Hilton Charlotte Center City
$250
$227
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$96
$88
Travelocity
1,534 results
All reviewsthe executive loungewithin walking distanceself parkinglight railcity viewnascar hall of fameroom keybank of america stadiumhotel barcorner roomtime warner arenafront desk stafffitness centerthe room was nicevery nice hotelbusiness tripbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014

terrible hotel... they spray toxic cheap perfume in the rooms without consideration for persons who are sensitive and then have no way to fix the issue .....will NEVER stay there again even though it is very convenient for meetings.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Ben A., Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely that there was an odor in your room upon arrival. The air freshener we use is an odor capturing spray that is non-toxic and pH neutral with a very subtle smell. I’d also like to know if the desk offered to move you to another room that did not have this same issue. Any feedback you could provide me would be sincerely appreciated so I can be sure we provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations. I will also meet with my Executive Housekeeper and vendor where we purchase our spray to ensure our systems are set up to provide maximum efficiency and do not affect our guests negatively. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to earn back your trust on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a three day business trip. Overall we had a great experience. Very clean, comfortable , food was good and customer service was perfect. We would stay at this hotel again and recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear sandrakatanic, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay! It will be my pleasure to share you comments with our team here in Charlotte. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Felt a bit stiffed after I left. $16 for the breakfast buffet and $1.00 per hour parking. Then hit with a solicitation call from Hilton 2 days after I left. Room was small and had a broken fixture. Very noisy in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear AugWest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry that you did not feel you received a good value for your stay. Our buffet is very extensive with over 40 items and an omelet station. As for the parking, the garage is not part of the Hilton; it is owned and managed by the office building adjoining the hotel. We are constantly working with our partners to reduce the cost of parking so we can pass those savings on to our guests. In regards to the solicitation, I have forwarded your comments to Hilton Worldwide to investigate. You should not have received any phone calls from Hilton as we have a strict no solicitation policy so I can assure you Hilton will follow up with this. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again and give us an opportunity to earn back your trust.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Due to another winter storm in Charlotte, my company put me up here for two nights originally. My check-in was quick and easy even with only two hotel reservation people working. They gave me information and told me if I needed anything to let them know. The room was a nice size with two double beds, huge desk and a lounge chair. Big TV was hung on wall which was good to have during the storm when there was not much else to do in town. I ordered room service for dinner two nights and the food was pretty good (Salmon & Burger) and it came to room in 35 minutes after placing order. Due to the storm lingering, my company decided to let me add another night to my stay. This was done quite easily and efficiently by the hotel reservation staff and all I had to do was upgrade my room key.

Not everything went well by the end of my stay and some of it may have been due to the storm prevented all of the staff from working. I left my room the 2nd morning at 6am and did not return until almost 7pm. My room was not cleaned and I reported it to the front desk. They asked if I needed something and I said I was ok but it would have been nice if they offered to give some type of compensation like a "free" drink at the bar or something. Being a guest at the hotel, you have access to the YMCA fitness center on the 3rd floor. During my stay, it was closed so I never got to use the facility. It was too bad because it really looked nice and I would have enjoyed the workout. The other thing that is a bit annoying but understable in one way is that you need to put your room key in the slot in elevator for it to go to the floor your room is located. I appreciate the security effort but when 10 people are in the elevator and need different flooors it is a bit of a hassle. Finally, my room was billed $25 for using the valet parking when I did not have a car parked in the hotel. Thankfully, the front desk handled it quickly and item was not on final bill.

I rated this hotel as average due to the problems mentioned above and some of that was probably caused by the winter storm. While at this time I had to rate my experience as average, I think if I stayed again during a more normal situation it would probably get a very good rating the next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Bob D., Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. Like your company, we also had issues with getting team members to work due to the road conditions and the 9 inches of snow we received in the uptown Charlotte area. We rarely receive this type of snow so when it occurs it puts a strain on the entire city. Unfortunately we did have limited housekeeping services during this time due to the staffing levels and our hotel being sold out. This is not in any way ideal and very disappointing for the entire team here. We strive to provide 4-Diamond service that has made Hilton synonymous with great service for decades. I am sincerely sorry for your experience and hope the next time you’re staying in the uptown Charlotte area you will give us another opportunity to see what we are capable of.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Overall, it was a good experience. The location was excellent. I had to walk only a block to get to the Convention Center. Although there was a crowd at the State Executive Committee Meeting (Democrats), I had no problem with parking. Based upon my previous day for an early check in, the desk had already processed my room at noon Saturday. There was a slight odor in the room when I arrived late that afternoon following a 4-hr meeting. However, it cleared up after running the central air system for a few hours. The breakfast choices were good but too much fat in the link sausage. I didn't turn in my key to the front desk because I needed it to use in lobby elevator to reach the garage level. However, I called the front desk as I rushed to church and they performed the checkout. The staff was very cooperative during my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear William F., Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay but I am truly sorry that the room wasn’t in perfect condition upon your arrival. Our team is very proud of our 4-Diamond service and accommodations and I am sincerely sorry we did not meet our expectations. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.