Hilton Charlotte Center City
$135
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$99
$81
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$149
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$189
$161
1,559 results
All reviewsthe executive loungewithin walking distanceself parkinglight railcity viewnascar hall of fameroom keybank of america stadiumhotel barcorner roomtime warner arenafront desk stafffitness centerthe room was nicevery nice hotelbed was comfortablebusiness trip
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I spent 2 nights with the family 2 young boys and my wife in Charlotte and we picked this hotel because it's proximity to local attractions.

The good: Awesome location --- The hotel in in an excellent location, close to Nascar of Fame, Discovery Place, City Center, museums, sports stadiums, all within walking distance.

Clean rooms, no musty smell, everything was very tidy and clean.

The bad - Very small rooms, no mini-refrigerators, $8 additional per person to use indoor pool (although description says indoor pool). The 2nd floor (restaurants, gift shop etc.) are not associated with hotel so no discounts. first floor lobby for a 4 star hotel looks uninviting and more like a 2 star hotel lobby.

Overall just plain average, a bit pricey given what you get even.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor at least 10+ to avoid seeing building directly in your view when facing the west side of the building.
2  Thank kick909
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, which is conveniently within walking distance of all that Uptown has to offer. I’m also pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and refreshing. Our 400 room hotel does offer various room layouts because of the design of the building and apologize that you found your particular room to be small. We have recently placed refrigerators in all of our Executive Level guest rooms and we do offer complimentary refrigerators upon request. The 2nd floor of the hotel is called our “Plaza” area and the “Coastal Kitchen & Bar” specializing in Southern/Coastal Cuisine is operated by our hotel; however the gift shop is operated by independent small business owners. Our Lobby is located on the ground level and we have made many enhancements during our renovation in 2008 -- I apologize that you found this to be uninviting and we will certainly take your comments into consideration for our next renovation.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

First, the good. Physically and visually, the hotel is very nice. The beds are comfortable, the TV large, the location good. My particular issue was with almost every encounter I had with the staff (with the exception of the valet attendants).

First, I had booked and pre-paid for one king room with valet parking. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told the valet lot was full. I politely made it clear we had already paid, and "we're full" was not acceptable. To their credit, they parked my car for me in the self-parking lot and gave me a ticket without a fuss.

When we got inside, we were told that there were no king rooms available, so we were getting two double beds. I stated that we had already pre-paid but to no avail. We went to the room, then down to the bar for a few drinks. One drink was easy to get. Me and the guy next to me practically had to shout at the bartender and ask for another beer (second beer of the night, so we were not being obnoxious and drunk) to be acknowledged. Later that night, I called the front desk to get a toothbrush and I had forgotten mine. I called once and it rang about 8 times. I hung up, and dialed again. The front desk lady picked up immediately and in a very annoyed tone, asked me how she could help. I was able to get a toothbrush.

Overall, the stay was pleasant, but in a Hilton, I just expect better service. Given the wide array of choices for hotels in the city center of Charlotte, many at good price points, I'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Don't pre-book your room, apparently.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with your valuable comments. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beds, our 42” HDTVs, the amenities and the location of our hotel. Also, I was happy to hear that our Valet staff took the opportunity to park your vehicle even though the valet lot was full. We receive great comments on our staff’s friendliness and helpfulness from our guests, but it seems that we failed you on this occasion. I would like to sincerely apologize for that. We try to accommodate all requests we receive from our guests regarding preferred bed type upon arrival, but sometimes we are unable to meet a request. I was disappointed to hear about your experience at the bar as well as with your request for a toothbrush. We will share your feedback with our team and make improvements.

I hope you give Hilton and our hotel another opportunity to share our passion with you as I am confident that we will meet and exceed your expectations in the future. Please feel free to contact me so I may personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is a nice hotel overall but does show it's age. We are Hilton Honors Gold and I was disapointed with the fact that we received no room upgrades even though the hotel was nowhere near capacity and according to the front desk staff, their were numerous rooms available on the executive floor. Our shower drain was stopped up and very slow to drain. I reported this twice to the front desk and although I can't say maintenance did not respond as we were gone during the day but the problem was not resolved and no one called to ask if it was ok which is not the norm when staying at a Hilton property. Breakfast buffet was awesome, the omeletes were excellent! The fitness center is part of a local YMCA and was closed which was a disapointment. Overall we had a great visit, just not pleased with the lack of an upgrade for being Honors Gold.

Room Tip: Be sure an ask for a city view!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with your valuable comments. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and our cooked-to-order omelets. The 50,000 sq.ft YMCA being connected to our hotel has been a source of much positive feedback; however, I do understand that the limited hours on weekends can be an inconvenience to our guests at times. We do offer passes to the Dowd YMCA on Sundays when the YMCA in our Hotel is closed.

In regards to the room and being a HHonors member, I sincerely apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We do value all of our HHonors members and accommodate upgrade requests when possible, as well as provide our Gold Members with Executive Lounge access, complimentary internet, and complimentary access to the adjacent YMCA. We truly value our HHonors members as well as recognize the importance of their specific preferences.

I hope you give Hilton and our hotel another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations in the future. Please feel free to contact me so I may personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed wiry my family at the Hilton for one night after a bobcats basketball game. The location is perfect and the rooms are big and clean. We got free room upgrades upon arrival and received free breakfast and free wine and cheese in the evening! Great stay!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Champagne512
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with your valuable comments.
I was happy to hear that you were pleased with the guestroom and that you enjoyed our location so close to many attractions like the Time Warner Cable Arena where the Bobcats play. I am glad that we were able to arrange an upgrade for you to our Executive Level, which offers a great selection of breakfast and appetizer options and that you enjoyed the private access and amenities. Again, we truly appreciate your comments, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed in Charlotte for the ACC Championship. The hotel was very busy but it did not distract from service levels. The wait staff was very attentive. The concierge services were outstanding . The wait staff arranged town cars for $3/person for our travel throughout town. The in house restaurant was great for breakfast. The room was generous in size ( 50 % larger than the rooms in NYC), large bath/shower, and a comfortable bed and chairs.The location of the hotel to stadium was almost as good as a parking garage for the Bank of America stadium. The EpiCenter that provided food and entertainment options was only a block away. Overall great staff,great location, great stay.

Room Tip: The valet parking is only seven dollars more than self park and well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! I was very pleased to hear that you had an outstanding stay and so many positive comments to share. Again, we truly appreciate your comments, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!