“Workout at the YMCA during your Stay!”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Workout at the YMCA during your Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

The hotel is terrific. Great food, fantastic location in Center City and the staff is very very nice. I loved that the YMCA is part of the facility, fully staffed and open at 5:00am - if time permits you can even take advantages of the great classes they offer!

Room Tip: If you're using GPS to get there - Make sure you call first. Sometimes Garmin won't find the...
1 Thank CatheAtlanta_GA
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed the 50,000 sq. ft. YMCA with state-of-the-art equipment, running track, and lap pool -- that the hotel offers. I have taken the morning exercise classes at the YMCA and as you said – they are great classes. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stayed here for a conference and the quality one associates/expects with Hilton was dead on. The room was well laid out, not dated, clean and daily housekeeping was excellent. The entire staff was very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Self parking charge of $18 daily was a little steep in my opinion...but easy to drive in/out. Located in beautiful downtown Charlotte, easy walking distance to small shops, restaurants and bars and attractions (NASCAR museum is less than three blocks away). Downtown area is very clean and safe walking during late evenings. Bus and rail transportation available nearby and reasonable. Was told that you can take rail to airport for $1.75 although we did not take advantage of it. Very enjoyable experience with the hotel, area, people and city. Southern hospitality is alive and well. Will stay here again next time we are in the area.

1 Thank zofoman
gsimon, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that your Housekeeping experience was excellent. I’m also so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Southern hospitality in our hotel and the city of Charlotte. Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Hilton Charlotte Center City your hotel of choice in the Charlotte area!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

This Hilton is a very clean and nice property. The front desk staff are very couteous. The executive lounge has a very basic free breakfast. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Also, this is connected to One Wells so it is very convienient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
gsimon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be very clean and our Front Desk team members to be very courteous. We are fortunate to be connected to the One Wells Fargo building, which is a perk for many of our business travelers. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here during the National Flute Association conference, the rooms were well appointed, clean, and spacious. However, the front desk staff was extremely cold and unfriendly at check in. I think they were flustered by the number of conference attendees. Some members of the conference couldn't get in their rooms until 8 pm. I did not ask for any special services and expected more, especially as a Hilton Honors gold member. The maintenance staff, concierge staff, housekeeping, and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. The pool and gym facilities are located in the YMCA, in the next building. Even though it is connected via an indoor walkway, it still necessitates bringing a gym bag full of gear to take a swim.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I was happy to hear that you found many of our staff members friendly and our rooms clean and spacious. I apologize that our front desk team members did not provide a warm “Hilton Welcome” and that some of the conference attendees had to wait for their guest rooms. We were sold out the evening prior to your arrival and it was difficult for our housekeeping team members to clean guest rooms because of numerous late departures. We hope the National Flute Association returns to Charlotte for their conference in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

First time at this Hotel:
Staff very friendly & helpful.
Food also very good on main level- Excelent Filet & Shrimp dinner.

Room Tip: I went through an agency
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your dinner in our Coastal Kitchen Restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
IAD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was locked up in garage elevator P1 for more than 10-20 minutes. Door won't open and then suddenly it went one level down while they working on it. Security guards open the door for me by hand. I notified FD but didn't hear back during my stay. Elevator went on service immediately after the incident. I got an impression that they didn't performing some maintenance. Peoples I talked to seem to be awared that issue. I was granted access to exec. lounge as a hh member. I tried both of breakfast and evening entree. I don't think it is worth to travel to lounge after swiping ten times each to access the lounge and my room. I don't know why my keys are not working correctly even after a reprogramming. Overall, don't use P1 elevator and staffs seemed uninterested.

1 Thank IADFlyer
I apologize for your experience in the parking garage elevators. The parking garage is not operated by our hotel having said that, it concerns me that the elevator in the garage was not operating correctly. I have contacted the property management company that is responsible for the elevator and also forwarded the letter you sent to my office regarding your experience. I am glad your were given access to our Executive Lounge, but apologize that you had difficulty accessing your guest room and the Executive Lounge. We hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

The facility is excellent, clean, good bath products. We took advantage of great amenities for Hilton Honors guests. The Hilton is conveniently located in downtown within a few blocks of the trains and a sports arena. The rooms were decorated in deep purple and bamboo green that "grows on you." We had a king sized bed in two room styles. The first was a typical squared room with a bathtub. The second was an irregularly shaped room that seemed to have a bit more room and a walk-in shower with glass doors. There was a flat screen TV with abundant recharging station and computer integration components. We had the benefits of free wifi, I do not know if that was a Hilton Honors benefit or standard. The beds had the european style double sheet folded over a down comforter. There were abundant pillows and the bedding was cushioned with a firm underlay. Both rooms and beds were pleasant and comfortable.

The fitness center and pool were across the second floor lobby in a YMCA. We did not use it but saw people working out through windows above.

The minor negatives: Located just past the corner of College on Third St., the entrance is congested and confusing. The driver is required to turn right across an fast moving exit lane from underground highway. The drive is shared with the entrance to the parking garage. On the occasions of two checkins, the bellmen were inside and there was no reception to assist with removing suitcases, opening doors, bringing carts, etc.. My advice would be to enter the drive, make a right turn into the ramp on the far left, stop in the drive and go check in immediately. At some point, a cart or bellman might appear or you can request assistance. It concerned me to see numerous parties fetch carts or remove suitcases and then be offered assistance to their rooms after the hard work was done. If you choose self park, you save 8 dollars and you will need to walk a fair distance. When you return to the hotel, you will be on the second level and can take an elevator at the right-far end of this lobby, past the bar to go up to your room or down to the lobby. For a short stay, I would recommend valet parking. For a woman traveling alone, I would definitely recommend valet parking. it appeared that car service was readily available with several cars for hire in the drive at most times.

Staying in the area:
For exiting the hotel to walk about downtown, we recommend taking the elevator to the second floor lobby and exiting into the courtyard on the right. (The main entrance has a narrow path and runs adjacent to a moderately steep highway ramp that ascends from underground. ) At the end of the courtyard, you will be on College Street. If you continue across 3rd St. and down College, you will first see Panera Bread and a host of restaurants and services in small courtyards and indoor malls in the following five blocks. There was a CVS in a small shopping area two blocks from the hotel. I did not find that there was much shopping available in the vicinity of the hotel. Since we had a car, we were directed to a very nice upscale mall (Southpark Mall) 15 minutes away.

The attitude of the front desk personnel varied from curt and officious to professionally accommodating. I found the mid-morning female desk clerk to be most helpful.

Our visit to Charlotte was definitely enhanced by the resources of the Hilton. I would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beds, the room layout and decoration, the amenities and the location of our hotel.
It’s great to hear what we do well and what we need to improve on. We do offer some great benefits if you are Hilton Honors member and do encourage all of our guests to enroll when they stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you were not greeted and assisted immediately upon your arrival as this is our standard. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we have the pleasure to serve you in the near future.