“Good choice for business in uptown”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #31 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stay whenever I'm in Charlotte since it is super convenient for my business there. It is pretty non-descript on the outside. Also standard Hilton fare on the inside. But I appreciate the consistency- free wifi for Hilton Honors members is a nice touch. The rooms are comfortable though certain rooms can be noisy (elevators, doors slamming, loud voices carrying). Room service options disappoint- I'd appreciate healthier fresher fare. Complimentary use of the YMCA is great- a nice gym with an indoor pool. Good way to end a busy work day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
gsimon, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Doughly: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! I was glad to hear that you stay with us whenever you are in Charlotte and that you enjoy the complimentary use of the 50,000 sq. ft. gym/pool at the YMCA adjoining our hotel. We have recently completed installing new door closers for all our guest room doors that should reduce some of the noise level in the guest room hallways. I have talked with our Chef and he will look to supplement our room service menu with additional healthy items. Our current menu has several healthy menu options including six salad dishes, a veggie burger and two fish dishes. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days while on a business trip. Super clean, modern room, with great furnishings and a COMFY bed! I slept very well here, which is so important. Nice staff and amazing location. You can walk to shopping, dining, etc. Great in hotel dining as well - the BLTA was awesome!

• Stayed: September 2012
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear sage_brown: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree - the BLTA is excellent. We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte! All the best!

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for last nights Panthers vs Giants football game. The rate here was $279/night and I booked 4 rooms.
We arrived at 5pm, stood in line, and reached the front desk to find no rooms were ready. I asked why and the response I got was that she was here since 4am and they were sold out last night. Huh? I asked how long and she said maybe an hour and took my phone number. I told her we had restaurant reservations at 6:30 and we needed to change clothes.
We went up to the bar with was 3/4 full. After 10min a waitress came by and took our drink order. She came back with 3 drinks and said they were changing kegs. 15 min later while my friends were on second drink she brought mine. At 6:10 I had to chase her to the back to get the bill because she never came back to the table. Her answer was we are running out of everything.
I went back to the front desk which was 20 people deep after getting no call. I went straight to the front as I saw them giving out keys to people. I said I'm I DIAMOND member and need the rooms. She said maybe she could give me 1. What? Meanwhile they were handing out other keys.
We had to check in at midnight. I got the room which was about 80 degrees and the TV wasn't working (flashing and distorted).
At 8am housekeeping banged on the door and woke me up. Really?
This is by far the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Jeff: We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. As you were probably were aware the New York Giants football team stayed with us and with their late checkout it resulted in many guests waiting past the check-in time of 3:00pm to get into their guest room. We had every available team member including myself up cleaning rooms to get the rooms ready as quickly as possible. I would like for you to know that we have addressed our entire staff in regards to the level of service that you received as it was unacceptable. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I apologize that we did not meet this objective with your stay. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

To all you normal people with a normal budget this hotel is not for you. I'm a contractor in Afghanistan for the US Military and wanted to splurge on my wife for her 25th birthday since I would not be home. So I did and got her and her friends a $300 room. My wife went to dinner and later on that night wanted to warm up her food. Guess what?, there aren't any microwaves in the room! I can't believe a $300 room without a microwave. I called the staff and explained to them our situation and they refused to help us after buying a $300 room! They don't give you a microwave because they're trying to make you buy room service. To all you normal people out there, do not go to the Hilton in uptown Charlotte.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dennis R
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Dennis – I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Although we did not have microwaves for our guest rooms one of my team members should have offered to heat your food. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize that we do not offer microwaves in our guestroom, and that your wife’s birthday wasn’t what you expected. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for just one night after the DNC. It was very quiet, super comfortable bed, everyone and everything was calm. I think everyone in Charlotte was happy the convention was over, even though it was sure a lot of fun!

Nice, comfortable room, loved the fainting couch and wifi.
Super convenient location in a city center where everything is super convenient!

we did not get up early enough for breakfast as we were meeting friends for brunch - but my husband went for a cup of coffee and said the breakfast included anything you'd want to eat - complimentary on the executive floor

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear suttercreek: Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! So glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte! All the best!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After a long hectic, wild week at the DNC convention in Charlotte, this Hilton is what a doctor would recommend for a great wind down, pampering experience.

Located in the heart of downtown next to the Convention Center. This a a grand, quality, classy hotel: Exactly what you expect from a Hilton.

Checkin was a breeze. Free Wi-Fi for Hilton members, parking is $18 per night, Free wonderful Fitness center(owned and operated by YMCA). Rooms are wonderfully designed: Comfy bed, great work space, 50" LCD TV. Bathroom is comfortable and very classy.

Charlotte Nightlife is a short walk, 2 blocks away. Highly recommend this Charlotte Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear AAGreenTech: Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during the DNC (what an exciting time!), and for sharing your feedback! I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to have you stay with us again! All the best!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

very efficient, clean and great location. The breakfast was very fulfilling and offered a wide variety of choices. Check-in was a snap and I even was able to receive an upgrade to a suite just by asking.
I would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Orangelacrosse: Thank you for staying with us and for your review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to have you stay with us again! All the best!