“Terrible service”

Ranked #30 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Terrible service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel has the worst service of any Hilton I have ever stayed out, no Valet or Bellman would ever respond. The elevators were torn up, front desk would not answer phones. Just all around bad. Ordered some Sprite from Room Service for my Diabetic son, took forever.

• Stayed October 2012
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Jerd57: I am terribly sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. Our brand promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for and I apologize for the delay in our service. Our hotel standard is to always have a bell or valet team members available in the lobby but at times when it is busy they may all be assisting guests at the same time. I want to also apologize that your room service order took so long. Please in the future, let our team member know of your son’s condition. I am certain if my team members were aware of your son’s condition, they would have delivered your order before other orders that were ahead of your order. We clearly missed the mark on all accounts this time. I will address your feedback with my team so that we can make improvements and live up to our brand promise. Your feedback will help us be the best we can. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Hilton was located in a very good area to attend a convention. Just across the street from the Charlotte Convention Center. But it was expensive. Within walking distance of the Nascar Hall of Fame (one block) This Hilton had a restaurant and room service. We tried both. Food was good but the choices were limited and expensive. Not impressed with check-in. Staff was friendly but no one to help with bags. Cleaning staff left dirty glasses from the night before in our room, we thought we would get new ones. Elevators were slow. We did not rent a car so we took a taxi from the airport and used the hotel's towncar back to the airport, both were $25.00 one way. (15 min ride) Other restaurants were within walking distance, Morton's Steak House, Ruth's Chris, McCormicks....nice clean city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rose57: Thank you for staying with us during your recent convention in our city. I regret that we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected. We are constantly updating our menu offerings and your comments regarding variety & pricing will be taken into consideration. Your feedback regarding the guest service upon check-in and our cleaning staff will be addressed as well. I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stay whenever I'm in Charlotte since it is super convenient for my business there. It is pretty non-descript on the outside. Also standard Hilton fare on the inside. But I appreciate the consistency- free wifi for Hilton Honors members is a nice touch. The rooms are comfortable though certain rooms can be noisy (elevators, doors slamming, loud voices carrying). Room service options disappoint- I'd appreciate healthier fresher fare. Complimentary use of the YMCA is great- a nice gym with an indoor pool. Good way to end a busy work day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gsimon, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Doughly: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! I was glad to hear that you stay with us whenever you are in Charlotte and that you enjoy the complimentary use of the 50,000 sq. ft. gym/pool at the YMCA adjoining our hotel. We have recently completed installing new door closers for all our guest room doors that should reduce some of the noise level in the guest room hallways. I have talked with our Chef and he will look to supplement our room service menu with additional healthy items. Our current menu has several healthy menu options including six salad dishes, a veggie burger and two fish dishes. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Lake Geneva, WI
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days while on a business trip. Super clean, modern room, with great furnishings and a COMFY bed! I slept very well here, which is so important. Nice staff and amazing location. You can walk to shopping, dining, etc. Great in hotel dining as well - the BLTA was awesome!

• Stayed September 2012
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear sage_brown: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree - the BLTA is excellent. We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte! All the best!
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for last nights Panthers vs Giants football game. The rate here was $279/night and I booked 4 rooms.
We arrived at 5pm, stood in line, and reached the front desk to find no rooms were ready. I asked why and the response I got was that she was here since 4am and they were sold out last night. Huh? I asked how long and she said maybe an hour and took my phone number. I told her we had restaurant reservations at 6:30 and we needed to change clothes.
We went up to the bar with was 3/4 full. After 10min a waitress came by and took our drink order. She came back with 3 drinks and said they were changing kegs. 15 min later while my friends were on second drink she brought mine. At 6:10 I had to chase her to the back to get the bill because she never came back to the table. Her answer was we are running out of everything.
I went back to the front desk which was 20 people deep after getting no call. I went straight to the front as I saw them giving out keys to people. I said I'm I DIAMOND member and need the rooms. She said maybe she could give me 1. What? Meanwhile they were handing out other keys.
We had to check in at midnight. I got the room which was about 80 degrees and the TV wasn't working (flashing and distorted).
At 8am housekeeping banged on the door and woke me up. Really?
This is by far the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Jeff: We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. As you were probably were aware the New York Giants football team stayed with us and with their late checkout it resulted in many guests waiting past the check-in time of 3:00pm to get into their guest room. We had every available team member including myself up cleaning rooms to get the rooms ready as quickly as possible. I would like for you to know that we have addressed our entire staff in regards to the level of service that you received as it was unacceptable. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I apologize that we did not meet this objective with your stay. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2012

To all you normal people with a normal budget this hotel is not for you. I'm a contractor in Afghanistan for the US Military and wanted to splurge on my wife for her 25th birthday since I would not be home. So I did and got her and her friends a $300 room. My wife went to dinner and later on that night wanted to warm up her food. Guess what?, there aren't any microwaves in the room! I can't believe a $300 room without a microwave. I called the staff and explained to them our situation and they refused to help us after buying a $300 room! They don't give you a microwave because they're trying to make you buy room service. To all you normal people out there, do not go to the Hilton in uptown Charlotte.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dennis R
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Dennis – I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Although we did not have microwaves for our guest rooms one of my team members should have offered to heat your food. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize that we do not offer microwaves in our guestroom, and that your wife’s birthday wasn’t what you expected. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you once again for your comments.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for just one night after the DNC. It was very quiet, super comfortable bed, everyone and everything was calm. I think everyone in Charlotte was happy the convention was over, even though it was sure a lot of fun!

Nice, comfortable room, loved the fainting couch and wifi.
Super convenient location in a city center where everything is super convenient!

we did not get up early enough for breakfast as we were meeting friends for brunch - but my husband went for a cup of coffee and said the breakfast included anything you'd want to eat - complimentary on the executive floor

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear suttercreek: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! So glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte! All the best!