“Our visit to Charlotte”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #30 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the location is wonderful if your interested in seeing the city. Everything is in walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. I did think the price was a bit high for the accommodations, but overall was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Morgan S, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Lisa L: Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was happy to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful and that you enjoyed our Center City location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! All the best.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A must stay location. I have stayed at many hotels in the area and find this to be the best overall bang for the buck. and the staff are awesome.Close to every thing you want to do. If you go on a football weekend you may get to see the other teams players.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Art H: It was great to hear that you found our hotel to be the “best overall bang for the buck” in the Charlotte area. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We hope to have you return to our hotel soon! All the best.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Charlotte City Center for a business trip, and I have stayed here at least a half-dozen times over the past 5 years. One of the things I like is the convenient access to the YMCA which is adjacent to the hotel. You can access it from the hotel's third floor. The guest rooms are clean and good-sized, mine had a very nice flat screen with HD reception, a nice feature. The hotel is in a great location, centrally-located in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of numerous restaurants, businesses, and attractions such as the NASCAR museum and Bank of America stadium where the Panthers play. I can recommend this hotel for business travelers and families looking to experience Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank msh305

Msh305: Thank you very much for being a repeat guest, and for your loyalty. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that you would recommend our hotel for business travelers as well as families. We look forward to having you stay with us again. All the best!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I were here the weekend of Oct 19th 2013 and we were extremely happy with this hotel. Location was ideal to everything downtown. We walked everywhere. rooms was super nice for the money

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Maureen B: Thank you for staying with us in October, and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor! It was awesome to hear that you were extremely happy with our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. All the best!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the Hilton that is closest to my office in downtown Charlotte. I had been urging friends and associates to use it for several years, but this was the first time I used it due to a meeting. The common areas of the hotel are very nice and the physical facility is quite attractive. The meeting space is good and well managed. In fact, I would say that the F&B is the best part of this franchise. Our meals for our meeting were well done, attactive and plentiful. Unfortunately, my issues were on the rooms side. On check in I was given room 1215. After carting everything upstairs, my key did not work. I went back to the front desk. The lady there told me that it was likely that the battery in the door was going out. If I had any further issues, I could call on the house phone in the elevator lobby and someone would be right up. I received my key and went up to my room. Later that night, after a large meal and several drinks, I want back to my room and the key would not work again. So, I did as directed--called on the house phone. And waited...and waited...and waited for 20 minutes until a very slow-moving security person tottered up the hall. I remarked that "I am not happy about how long this took you to come up..." All I got was a shrug. While I got into my room, the security person and her supervisor messed with the door for most of another 30 minutes. Then they left and came back another 30 minute later with a replacement key. All I wanted by that point was to go to bed. My perception was that they did not care. It was not a problem they could easily solve. They did not apologize or give me any idea of how long their repairs would take. No manager called. In short--annoying, slow, uncaring service for something we take for granted--coming in and going out of our room. The room was fine--very nice, in fact. But the experience ruined by what I think must be an ongoing problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear jgwynn – Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am very glad to see you enjoyed the food & beverage that the hotel offered for your meeting. Our F&B team is extremely proud of their quality of work and this shows in their care and presentation for our guests for each and every event we host.
I am sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your lock. I can assure you that this is not typical and I am extremely disappointed to hear the staff’s reaction and lack of response to fix the problem. I will communicate this to our chief engineer and director of security to ensure this type of problem does not happen again in the future.
I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend here while in town to see a Panther game. I was most impressed by the courteous front desk staff, and the lovely bartender. Both went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was well appointed and spotless!!
We will return each time we visit Charlotte. Love it!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan S, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

TaoFrisco_NC: Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for sharing your feedback! It was great to hear that you will stay with us again next time your travels bring you to Charlotte. All the best!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed hear for a 3 day trip to Charlotte and wanted to be able to walk most everywhere. The Hilton is conveniently located within a 5 minute walk to most areas in downtown Charlotte. The hotel is a little outdated but the rooms are very modern. I especially like the YMCA fitness center (connected to hotel near lobby) which is the gym you get to use by staying here. We went to the Giants/Panthers football game and the hotel wass full of football fans and an easy walk to the game.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Matthew N: Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Charlotte! I’m glad that you enjoyed our convenient Center City location as well as the YMCA connected to our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again next time your travels bring you to Charlotte. All the best!