“Great location, very comfortable”

Charlotte Marriott City Center
Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
West Orange, New Jersey
“Great location, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here on business for two nights in May 2014. The room was comfortable and very clean – exactly what you’d want in a city Marriott. At check-in, the staff was very friendly and helpful. There are several on-site restaurants, and the hotel is right in the middle of town within walking distance to nearly everything. Wireless internet access is available for a fee. If I have to travel back to Charlotte, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Sylmar, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

That is what this hotel offers, along with all the great services and comfort and quiet rooms. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a smile and assistance. They removed our bags from our trunk, gave us bottled water, checked us in promptly, and escorted us, with our luggage, to our rooms, hassle free. A lot of little items are free, I needed a cork screw, which they provided for free, as we were going out for an outing, they gave us a small bottle water for free. The staff were always friendly and willing to help you.

Our room on the 8th floor, was very comfortable and the two queen-sized beds were great. It was quiet and restful.

But what I really enjoyed was that you are able to park your car in the underground garage at the premises and not have to worry about it. You are able to walk to all the sites in the area safely. We walked to the Music Factory to see a concert, the Mint Museum, and the NASCAR Hall of Frame in matter of minutes. Restaurants and bars are abundant, you will have no problem finding places to eat and/or drink.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gloria M
Wharton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and found the hotel to have a good set up when it comes to meeting space. I liked that all the meeting rooms were on the same floor and easily accessible, however some rooms were long and narrow and didn't accommodate our meeting needs the best. The event staff was very attentive and friendly and happily accommodated us when there were needs.

The hotel room was nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom in the room was little on the smaller side then some rooms I've stayed in prior for business but it worked for the time I was there. I liked having built in reading lights to the headboard of the bed and found that to be a nice touch.

The location of the hotel is good for those who want to walk to area attractions - we walked to the Charlotte Knights game and the NASCAR Hall of Fame with no issues. There are also a lot of bars and restaurants within in a short walking distance as well, however we enjoyed the Champs sports bar right in the hotel as well. Most of our attendees enjoyed the hotel and would recommend coming back again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 7th floor and although it did not offer a grand view it was quiet and the elevato...
Green Features: This hotel practices the green rule and will only wash towels/wash cloths if they are on the floor and will only change the sheets if requested.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cape Coral, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. The room was very comfortable and quiet. There had been a weeding reception earlier and when I arrived I thought, "Oh, no, this is going to be a noisy hotel. It wasn't. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here last week during a convention. It was a great place. I arrived late on a Saturday and was famished. I decided to try the hotel restaurant Savannah Red. I tried the salmon. It was really good. Best meal I had the whole time I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I arrived late Monday nite, exhausted. I had an excellent experience the minute I drove up! Valet unpacked my car while I checked in and had me to my room in minutes.
Cozy room awaited. Concierge lounge next morning went above -Beth was so kind to locate saltines as I woke up ill. Later room service sent me hot tea and a sweet note. I travel for work often. Being on the road ill is no fun but marriott staff ALL made a big difference!
The hotel itself is very nice. Starbucks on site. Restaurant was wonderful. Staff were all courteous and went a step above.

Stayed July 2014
Gary O, Manager at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Marytgg,
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Charlotte Marriott City Center. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hosts, guest amenities and accommodations.
Being sick while away from home is always difficult and I am so glad to hear that our hosts (and Beth specifically) were able to make your stay a little more comfortable.
It is very rewarding to hear such a positive feedback from you, especially since we pride ourselves in providing all of our guests with the best hospitality experience possible.
Thank you again and we look forward to host you again.
Best wishes,

Gary Oikemus
Director of Hotel Operations
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott downtown and the location was great the breakfast buffet was great an the staff was well great ! I would stay at this hotel again with out a hesitation. There were so many attractions within walking distance such as a plethora of restaurants, museums, art galleries and shopping venues.

Stayed April 2014