18 self parking or $25 for valet. They were also very nice about extending my late check-out until 3:00 PM.

There are only two things I didn't like about this stay:

1. As a Hilton Diamond member, I have access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor for hors d'oeuvres each night. They also have a bar but drinks can only be charged to the room. This presents a problem for most people staying here on business. I was told that I had to go down to the 1st floor and purchase a drink from the bar and then bring it back up to the 22nd floor. No thanks. If they had a credit card machine in the Executive Lounge, I would have order a drink (or two).

2. The bathtub faucet was leaking. Not at an alarming rate, but I remember this happened the last time I was here too. The environmentalist in me really hopes this isn't happening in all of their rooms...

Overall this continues to be a great place to stay. Although it's a bit pricey, it's worth it if you want to have a good time in Charlotte without having to get a cab to go anywhere.

Room Tip: If you are staying on the 22nd floor, be sure to request a room far away from the executive lounge as people will be in-and-out of that room constantly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear David,

Thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor and also for being a loyal customer with Hilton Honors Diamond Status. I am glad to see your praise concerning our amazing staff and I will definitely relay your comments. I will follow up on your room concerning the faucet issue as well as accepting credit cards in our signature executive lounge. Thank you again for the wonderful and detailed review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I just spent three nights at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I ended up at the Hilton on a Hotwire price of $85/night, which was a great deal for this hotel. We did have to pay an additional $18/night for parking in the garage, but this is a decent price for hotel parking in uptown Charlotte. Also, the garage is very easy to access from the hotel, and the hotel is in such a perfect location uptown, the deal could not have been better.

Before arriving, I emailed the hotel to request a king room in a quiet area of the hotel, with a nice view. The hotel staff accommodated us perfectly, with a lovely room on the 19th floor. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable. The bed was great and the bathroom nicely updated. The purple and green color scheme is a little unusual, but it actually was very nice...somehow appropriate for the spring weather and vibrancy of the uptown area.

We also ate twice in the late evenings in the bar, which was lovely and relaxing. The food and service were great, and prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant and bar.

Everyone we encountered was very friendly, and it was easy to walk to all the uptown locations...and also an easy drive to many locations farther out of the area.

If I needed to return to Charlotte, I would not hesitate to stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. My only recommendations to the hotel would be to update the hallway decor. Also, some of the furniture is starting to show some wear with a few chips in the finish. It would also be VERY nice to include internet cost in the price, especially given the price of parking. Finally, we did struggle a little with the heating system. We had to learn to crank it up to a supposed 77 degrees on the thermostat to keep the room warm during the cool evenings, even though we usually keep the home thermostat on about 72. In other words, the thermostat in the room was a bit off.

Overall, however, this was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Great view on floor 19!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NC_Rambler
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear NC_Rambler, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am truly glad you enjoyed our hotel and all the amenities we and the uptown Charlotte area have to offer. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have visited Charlotte many many times and this was my first stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City, I usually stay at a Marriott or the Westin. I shall say my stay was awesome from check in to check out! I arrived to the friendly staff taking my luggage with a smile, check in was quick and easy with cookies in the lobby :). I got to my room and although a bit smaller than expected, it was perfect!! I stayed for 3 nights and never had a major problem, the only issue was the noisy neighbors and the thin walls, but noisy neighbors were expected for this weekends events.

I loved that the lobby and restaraunt levels were never packed with people or out of control, this was always an issue at the Westin during CIAA weekend. The staff was always friendly. My friends and I enjoyed the lunch buffet on Saturday, the price was great and the food was yummy.

I plan on staying there again and again!! Great experience on a crazy busy weekend. The Hilton had it all under control! Oh and the location....awesome, walking distance to everything!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Jaime S., Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay over this past CIAA weekend. We absolutely love hosting the tournament in Charlotte and very glad to see it will be here for an additional 6 years! I will be happy to share all your comments with our team and we hope to see you again over the next 6 years!

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Midwest ice and snow cancelled over 4000 flights yesterday. My wife and I scheduled this hotel on line and took a cab ($25 each way a little pricey). It was well worth the additional cost to have a nice place to wait out the weather, and a very helpful staff willing to go out of their way to help us with no luggage or toiletries. A young lady at the front desk ( I believe named Lema) went out of her way to help. So if the management reads this please recognize her for such.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Stomer1, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I’m sorry you were stranded in Charlotte during the recent ice storm but thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding one of our team members. I will be sure to share this review with her and the entire front office team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte.