We stayed at this Hilton while coming through Charlotte during the Christmas Shopping Holiday. The location downtown is great and easy to get to.
The room that we had was fine, although I thought it was a tad small - maybe this was due to it being a corner room and shaped oddly. The bathroom, while workable, was small.
As far as the actual sleeping aspect of the room, the bed was great. Comfortable and clean and the room was quiet.
We had breakfast downstairs the next morning and it was fine. Standard breakfast buffet. Friendly service.
Two oddball things I points I'll mention...
(1) I'm not some sort of weirdo clean freak, but I do travel around 50-60% of the year so I'm no stranger to hotels. At least on our floor, the room service trays of our various neighbors were never picked up. We checked in around 6pm and when we arrived to our room, there were two or three trays in the hallway. Around 8pm we went out for dinner and when we came back around midnight, the trays were still there. The next morning on our way to breakfast, the trays were still there. When we are checking out and housekeeping is on the hallway, the trays are still there. Kind of hilarious. It's obvious staff was on our hallway during this time (our bill was slid under our door for instance) and funny that no one on the staff cleared the trays out.
(2) When we booked the room, my lovely wife reserved a room on the executive level of the hotel (I believe that is what it's called). Apparently the rooms were bigger or fancier or contained executives. Not sure. Bottom line: we paid extra for it.
Upon checking in, we were told that the floor with those types of rooms was totally booked with an event. No big deal - it happens.
What I found kind of funny was the way they handled it: to make up for the lack of fancy room, they would offer us two free appetizers at the restaurant on site - but still charge us the same rate. What? After questioning this, the desk clerk said she could adjust the rate down (um, yea) and she did. What is once again hilarious was their initial plan: "Oh, let's give them a free appetizer at the restaurant and still charge them the original price". Ha. We were having a very long dinner at the Fig Tree that night... "Honey, instead of having a fancy appetizer with our dinner at the Fig Tree, let's get the jalapeño poppers at the hotel restaurant!"
To summarize. The Hilton Center City hotel is fine - no major qualms. Clean and quiet. I come to Charlotte from time to time for business and actually stay at the Westin that is around the corner. That's a very nice hotel (huge and nicely appointed rooms) for around the same amount of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at the Hilton Charlotte Center City hotel and enjoy our downtown location. Our Charlotte hotel is situated in the heart of the city across from the Charlotte Convention Center, within walking distance to restaurants, entertainment, and museums. Travel to the hotel from Charlotte/Douglas International Airport in just 15 minutes. Maintain fitness regimens at the local YMCA Health Club featuring the latest cardiovascular equipment, exercise classes and an Olympic-sized lap pool. Wind down in the hotel at the Coastal Bar, enjoying the atmospheric lighting and innovative cocktails. Dine in the Coastal Kitchen restaurant serving American classics with a new Southern twist. Retire to a contemporary Guest room featuring the latest multimedia technology on the 42-inch plasma TV. Get down to business at the work desk with an ergonomic chair or simply relax on the comfortable bed. Choose an executive room or suite for more space, great views of the city, and Executive Lounge privileges including a complimentary breakfast and drinks and snacks in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Charlotte Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Charlotte Center City Hotel Charlotte
- Hilton Hotel Charlotte
- Charlotte Hilton