“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, United States
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Overall The Hilton Charlotte City Center was good experience. The lobby was nice and hotel room was clean, though average. The housekeeping service was really nice and free water was great. The hotel allowed me to store my bags after checkout so I could explore the city which was nice. The hotel was conveniently located near the Convention center, stadium and public transportation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Lajuana W
Morgan S, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Lajuana W: Thanks for your review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our convenient center city location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cold Spring, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 20 times. My stay is always excellent and this stay was no different. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable, the service is great. The only issue I ever experience at this hotel is a slow check in. I always seem to arrive when they are busy or they are always busy. If they could improve the speed of the check in the hotel would be exceptional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Brian M
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Brian M., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are extremely glad to have you stayed with us so many times! Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and the rooms. I will be sure to communicate this to the entire team during our weekly meetings. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for couple of nights to attend a conference at the hotel's facilities. Rooms are nice. Location is great...right in the center of downtown with lots of place to got eat. The gym was phenomenal. All in all it was a good stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank coldinNH603
Dear coldinNH603: Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the gym to be phenomenal. Hope you enjoyed the conference! All the best.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The rooms are much better than they appear from the hallways. The lobby is welcoming and staff is polite. Great location, close to EVERYTHING you need downtown! Our stay was a bit noisy, but I would blame the girls in the hall more than the hotel. I wish they offered a complimentary breakfast or an airport shuttle, but I guess that's reserved for a perfect world. Besides, the price is good and free wi-fi is always a plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank 81TeaBird
Dear 81TeaBird, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the team here and the hotel. We are extremely proud of our hotel and your words support that. I am sorry to hear that your room was a bit noisy; we do have a 24 hour security team that walks the hotel to ensure our guests have a quite and relaxing stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel offers a perfectly fine option for downtown Charlotte. I don’t have anything particularly great to say, but likewise I have no complaints either.

My room was large enough, stylish, and modern and had everything I need (inroom ironing facilities, wifi, a good-size work desk etc…).

Easy and convenient 5min walk to the Convention Centre… although it is an outdoor walk so consider the weather. Also a very short walk to lots of dining options and the NASCAR museum.

Onsite and undercover parking facilities available.

Free wireless internet for handheld devices and laptops. My coverage and speed was always good in the guest rooms and public areas.

My only disappointment was with the gymnasium. There is no onsite gym, but hotel guests receive complimentary visits to the YMCA gym (attached via skybridge). However, I wanted to workout on a Sunday, and the YMCA gym is closed on Sunday!

Because of the location and nice rooms, I would recommend this place, and I would choose to stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear manasicaje, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad to see you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities and proximity to the convention center and other sites in the Charlotte uptown area. I understand you’re disappointed in the limited weekend hours of the YMCA. The Y is about to undergo a major renovation. During this time it will still be open for normal business hours and our guests will be minimally affected. We are hoping when they are completed with their renovations they will be extending their hours on weekends so our guests can take full advantage of this incredible fitness facility. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything a Hilton has to offer, better guest services and accommodations than most Hilton's or grand Hyatt. Location is excellent and the staff highly professional and skilled at customer relations. The only complaint is the price of sundries. A little steep $6 per small water.

Very clean, odor free and terrific food! Loved it!

Room Tip: Stay away from the backside air conditioners. They never turn off. Face the west or north. Upper roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris M., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team here. We are very excited to receive such reviews and I will be sure to communicate this to the team. In regards to the water, I am unsure as to what you would be referring to. We offer complimentary water in our guest rooms for all our guests. Please feel free to contact me at Lee.Taintor@hiltoncentercity.com and let me know where you purchased water for $6.00 so I can be sure to address this with our team. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was here for a weekend wedding. The room was perfect! Comfy bed, clean, and quiet. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown Charlotte and there were several good restaurants and bars near by. Hotel was also close to a little park where you can go enjoy an outdoor lunch while soaking in the sun!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Morgan S, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear cindyy0424: Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor! It was great to hear that the room was perfect and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you return soon. All the best!