“Great Location - No Pool for Children Until Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Charlotte Center City

Hilton Charlotte Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 East Third Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #49 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Location - No Pool for Children Until Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great location for access to Times Warner Arena & Convention Center; Hotel was very clean; People were very nice; Please be advised that while guests have access to YWCA pool from the lobby, children (under 16) are not allowed to swim until the weekend (Check hotel for exact hours).

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Saaisalle:

I am glad to hear that you were overall happy with your stay. We are extremely fortunate to have the location we have in uptown Charlotte. Being one block from Time Warner Cable Arena and the convention center and 2 great points of interest for a lot of our guests and I am very happy to hear you were able to enjoy the city!

In regards for the pool, we do have access to the YMCA for all of our guests to use during their stay, however during the week the pool is closed for children. However, we do have a partnership with an area aquatic center that we can offer to our guests during the week at no cost. I will be sure to speak with the Guest Service Team to ensure they are all aware of this and are offering this to our guests who stay with us mid week with Children.

I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Korean first
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for business and had two different rooms. My first room was on a lower floor and smelled like smoke and was noisy. The second night I had a higher floor with great room at end of the hall way. It was awesome! Each night I had room service. I recommend the cheese plate and creme brûlée. Having a YMCA to use was awesome. I worked out twice a day loved having a gym larger than most hotel gyms. The staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay here again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear ilvshoeslane: Thank you for staying with us and for your review! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your room on the higher floor and that you loved using the YMCA. I apologize that the first room you were assigned smelled of smoke and was noisy. We are a smoke-free hotel, so I am disappointed to hear that someone might’ve smoked in a room. I will share your comments with our housekeeping team, and remind them to address any smells in our guestrooms immediately. We look forward to your return in the near future! All the best!
Whidbey Island, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm flying back to Seattle from a business trip to NC and had to take a few minutes to commend the fine team working at the Hilton Charlotte Center City on East Third. EVERYONE I met on staff was over the top genuinely friendly and helpful. I travel a LOT and this was the most welcoming across the board hotel team I've ever met in my career.
Towards the end of my work week I approached the front desk person Chelsea about using some of my Hilton points to host local relatives the last night of my stay so we could all get up early and visit Discovery Place and IMAX before my afternoon flight. I was hoping to book two rooms for them that connected so the two children could have a two-queen room connected to a Jr. Suite with a King bedroom for their parents. Chelsea walked me thru exactly what to book on the Hilton Honors site using my points and then she personally went up to the 18th floor to look at the rooms herself to be absolutely sure they were what we had in mind--- then she put a block on them for us. Over the top!
Every room service server was kind and cheerful and the kitchen was careful to never put gluten on my plates (allergic.) The valets were the best, patient with directions and so genuinely welcoming. This morning Purcell tucked us into a town car for the quick trip to Discover Place as the children had forgotten to bring coats. (It is otherwise walkable.) He was so cordial that my relatives thought we were long-time friends. I stay Hilton about three weeks/month and have seen a wide range of service levels...these folks rock. The hotel itself and rooms are clean and spacious with all the requisites: plenty of electrical outlets where you want them, good desk/chair/lighting, comfortable bed, great towels, good water pressure. I travel enough to frankly expect those physical basics from a Hilton banner. But the attitude of the staff cannot be created by a hotel designer. Kudos to the leadership fostering the welcoming culture at this property. Thanks to them this is my go-to hotel in Charlotte and I'll be telling everyone I know who travels to that market.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny with spacious bathrooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear drea389: Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback! It was wonderful to hear about your experiences with our team. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, and celebrate Chelsea and Purcell in particular for their genuine warmth & hospitality. We look forward to your return to our hotel in the near future! All the best!
Monroe, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Make sure you always check your receipt before leaving. We went to 2nd Chance Prom with another couple, but stayed in two seperate rooms. At check-in we told the lady we had rode together to only be charged one $18 parking fee. After we left the next day on the way home we compared receipts and BOTH of us were charged $18.00 parking fee. Called the hotel and they would not do anything due to we had already left the hotel. ALWAYS CHECK RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TPolk:

I am sincerely sorry for the double posting on the parking charges. I am absolutely sorry that when you noticed the double charge the guest service agent was not willing to help you. I will be sure to communicate with the team member and ensure that they are empowered and have the tools and training to exceed our guest’s expectations. I will also review your bill and remove any double postings.

I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us the opportunity to earn back your trust. We are extremely proud of our 4-Diamond service and accommodations and would love the opportunity to show you why the Hilton Charlotte Center City has been a 4-Diamond property for over 10 years.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed one night on drive back home from Orlando. I booked this hotel, as I usually like Hilton's and am an HHonors member.
Check in was fine, however we were given no overview of hotel or facilities. We had our kids with us, and had to ask about restaurant and pool. Pool closed early at 8 pm.
Restaurant was ok, no kids menu! Or if there was, we did not receive one. It was late, we were hungry. Service was slow and waitress was rude.
Biggest complaint - we were told by Valet that it was a SECURED parking lot. We took that to mean it was not only owned by Hilton, but that it was underground or 'safe'. It is NOT. As the St. Patrick's parade was the day of our check out, we had to follow the Valet guy out to get our car as streets were blocked off. Car was in an OPEN lot, by a train track! Not what I call secure, considering we'd left some luggage in there.
Room was noisy. I know hotel can't help the outside street noise, but there were people making a lot of noise and fuss in the hallways. Also, clock in the room was not changed to reflect daylight savings, which happened a week prior. Couldn't figure out how to change clock so I left it but as no one had been in our room for about a week, would have preferred one not right by the elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear MelMo10:

I would like to sincerely apologize for the guest service agent not explaining any of the amenities or features of our hotel. I will be sure to follow back with the guest service agent to ensure they are explaining all of the services and amenities our hotel has to offer.

In regards to the valet lot, our lot is extremely secure. We have in place a very extensive security protocol for our valet lot. I am extremely sorry we were not able to pull the car around for you. Due to the St. Patrick’s Day parade the front entrance of our hotel was closed for a few hours and during this time we did have to escort guests to the lot.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I would recommend if attending concert at TWC Arena. Rooms are nice, staff is pleasant. My only note is to those walking to the arena. If you leave by the back doors, you'll have to skirt the entire hotel to get back in. We were there during the St. Patty's Day celebrations (done on a Saturday), so, the streets were full that late in the evening, but, other than this bit of worry, ,our stay was great.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have a great layout with a chaise lounge and a huge desk!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ctofine
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear ctofine: Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments! It was great to hear that you found our rooms to be nice and our staff pleasant. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding accessing our hotel at night. At around 11pm every night, we lock all entrances to the hotel except for the main entrance on the first floor, and this is to ensure the safety of our employees and guests. We hope to welcome you back soon! All the best!
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed her recently to go to the P!nk concert. Was a perfect location, just a few blocks from the arena. You could tell that this is an older hotel, fixtures were a bit worn and decor needed updating. Thought it was odd that there was no mini-bar/fridge in the room. But over all a nice place to stay in a good location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Dear lalouque: Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! Hope you enjoyed the Pink concert! It was great to hear that you enjoyed our location and that you found our hotel to be a nice place to stay. I wanted to let you know that we have mini fridges available upon request. If you let our Front Desk know that you would like a mini fridge in your room, we would be happy to accommodate you. We hope to have you return to our hotel in the near future! All the best!