Charlotte Marriott City Center
  • Breakfast included
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsm clubcigar barthe concierge loungewithin walking distancevalet parkingstreet noisefitness centerself parkhotel restaurantrestaurants and barspanthers gamelobby areanascar hall of fameenjoyed my staystokehootersnetflix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located at N.Tryon and Trade Streets, The Marriott is at the center of UpTown and within walking distance of the new baseball park for the triple A Charlotte Knights and the Panther Football Stadium. All the fabulous restaurants are an easy walk from the hotel.

Cost to park at the hotel if staying here is $18 per day. The Marriott is an easy drive in from the airport and has long been one of the best places to stay in UpTown. The hotel has been updated and modernized and offers nice size rooms with 50" TV's, writing desks with multiple electric outlets and two speeds of internet connections.

It was easy for me to use Marriott Points to secure this room and we stayed here 2 nights. The staff is friendly and quite competent. A nice restaurant (Champions) is attached to the hotel and you can sign for F&B. Bathroom in the room is small with only a one-sink arrangement and a shower-tub combo. Room is bright and airy with pleasant wall coverings, but looks to be "pop-corn" type of ceiling. Room and hotel are very clean and the air in our room worked well and was very quiet.

Nice hotel----we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for Concierge level and a view of the new ball park. The concierge room has B'fast in the morning and appetizers in the late afternoon and beverages all day until 10pm.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthBay_Traveler
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was my first time to visit Charlotte. I went for a conference and the organizers picked the Marriott City Center as the location of the meetings. The staff at this hotel are very friendly. The room was clean. Great location in the middle of the city within walking distance to many nice shopping opportunities and restaurants. The meeting rooms were centrally located and easy to find. Overall very pleased with both the hotel and conference center.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MsJenni
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I would liked to have given this hotel 5 stars. The room was clean and comfortable with a great shower; the fitness center, pool and whirlpool very nice; and the service people were just great -- BUT, a hotel is primarily used for sleeping and this was made very difficult by the outside noise: on one side of our room was a screaming baby and a coughing father; on the other side was a group who talked and laughed til after 4 a.m. The hallway noise and ice machine were constant. If they cannot soundproof it any better, they should supply an ambient soothing noise unit to drown out the cries, laughs, shrieks, coughs, clinks, etc, etc. Bring ear-plugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Gary O, Manager at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking your time to review your experience during your stay at the Charlotte Marriott City Center. We appreciate your comments regarding the service provided by our staff and we regret to hear that the noise level during the night prevented you from getting a good night sleep. We are currently addressing the noise issues with appropriate members of our team and focusing on preventing such disturbances to happen in the future.
Again, thank you for your review and we do hope to host you again during your future travels.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Back to Charlotte for meetings and once again picked the Marriott City Center. The staff at this hotel are very friendly. Upon check in they are very helpful and didn't have to wait in line. My room was neat and clean as you would expect from Marriott. The location is perfect in the middle of the city. They have a Starbucks right next store and in the lobby (important to me). For a business traveler this is a great place to stay, quiet, clean and friendly. I will be going back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was in Charlotte for the first time for a 2 day work conference. This Marriott hotel was in a great location in the middle of the city. There was some amazing places to eat all within a few blocks, which was very convenient. The hotel itself didn't disappoint and held up the Marriott reputation of being an awesome hotel! I'm really big on sleep quality based on the beds and the beds in the hotel was amazing...very comfy and plush with a really nice and fluffy comforter. The entire hotel oozes with luxury from the lobby restrooms to ballrooms and all the common areas! Very nice. I also left my Coach eyeglasses and case in my room when I checked out. It took me 4 days to realize that my glasses were missing. I called the hotel and the housekeeping staff located my glasses and mailed them to me free of charge! I was super impressed with the level of customer service and integrity I received. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again even if I had to pay a bit more!! Worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business