“Nice hotel and location”

Charlotte Marriott City Center
Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Nice hotel and location”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great Marriott in a great location. Rooms are clean and nice, what you would expect from a 4 star Marriott. Nice lobby and coffee shop. Time Warner arena is just a short walk and an even shorter walk to a nearby entertainment complex with a movie theater, shops, casual and upscale dining, bars and everything you need. Great service, the only thing that was not so good was the room service food.

Room Tip: all rooms have some sort of city view so you can't go wrong
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff was exceptional but this hotel caters to people that are expensing everything out. No frig, no micro, expensive breakfast. Double beds really small for 2 adults. Pool looked great but didn't go in. My son used the small but good workout room. Excellent downtown location. The room was nice but nothing exceptional. DO NOT get a room that is above the main street. One nightclub and a Hooters were soooo loud and we were on the 10th floor!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to do a weekend trip to Charlotte for our anniversary and wanted something in the city. The location of the Marriott is really good as you have so much within walking distance of the hotel but don't expect to have any type of complimentary service. I'm used to staying in hotels that at least have some sort of complimentary breakfast like a Hampton, but that's not the case for the Marriott. Their breakfast starts at around $12 and $17 if you want to have a buffet and dinner is much higher than that. Luckily, there's a lot of restaurants in the area so we were able to walk to somewhere not as expensive. As much money as you spend to stay there, you would think they would at least offer something for you. Wi-Fi is also something you have to pay for which is something I've never experienced in any other hotel. You also have to pay $16 a day to park there, which again, as much as you have to already spend, you'd think they'd at least not charge you additional fees just to leave your car there.
The service was okay. The lady that checked us in was nice but not necessarily the lady that checked us out and no one really seemed to know what you were being charged or what you already paid for.
The pool area is nice but there are no restrictions in regards to kids getting in the hot tub so if you are looking to relax, expect a few kids jumping in with you on a regular basis.
The pay per view is another feature that they are very "proud of." My wife wasn't feeling well one night so we decided to stay in and maybe order a movie but when you're "cheap selection" is $15 (I could buy the Blu-Ray for that), we decided to pass.
The rooms look nice but are a bit small. The bed isn't the most comfortable I've been on and the bathrooms have no type of ventilation so beware when nature calls.
Again, if you have your company taking care of the bill and you're wanting easy access to the city, then you may like the Marriott, but if not, I would go somewhere that was more accomodating to its customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam D
North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I recently stayed here recently for business and pleasure (CIAA) My husband worked and I enjoyed he pleasure. The location was perfect as I was able to either walk or was driven there by car service provided by Marriott. When I first arrived I intended on having my car valeted, but unfortunately there was a discrepency on whether or not we had a vehicle valeted already (which we didn't). The Loss Prevention lady was extremely rude I suppose having to deal with the big crowds that weekend, but it was not a good look for the Marriott. I just parked in their garage and took the elevator into the hotel. **Rooms** The rooms were a decent size, with the bathrooms being extremely small, but the most irritating part was the smell of mildew in the room the entire weekend!! I have no clue why, but we asked housekeeping several times to spray but nothing was done. Lucky for us weren't in the room much.**Customer Service** I will say the customer service was 5 star!! Everytime I would an employee saw guest they greeted them and asked if they needed anything so that made for pleasant stay. The only reason I gave this hotel 3 stars was because of the smell and small bathrooms. I would stay here again I'll just be sure to pack my air freshner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful but let's face it, this is a mega corporate type hotel. It's perfect for conferences. Rooms are a bit small. In fact the bathroom was tiny. Plus the room was orange. But look, it is what it is. The bar looked fun and the conference food was fine. Nothing too special here. Just reliable and safe.

• Stayed February 2013
Florida, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wonderful and friendly staff, very nicely furnished rooms, free internet, 52-inch TV in the room, and an ideal downtown location. I've stayed here many times, and the rooms have always been quiet and I've slept well. On the first level there are restaurants to grab a quick bite to eat, and there are convenience stores. Parking is secure, but will cost extra. Overall, a very pleasant experience for the business traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel need a renovation.
When you arrive it looks old from the outside but then you see the lobby and you think, this will be a nice stay.
However, as soon as you step out of the elevator on the way to your room, you can see that this hotel has not been renovated for some time.
Don't take me wrong, the hotel is nice but you can hear everything outside your room because of the door to your room is very old and thin.
The ceiling in your room belongs in the 70's and the bed was way too soft
I did not pay 300/night as I used points and thank god for that. I wouldn't been unhappy if had paid 300 for a night at this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends