“Great Getaway”

Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Fort Mill, SC
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as a late Valentine's Day getaway and it was great. Close to the light rail and many resturants downtown. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. A nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tpwingo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I traveled to Charolotte to watch Miami vs Carolina and spent two great days at this hotel. It is located right in the heart of the city, almost everything was in walking distance. The staff and appearance of this place is outstanding. If you are going to visit Charlotte, I highly recommend this hotel. In my opinion 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We were in Charlotte for race weekend and could not have picked a better place to stay! The location was perfect to anything you could ever want or need in downtown Charlotte! It was close to bars, restaurants, and shopping which were all within walking distance. If you are in town for a Panthers game, this hotel is in a great location, only a few blocks from the stadium. The sports lounge inside the hotel was great and open late. We got back late one night and just wanted something light to eat, and Champs was the perfect place to go, and it was on site!! The only thing about the room I would have changed was to add a microwave and fridge because our left overs from the bar downstairs ended up going to waste....However, when I called and asked about a fridge the next morning, within 10 minutes they brought a loaner fridge to my room! Horse and buggy rides through the city departed from right in front of the hotel, so we took advantage of that as well. It was one of those trips that when we left we said "why didnt we come here sooner"!! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I've stayed at this property repeatedly on business over the last 10 years. Since August of this year, I've probably stayed 5-6 times. It's consistent -- but a few ups and downs.

Front desk is great. They are friendly and quick. They offer express checkin for Platinum members in peak hours.

Rooms are a little small, but functional. Recently redone, with new beds and large flat screen TVs. The Ipod docs in the clock radio are a plus to me --- i don't have to travel with my own any more! Generally, housekeeping does a good job -- attention to detail could be a little better, but no big things.

Room service is very hit or miss. Have had a number of issues with delivery time and temperature of food. You're probably better off finding something elsewhere --- even if it's downstairs at Champions -- who does a good burger.

Concierge Lounge is what sets this place apart. Staff is wonderful. They remember their guests, are incredibly friendly and always looking for ways to help. Quality / selection of food has gone down a little over the years, but service is still top notch.

This is usually my first choice in Charlotte (but I'm very much a Marriott person).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed September 16, 2009

An important business trip turned sour when I was told on arrival that the hotel had oversold and that because I was the last to arrive they had given my room away--a room I had reserved more than a month prior. Instead of putting me up at a comparable nearby hotel, they put me up in a smoking room at a crappy hotel where I got the worst night's sleep ever. Be warned.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Beautiful room, very clean hotel. Our view was not so good, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. We live in Charlotte and enjoyed our time uptown and the Marriott is very convenient to all the nice restaurants and bars. Very convenient to light rail, as well. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
roanoke, va
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We travel to Charlotte approximately 8 to 10 weekends a year. These are 2 to 4 night getaways for my husband and I. We consistently stay at the Charlotte Marriott Center City. The staff has always been attentive to both our needs and wishes. The location is prime and centrally located to all the event sites we include in our stays. We love this town and all it has to offer. We would never choose to stay anywhere else!

• Liked — Pristine comfort
  • Disliked — Everything is great!
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple